Sonic 3D Blast
The hills are alive with the sound of camshafts, engines, and various other machinery. The Flickies have been turned into nasty robots, and it’s up to you to guide Sonic through Green Grove Zone!
— Description, Sonic 3D Blast manual
Green Grove Zone is Sonic 3D Blast's typical Green-Hill-esque opening stage. Checkered brown soil, loop-the-loops, palm trees and idyllic waterfalls come as standard tropical fare. In the Saturn version, anthropomorphic moles can be seen burrowing in the soil, and anthropomorphic monkeys can be seen in some of the palm trees.
As with the other Zones in this game, Green Grove consists of two standard Acts followed by a third Act containing only the boss fight. In Acts 1 and 2, Sonic must free the captured Flickies from inside Badniks, depositing five of the birds into a Goal Ring to progress between sections of the Zone (usually three per Act).
There are also Spin Dash-able walls, winding underground passageways and giant cannons, too, for some reason.
Starts off in a large, rather uneven square room filled with multiple Rings near the edges of the walls. Sonic has time to grab a few before his nemesis finally arrives on the scene.
Dr. Robotnik, understandably displeased that his cobalt nemesis has discovered his dastardly machinations on Flicky Island, takes measures to forcibly remove Sonic by dropping heavy objects on him. The doc's modified Egg Mobile hauls a spiked iron ball around in gripping pincers, periodically throwing it at the hedgehog. The ball seems possesses a tracking mechanism, so keep moving while it's bouncing around the floor. Robotnik can be defeated by spinning onto his pod when he descends to pick the weapon back up.
- The music that plays in the Sega Genesis version of this Zone was reused in Sonic Adventure as "The Air ...for Windy Valley" for Windy Valley.
- The music that plays in this Zone in the Sega Saturn version was remixed as part of "It Really Doesn't Matter", a song in Metropolis Street Racer, another game created by Sega which Richard Jacques composed music for.
- Green Grove Zone was originally named "Green Alley Zone"
|Green Grove Zone Act 1 (Genesis)||Jun Senoue||3:00|
|Green Alley Zone Act 1 Demo (Genesis)||Jun Senoue||2:47|
|Green Grove Zone Act 2 (Genesis)||Jun Senoue||8:43|
|Green Grove Zone Act 1 (Saturn)||Richard Jacques||3:10|
|Green Grove Zone Act 2 (Saturn)||Richard Jacques||3:18|
Act 1 (Mega Drive)
Act 2 (Mega Drive)
- Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn) United States instruction booklet, p. 10.
- Sonic 3D Zones. page at The GHZ has detailed information on all the