Hyper Potions is an American EDM band who has done work for the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Hyper Potions were formed by and consisting of Ian Tsuchiura and Kevin Villecco. In accordance by accounts of Tsuchiura and Villecco respectively, the two members got into music production at early stages of their lives, with Tsuchiura noting his passion for music "...for as long as [he] could remember", whilst Villecco had began his early footsteps into music and sound development as an after-school hobby in his early years.
Both Tsuchiura and Villecco also retained a strong passion for pop-culture and video games, the most notable being the band's early contributions of music which included cover songs from video games including: The Legend of Zelda, Mega Man, Super Mario, Phantasy Star Online, Sonic the Hedgehog and Pokémon. The band also contributed music and soundtracks for other popular title franchises and "indie" titles alike such as League of Legends and lesser known 'indie' titles such as S#!T On Your Friends (SOYF)
Seeking both work and recognition, Hyper Potions eventually gained contact with Sega to conduct limited sound and musical pieces. Their first publicized work with approval by the company was "Porta Vista" featured in the announcement trailer for Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. Prior to Sonic Mania's full trailer and game release, the group composed the teaser's opening trailer music "Checkpoint". They also eventually appeared and performed as the opening act for the Sonic series' 25th anniversary party at the House of Blues in San Diego, California on 22 July 2016. They later created the music track "Checkpoint" for the trailers for Sonic Mania, in collaboration with Nitro Fun, and "Time Trials". For the premiere of Sonic Mania Plus, the band also worked together with Jun Senoue to compose the theme song "Time Trials Plus". Their song "Friends" was also used in the opening for Sonic Mania and later in the introduction scene for the 2020 film, Sonic the Hedgehog.
List of members
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice Nintendo 3DS trailer
- "Porta Vista"
- Sonic Mania
- "Checkpoint" (w/ Nitro Fun)
- "Time Trials"
- Sonic Mania Adventures
- Sonic Mania Plus
- "Time Trials Plus" (w/ Jun Senoue)
- Team Sonic Racing
- "Ice Mountain: Intro Fly-by" (w/ Jun Senoue)
- "Ice Mountain: Lap Music" (w/ Jun Senoue)
- "Ice Mountain: Final Lap" (w/ Jun Senoue)
- "Ice Mountain: Goal" (w/ Jun Senoue)
- "Market Street: Lap Music" (w/ Jun Senoue)
- "Market Street: Final Lap" (w/ Jun Senoue)
- "Market Street: Goal" (with (w/ Jun Senoue)
- "Whale Lagoon: Intro Fly-by" (w/ Jun Senoue)
- "Whale Lagoon: Lap Music" (w/ Jun Senoue)
- "Whale Lagoon: Final Lap" (w/ Jun Senoue)
- "Whale Lagoon: Goal" (w/ Jun Senoue)
- The band describes their music style as "Happy, friendly and nostalgic".
- Tsuchiura's favorite video games are Mega Man, Pokemon series and Kingdom Hearts series, whilst Villecco's are Phantasy Star Online, DOTA 2, Rocket League and Overwatch 
- On their accounts, Hyper Potions has made remixes of some soundtracks in the Sonic franchise, such as Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2, "Join Us 4 Happy Time... for Chao Race" from Sonic Adventure and Tropical Resort from Sonic Colors. They have also released a song called "Gotta Go Fast" as tribute to Sonic.