- For the stomping attack, see Ground Pound.
When performing the ground pound, Knuckles delivers a punch directly into a surface (usually the ground). This attack is powerful enough to shatter a gigantic asteroid in space to pieces with a single blow. The force from this attack creates rippling shockwaves of destruction which can send surrounding enemies like Ballot Stuffer Bot and Badniks flying. Over time, Knuckles has demonstrated enough skill to induce the ground pound in rapid succession and with minimal effort.
When using the ground pound, Knuckles can control which targets the ground pound affects to a degree, allowing him to sent specific objects flying with the shockwaves while those caught in their wake are only mildly affected. However, the ground pound does not affect targets that are too big and heavy.
- The ground pound is the reason why Knuckles is not long permitted to be inside the library.
- The ground pound served as the inspiration for the Knuckle Slam.
- Knuckles' Mirror Dimension counterpart can also use the ground pound, but with far greater power and control.
- Concept artwork for this move appeared in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.
- Sanzaru Games (September 27, 2016). Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. Nintendo 3DS. Sega. Level/Area: Sonic's Shack. "Knuckles’ Ground Pound: Here’s some sweet concept art of Knuckles’ signature combat move, the ground pound. It has the ability to create rippling shockwaves of destruction which send his enemies flying. It is the reason why Knuckles is so feared on the battlefield… and also why he is no longer permitted inside the library."
- Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (28 January 2017). "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 64. Boomerang.
- Trueheart, Eric (17 July 2015). "Closed Door Policy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 31. Cartoon Network.
- Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom Dev Diary 1 of 3. YouTube (5 October 2015). Retrieved on 30 September 2016. "Jon O'Connor: We've incorporated a lot of things from the TV show, like the Enerbeam system, Knuckles' smash, Amy's hammer going through the special move when you're running..."
- Moarbes, Charles-Henri (23 July 2015). "Two Good to Be True". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 35. Cartoon Network.