The small town with a big heart.
— Motto, Sonic the Hedgehog (film)
Green Hills is a small, rural town in Montana.
Over fifty years ago, the Wachowski family began policing Green Hills as a part of the Green Hills Sheriff Department, and would continue this tradition up until the present day.
In the recent past, the Green Hills Sheriff, Tom Wachowski, applied to the San Francisco Police Department in hopes of doing more and making a real impact in peoples' lives. Having anticipated Tom' success, Tom's wife Maddie, began searching for apartments to rent in San Francisco.
Sonic the Hedgehog
In the present day, Tom received an invitation to join the SFPD. Soon after, Maddie flew to San Francisco with Ozzy to await Tom while he wrapped things up in Green Hills. Meanwhile, Sonic watched a junior league baseball game in Green Hills, which made him want to play baseball himself. However, his frustrations over having no one but himself to play with made him build up so much energy that he accidentally unleashed an electromagnetic pulse that caused a blackout across Green Hills and the Pacific Northwest. Later, Dr. Robotnik came to Green Hills to investigate the incident.
The next day, with the government on the hunt for him, Sonic fled to Tom's house to hide in his shed so he could go to the Mushroom Planet with the use of a Ring in peace. However, he was found by Tom, and the latter shot him with a tranquilizer. As he passed out, Sonic accidently sent his remaining Rings to the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco. After recovering, Sonic had an argument with Tom, though the two were forced to escape Green HIlls when Tom got on the homicidal Robotnik's bad side.
Days later, Tom and Maddie got sent back to Green Hills by Sonic with a Ring. Hours later, Sonic arrived in Green Hills himself through a Ring, with Robotnik right on his tail in his Eggpod. With Tom's help, Sonic managed to take down Robotnik and send him to the Mushroom Planet.
Some time after, Sonic was allowed to live with the Wachowskis, while all information about him and Robotnik were erased. Commander Walters also came to Green Hills to make contact with Sonic on behalf of the US government, but failed.
Points of interest
- The Wachowskis' house
- Sheriff department
- Baseball field
- The town is most likely named after Green Hill Zone, or after Green Hills Zone.
- The welcome sign of Green Hills is based on the one that appears in Green Hill Zone in an early prototype of Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit).
- The town of Ladysmith in British Columbia, Canada served as the filming location for Green Hills in Sonic the Hedgehog, while Metro Vancouver is currently serving for the filming location in the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog 2 film.
- Gregory, Mike (14 June 2018). Paramount budgets $7M for Sonic the Hedgehog movie shoot in ‘hero town’ Ladysmith. Vancouver Island Free Daily. Retrieved on 8 August 2018.
- Scarlett, Ryan (19 March 2021). Sonic movie sequel will not return to “Hero Town” Ladysmith, Vancouver Island. Tails' Channel. Archived from the original on 19 March 2021.