Hamlin Pig is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He is a mobian pig who was personally trained by Sally Acorn and became a member of the Substitute Freedom Fighters. After several years of service, he was elected to the Council of Acorn.
Time as a Trainee
Hamlin was part of the original group of Freedom Fighter trainees under Sally Acorn. One of the more vocal and violent members of the group, he often came into confrontations with Geoffrey St. John, who aided the group in their early training missions, which eventually led to their thwarting Robotnik's Auto Automaton project. During this time, Hamlin suspected Geoffrey of being a traitor, but his theories proved false once Geoffrey revealed he'd been loyal all along, and his deception was actually to trick Dr. Robotnik. 
Hamlin joined the fray in trying to stop an amnesia-ridden Sonic when he was attacking Knothole. Later, Hamlin helped a speedless Sonic rescue the Knothole Freedom Fighters from Robotropolis after the group was captured by Combots. Later, he and his teammates became an official group under the leadership of Larry Lynx after rescuing the Knothole Freedom Fighters from Robotropolis.
Council of Acorn
Two years later - together with Dylan and Penelope Platypus - Hamlin was chosen by the citizens of New Mobotropolis to sit on the Council of Acorn with Sir Charles Hedgehog, Elias Acorn, Rotor Walrus, and Rosemary Prower.
Hamlin later acted as Sally's prosecutor during her hearing for going against the orders of not retaliating against the Suppression Squad, and not attacking Doctor Eggman while his defenses were down. Hamlin almost succeeded as the case against Sally was too strong, but she said that she would always wait for the orders of the council even during a battle and would neglect to go to the Chaotix for any future help. Or that the council could trust her with the duty she's had all her life and drop the charges. Everyone but Hamlin then voted for the charges against Sally to be dropped. Hamlin then revealed to Sally during a brief conversation, that he ran for the council because he was always forgotten and never taken on any missions. So if he himself couldn't fight for his people, he would make sure the Freedom Fighters fought for them correctly.
Hamlin has a very aggressive and powerful personality, which leads him to chafe at the restrictions of anyone having authority over him. As a member of the Substitute Freedom Fighters, this leaves him dissatisfied, as he finds himself constantly made a subordinate: to Sally, to Geoffrey, to Sonic, and even to Larry Lynx. this led him to run for the Council of Acorn in hopes of obtaining a greater leadership role.
- Hamlin is tied with Penelope and Dylan for the ninth longest non-appearance gap in the main series (issues 38-180).
- Hamlin's design is based on an unnamed background character from the Sonic the Hedgehog TV series. While he never featured any dialogue, he can be seen hanging around Knothole Village in multiple episodes.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "The Substitute Legion of Freedom Fighters"
- Princess Sally #1, "Deadliest of the Species - Part One"
- Princess Sally #2, "Deadliest of the Species - Part Two"
- Princess Sally #3, "Deadliest of the Species - Part Three"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #28, "Saturday Night's Alright For A Fight!"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #38, "The Rise of Robotropolis... The Fall of Sonic"
- Sonic Live, "The Substitute Freedom Fighters"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #180, "Preparations for War!"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #197, "Consequences"