In Tails' Skypatrol, along with Bearenger and Carrottia, Hocke-Wulf was one of three henchmen of Witchcart, who was threatening to transform inhabitants of the island into crystals. He was later defeated by Miles "Tails" Prower.
Hocke has been described as a giggling fiend.
Hocke-Wulf is featured as the first boss of the game after the player reaches the end of Rail Canyon. He pilots a flying, yellow motorbike, while he tosses mines, which float in midair in certain patterns.
If Tails tosses his Boomering into a mine, it shatters into four tiny projectiles, scattering in different directions. Blowing up all four projectiles with Tails' Boomering gives a hundred points each, or the player can drop the mine on Hocke-Wulf by using the Boomering. Like other bosses, the player has to land twenty hits to defeat Hocke-Wulf or toss him into the ground four times.
|N/A||Chikayo Fukuda, Kazunechan||0:34|
In other media
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, Hocke-Wulf is referred to as Falke Wulf. In this media, he is a part of the Witchcarters, a trio of mobian thugs controlled by Wendy Naugus against their will. His first name, according to Ian Flynn, was changed from its original translation of "Focke-Wulf" because it sounded too similar to a certain curse word.
- Hocke-Wulf's flying motorbike is similar to an Extreme Gear. This is the second time in the series when a similar kind of vehicle is featured before the introduction of Extreme Gears in Sonic Riders, as Fang's Marvelous Queen is also very similar to those.
- Focke-Wulf was a German company known for manufacturing military aircraft for the Luftwaffe during World War II. Hocke-Wulf was originally known as Focke-Wulf up untill the release of the Sonic the Hedgehog Encyclo-speed-ia.
- In the Japanese box artwork for Tails' Skypatrol, Hocke-Wulf's flying motorbike appears to be missing its rocket thrusters.
- On page sixty-eight of Sonic the Hedgehog 30th Anniversary Special, Hocke makes a cameo driving an electric scooter.
- Flynn, Ian; Sega (8 December 2021). "Tails' Skypatrol". Sonic the Hedgehog Encyclo-speed-ia. Dark Horse Books. p. 75. ISBN 978-1506719276. "Hocke-Wulf - A giggling fiend on a flying bike who hurls exploding mines at tails."
- Tails' Skypatrol (Sega Game Gear) Japanese instruction manual, pg. 24.
- Ian Flynn on Twitter. Twitter (30 March 2016). Archived from the original on 1 April 2016.