- For the level in Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom, see Village. For the location in another dimension, see Hedgehog Village (alternate dimension).
Hedgehog Village, formerly known as Badgerville, Eggman City and the Unnamed Village, is a location that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. Founded by Jebediah Badger, it is the main settlement on Seaside Island, and most of the local residents either live in or around it. The Village itself is powered by a source of clean electricity known as the Meroke Crystal.
The Village is frequently attacked by Dr. Eggman (who wants to turn it into his personal amusement park) and his robot minions as the starting point on Eggman's road towards global conquest. As such, the Village is under the constant threat of certain doom. Every time a danger has surfaced though, Team Sonic has come to save the Village.
Points of interest
- Giant scissor factory
- Lightning Bolt Society's headquarters
- Movie theater
- Rabbit Road 152 and 156
- Village Center
- The residents in Hedgehog Village pay taxes.
- For safety reasons, Hedgehog Village has a ban for flammable frozen treats.
- Hedgehog Village has been saved from Dr. Eggman by Team Sonic over one million times.
- Hedgehog Village has a tax on chili dogs.
- Before Sonic destroyed it, Hedgehog Village's main tourist attraction was a giant ball of twine.
- Hedgehog Village was named after Amy Rose the Hedgehog rather than Sonic the Hedgehog.
- The residents of Hedgehog Village hate the library because it is quiet and they prefer TV over reading.
- Many of the villagers in Hedgehog Village do not own a car.
- Hedgehog Village appears to be a centerpoint for all the conflicts on Seaside Island, as neighboring villages remain virtually untouched by attacks from villainous robots.
- In Hedgehog Village, a person will get quarantined when they are diagnosed with fleas.
- Grenier, Benoit (11 March 2017). "Unnamed Episode". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 70. Boomerang.
- Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (21 November 2015). Retrieved on 21 November 2015. “Zack Dias: What is the name of the Village? / Bill Freiberger: Unnamed Village”
- Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- Hit new TV Series Sonic Boom Premiered #1 in its time slot with boys 6-14!* Now on Cartoon Network. Retrieved on 20 November 2014. “The series is set in a wide-open world, where most of the characters live in and around a Village.”
- Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.
- Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (7 January 2017). "Multi-Tails". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 61. Boomerang.
- Freiberger, Sam (26 November 2016). "Nutwork". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 55. Boomerang.
- Milano, Dan (7 March 2015). "How to Succeed in Evil Without Really Trying". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 16. Cartoon Network.
- Lieblich, Doug (10 December 2016). "The Biggest Fan". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 57. Boomerang.
- Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- Gutierrez, Freddie (30 September 2017). "Three Minutes or Less". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 97. Boomerang.
- Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (4 February 2017). "Mech Suits Me". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 65. Boomerang.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (28 February 2015). "Aim Low". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 15. Cartoon Network.
- Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter (18 March 2017). Retrieved on 18 March 2017. “Aidan: why does everyone hate the library? / Alan Denton: Because it's quiet and they prefer TV to reading. Very uncultured community, if you ask me..”
- Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter (7 May 2017). Retrieved on 8 May 2017. “Nintrendodude: Right but I thought none had a car on the island? Where did they come from? / Alan Denton: The Chez Amy line was her telling the fickle villagers who left that they don't even have cars. She didn't say NOBODY in universe has one”
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- Beardmore, Marie (3 June 2017). "Flea-ing From Trouble". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 82. Boomerang.