- "Crisis City, Part 2"! When a powerful ally succumbs to the Metal Virus, Omega and Sonic stand alone against an infected city. And even if they can save the remaining civilians from the zombots, will they be safe from Sonic?
- The conclusion of the Crisis City storyline, but not the Metal Virus saga!
Crisis City, Part 2
In Sunset City, a Zombot Shadow holds Sonic by the throat up against a truck as Rouge looks on in astonishment. Sonic believes that Shadow thought he could defeat the Zombots with his raw power alone but as this turned out not to be the case, he takes slight glee in having the opportunity to say "I told you so" later. Sonic kicks Shadow back, takes him by the arm, flips him over and spins away. Sonic realizes that a healthier Shadow would have seen through his maneuvers and countered him, meaning that the Zombot Shadow was not as reactive. However, he remembers that he does have to deal with the other Zombots in addition to Shadow. Sonic and Shadow trade kicks, forcing the former to attempt a Spin Attack on him. Shadow instead catches Sonic and slams him into the ground. Sonic begins to rev up into a Spin Dash, launches and then kicks his rival back.
- Shadow is still a Zombot after the events in Sonic the Hedgehog #19, "Crisis City, Part 1".
- Sonic is still infected with the Metal Virus he received in Sonic the Hedgehog #15, "Patient Zero".
- Team Dark is still trying to evacuate the uninfected civilians, an operation they began carrying out in Sonic the Hedgehog #19, "Crisis City, Part 1".
- At the beginning of the issue, Sonic is still pinned against the truck by Zombot Shadow, something he has been since the end of Sonic the Hedgehog #19, "Crisis City, Part 1".
- This issue was initially going to be released on 28 August 2019, but was soon moved to 14 August 2019 instead. It was later moved back to 28 August 2019.
- Evan Stanley was originally solicited to do cover A, but the final version of cover A was done by Tracy Yardley instead.
- Bracardi Curry had completed coloring the issue by 6 August 2019.
- Miles Arq helped to flat a few pages in this issue to help Bracardi meet the deadline of the issue.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #20 CVR A STANLEY. Previews World (24 May 2019). Retrieved on 24 May 2019.
- ↑ SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #20 CVR B LAWRENCE. Previews World (24 May 2019). Retrieved on 24 May 2019.
- ↑ SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #20 10 COPY INCV FOURDRAINE. Previews World (24 May 2019). Retrieved on 24 May 2019.
- ↑ Bracardi Curry on Twitter. Twitter (6 August 2019). Retrieved on 6 August 2019.
- ↑ Miles Arq on Twitter. Twitter (19 August 2019). Retrieved on 19 August 2019.