Sonic the Hedgehog (TV series)
[A vehicle is chased by Swat-Bots. It lands, and Ari gets out and runs away]
[Scene change: Sonic and Sally are dismantling a ship]
- Sonic: Any year now, Sal!
- Sally: You know, your unremitting perseverance is an example to us all, Sonic.
- Sonic: Say what?
- Sally: Just move it.
- Sonic: Hold on to your socks, Sal!
[Sonic carries a rope with an anchor, rising the ship’s pieces]
- Sally: That’s good Sonic!
- Sonic: Yeah! Any cool stuff for the Deroboticizer?
- Sally: No, nothing yet.
- Sonic: Man, what is all this junk? Hey, check this! A toaster!
- Sally: Oh my Gosh, Sonic! That’s a magnetic field generator!
- Sonic: You mean it’s not a toaster? Then what’s it do?
- Sally: It’s a very powerful magnet.
[Scene change: Antoine, Tails and Dulcy in the Lookout]
- Antoine: Magnifique! My princess Sally, I’m seeing my love for you is like a huge fungo salad, my little tomato... You are the onions of my eyes... The gray flowers of my ear... The cucumber...
- Tails: Ant, you’re making me hungry. Besides, we’re supposed to be lookouts.
- Dulcy: That’s right, Tony. Lookout!
[Antoine shouts. Tails and Dulcy laugh] [Scene change: back to Sonic and Sally]
- Sally: Wow, it’s still in excellent shape!
- Sonic: Let’s check it out!
- Sally: Careful Sonic! Switch that on and you’ll attract every piece of metal within 50 feet.
- Sonic: Woah! That could be ugly.
- Antoine: Yoo-hoo! Alló, ma princesse!
- Sonic: Ew, speaking of ugly...
- Antoine: I have written for you, my princess! I’m falling in love with you!
[Antoine slip makes the ship’s pieces fall]
- Sally: Sonic, the magnet!
[Sonic retrieves the magnet. Antoine falls from a tree]
- Sonic: Nice landing, Ant. You gotta teach that to Dulcy.
- Sally: Are you OK, Antoine?
- Antoine: Moi? But of course, my princess. I’ve never been so much better...
[Scene change: back to the Lookout]
- Tails: Dulcy, check this out! Somebody is coming.
- Dulcy: [sees Ari and the bots through camera] Oh, oh! Swat-bots! You better tell Sonic!
[Scene change: Back to Sonic, Sally and Antoine]
- Tails: Sonic! Sonic!
- Sonic: What’s up, big guy?
- Tails: Sonic, SWATbots! They’re chasing some guy this way.
- Sonic: Some guy?
- Tails: Yeah, over there!
- Sonic: I’ll check it out!
- Sally: Sonic, lead the bots back here.
- Sonic: Say what?
- Sally: I’ve got an idea, trust me.
- Sonic: You got it, Sal.
[Sonic starts running. Ari is surrounded]
- Ari: Hahahaha! I’d like to stay, boys, but I have places to go and people to see!
- Sonic: Ooh, way cool moves, bud! Get ready to roll! I’ll draw these bots off!
- Ari: Thanks but, why would they follow you?
Bot: Emergency order override. Hedgehog. Priority one.
- Sonic: That’s why! Rip and Slip Time!!
[Sonic leads the bots back to where Sally and Tails are waiting]
- Tails: Here they come! [Sally activates the magnet and it attracts and deactivates the bots] You got them, Aunt Sally!
- Sally: That’s the power converter. The magnet deactivated the bot. We can use a lot of these parts for the De-Roboticizer.
[Scene change: Night time. Antoine and Dulcy playing cards and the others talking]
- Dulcy: Do you have a seven, Antoine?
- Antoine: Go fishing. You’re having a...four?
- Dulcy: Go fishing. I need a nine.
- Antoine: Go fishing. You’re having a...
- Ari: So, I was on the way to this old fortress where Robotnik’s holding my Freedom Fighters. And...
- Sonic: Wow! Did you say “Freedom Fighters”? Like us?
- Ari: Not exactly. We’re only six. Well, we were seven. Now there’s only me.
- Sally: Isn’t that interesting? We’ve never heard of other Freedom Fighters.
- Ari: Well, before today, we’ve never heard of you either.
- Sally: Look, anyone can say they’re a Freedom Fighter.
- Sonic: Yo Sal, you’re being mondo rude!
- Sally: No, Sonic, I’m being mondo cautious. We know nothing about him. I don’t know, something...just doesn’t feel right.
- Sonic: Like what?
- Sally: Like here we are, in the middle of nowhere, and another Freedom Fighter just happens to show up?
- Sonic: Sal, give the guy his props.
- Sally: Props?
- Sonic: Proper respect, lady. Bots were chasing him.
[Scene change: Robotropolis. Robotnik’s Control Room]
- Sally: Fine. But Robotnik controls the bots.
- Snively: The princess may be a problem, sir.
- Robotnik: Aah, but the rodent believes him, Snively...and that’s what matters.
[Scene change: Back to Sonic and Sally]
- Sonic: Yeah, well I trust him.
- Sally: Well I don’t.
- Sonic: I do!
- Sally: I don’t!
- Ari: Excuse me. I don’t wanna cause any trouble, so thanks for your help. I’ll handle it from here. Good luck.
- Sonic: Smooth move, Sal.
- Sally: Sonic, you’re being too reckless, as usual.
- Sonic: Hey, what’s so reckless about trusting somebody? You guys take the junk back to Knothole. I’m gonna help Ari.
[Scene change: Sally, Tails and Antoine riding on Dulcy, who is asleep]
- Sally: Dulcy! Dulcy!
- Dulcy: What?
- Sally: That tree!
[They crush and land in Rotor’s lab]
- Dulcy: I’m home, ma...
[Bunnie is nursing Dulcy]
- Dulcy: I didn’t do it, ma...honest.
- Rotor: Now we connect this wire, and...
- Bot: Awaiting instructions.
- Sally: What are your orders?
- Bot: Orders, pursue Freedom Fighter Ari...Do not capture...Drive to the fortress. Coordinates 3-6-2. Use Ari to force Priority One Hedgehog into trap.
- Rotor: Where?
- Bot: Fortress. Coordinates 7-5.
- Sally: [Gasps] We have to warn Sonic.
[Scene change: Sonic and Ari approaching the fortress]
- Ari: Sonic, put these on!
- Sonic: What are they for?
- Ari: That patch of sand up ahead. Vibrations trigger hidden whirl pools. Look, just avoid the red areas!
- Sonic: No problem, Ari!
[Scene change: Dulcy flying with Sally on her back]
- Sally: I know this is asking a lot, Dulcy, but can you go faster?
- Dulcy: OK!
[Scene change: back to Sonic and Ari]
- Sonic: Man, it looks totally deserted. You sure your Freedom Fighters are in there?
- Ari: Yeah, I saw them.
[Ari pushes a button, a flying bot appears]
- Ari: Sonic!
- Sonic: Got it, no problemo! [Sonic runs and the bot chases him] Man, this guy is a real pain in the... [Gets bitten] Yaaay! Wow, that’s rude, man! Better teach you some manners. [He hides in the ground and waits for the bot to pass. When he does so, he goes up again and throws him to a red area] Ooh, his bite was worse than his bark!
- Ari: Are you all right, Sonic?
- Sonic: Yeah, as long as I don’t sit down.
[Scene change: Back with Dulcy and Sally, arriving to the scene]
- Sally: There’s Sonic! Dulcy, could you...?
- Dulcy: I know, I know, faster, faster...
[Scene change: Back with Sonic and Ari. Sonic is just about to open the door]
- Ari: Sonic, wait!
- Sonic: What’s up?
- Ari: That door isn’t friendly.
- Sonic: Woah, that would have smoked my sneakers, big time! [Ari opens the door with a remote control] You sure know a lot about this place Ari.
- Ari: We have a good intelligence network.
- Sonic: So do we. We’ll make a great team!
[Sonic and Ari enter]
- Sally: Sonic!
- Sonic: Huh? Sal? [Ari pushes the remote again and the door suddenly closes] Ah!
- Dulcy: Hold on, Sally!
- Sally: Dulcy, are you all right?
- Dulcy: I’ll pick up my room later, ma...
[The fortress turns into a Robotnik fortress]
- Sally: Oh my gosh, Dulcy... This is trouble!
- Dulcy: There won’t be any trouble, ma...
[Scene change: Back to Sonic and Ari, looking at a TV monitor]
- Sonic: Yo! What’s up with the weirdo TV?
- Ari: We have to unscramble it to get in.
- Sonic: You mean like eggs?
- Ari: Hmm...similar. [Ari manages to open the door] That’s it!
[They enter the dark room, where Ari’s friends are captive]
- Sonic: Man oh man! Are those your Freedom Fighters, Ari?
- Ari: I’m afraid so.
- Sonic: Let’s spring ‘em! [Sonic quickly runs into one of the captured FF, but he disappears] Heh! What’s up, Ari? What’s going on?
- Ari: I’m sorry, Sonic. I wish there were another way.
[The door closes]
- Sonic: Hey Ari! Open up, man!
- Robotnik: I’m afraid you’re stuck with me, Hedgehog. But not to worry. I promise you won’t be bored. Heeheeheehee!
- Sonic: Robotnik.
[Scene change: Again outside the fortress]
- Dulcy: OK. When I push this button, I’m gonna fly backwards and rip out the door.
- Sally: Dulcy!
- Dulcy: Trust me...
- Sally: Wait! Don’t!
- Dulcy: This will work!
- Sally: Dulcy, talk to me!
- Dulcy: I’m fine ma...
- Nicole: Analysis complete, Sally.
- Sally: Bad news first, Nicole.
- Nicole: No access possible. Doors all code-locked.
- Sally: Great! [Door opens] Come on, Dulcy!
[They enter the building and see Ari getting inside a hovercraft]
- Dulcy: Where’s Sonic?
- Sally: I don’t know. But get ready to move. [Hovercraft flies off and the doors close again] I have to find out what’s going on. Dulcy, can you catch that hovercraft?
- Dulcy: It’ll be a stretch, but I’ll try.
[Scene change: Dulcy and Sally chase Ari]
- Sally: Dulcy, faster!
- Dulcy: OK, but I’ll have to crack the whip.
- Sally: Crack the what?
- Dulcy: The whip!
- Sally: Dulcy!
[Scene change: Back with Sonic and Robotnik]
- Robotnik: Are you ready to play, my favorite rodent?
- Sonic: Play what, chrome dome?
- Robotnik: A little game I created. Just for the two of us. [Pushes a button]hehehehehe!
- Sonic: Oh, man!
- Snively: Sir, we have the hedgehog in the palm of our hand. Why not just...just
squash him now?
- Robotnik: Oh no Snively. I’ve been waiting far too long for this moment. I want to savor it. Hehehehe! Activate.
- Snively: Activating, sir.
[Sonic starts levitating]
- Sonic: Yo Robuttnik, what’s up?
- Robotnik: Why...you are, hedgehog. [Sonic gets stuck into a ball] Comfortable, rodent?
- Sonic: Let’s do it, Robuttnik. I don’t have all day.
- Robotnik: That’s true. You don’t. Activate.
[The pinball reveals itself]
- Sonic: Oh, no! Something tells me I’m not gonna like this game.
- Robotnik: Fascinating, isn’t it hedgehog? It’s a dimensional warp I created years ago.
- Sonic: You need to get out more, Robuttnik.
- Robotnik: There are still some techno problems to solve. It seems that those who enter...never return. [Portal closes] Oh well, life is not perfect.
- Sonic: Perfect means never having to see you again, moon-head!
- Robotnik: Be careful what you wish for, rodent! Here are the rules. Hit your bumpers, and the portal closes a little. Hit my bumpers and...well...even you can figure that out! [Sonic gets sucked to the start area] Let the game begin!
- Sonic: Should have listened to... [The game begins] Saaaaal!!!! Huh, you wanna play, huh, Robuttnik? Well check this! [Portal closes] Bye bye portal. You lose, bullet-head!
- Robotnik: Silly hedgehog. That was just the warm-up. I didn’t want you to...strain yourself.
[Game continues and Sonic gets into a freezing machine]
- Sonic: Mondo problemo... [Game continues and the portal opens again. Robotnik pushes a button] Oh man!
[A virtual image of Robotnik with a hockey stick appears]
- Robotnik: One small step for the rodent, one very large stick for me!
- Sonic: You’re history, Robuttnik!
- Robotnik: I admire your spirit, rodent, but this game is far from over.
[Releases bots, which Sonic sucks into the portal]
- Ari: All right Robotnik. I delivered Sonic, now release my Freedom Fighters.
- Sally: Ready, Dulcy?
- Dulcy: Ready.
- Robotnik: Of course dear boy, I always keep my promises. Snively!
- Snively: Sir?
- Robotnik: Bring in Ari’s friends.
[Ari’s friends come in. However, they are roboticized]
- Ari: What is this, Robotnik? We had a deal.
[Dulcy is breathing heavily]
- Sally: Hurry, Dulcy!
- Dulcy: You think this is easy?
- Robotnik: Deals only exist to be broken, dear boy. You’ll feel better once you’re
- Ari: One day Robotnik, you’ll be on the other end of this!
- Robotnik: Oh, please, all this drama gives me a migraine.
- Dulcy: I hate doing this. OK, ready! [Falls in front of Robotnik] Hello.
[Robotnik gasps and then gets frozen]
- Snively: Oh, no! [Gets frozen]
[Ari destroys the Swat-Bots]
- Sally: Thanks, Ari.
- Ari: No, no, princess. I should thank you.
[Scene change: Back to Sonic and Robotnik. Sonic struggles to free himself]
- Sonic: Oh man! Pinball is...a tough game. [Portal closes] I’m outta here!
- Robotnik: Hehehehee...Don’t strain yourself, blue boy. The game isn’t over until the hedgehog screams! [Game continues] Hahahahaha!
[Scene change: Dulcy, Ari and Sally go back to the fortress in a different ship]
- Sally: I’ll be right back. [Retrieves magnet]
- Ari: Excuse me, princess. [Takes the magnet]
- Sally: Ari, wait! [Ari is opening the door] Ari, what are you doing?
- Ari: Stay back, princess. The door has a defensive system.
- Sally: Ari!
[Scene change: Back with Sonic. Portal re-opens]
- Robotnik: Having fun yet, Sonic?
- Sonic: Man, I need a big juice. [Tries to pull out a Power Ring, and almost gets sucked into the portal, but he’s suddenly attracted to the opposite way] Hey, what’s up?
- Robotnik: What is this?
[Sonic gets attracted to the magnet Ari has]
- Sonic: Ari, thanks.
- Ari: I thought you could use a hand, Sonic, but now we’re both in trouble.
- Sonic: No prob! Help’s on the way. Way cool!
[Gets powered up by the Power Ring]
- Sonic: Get ready to turn that sucker off! Now, Ari!
[Ari de-activates the magnet, and Sonic destroys the pinball]
- Robotnik: Finally, the Power Ring! Play time’s over.
- Computer: Destruct mode. Count down. 5...4...3...2...1...Activate.
[Everything starts to get sucked into the portal, and so does Ari]
- Sonic: Ari! [Catches him] Hang on, Ari!
- Ari: Sonic, I’m sorry! I didn’t wanna...do this. He has my Freedom Fighters.
- Sonic: Just hang on, pal!
- Ari: Sonic, listen! There are other Freedom Fighters besides us. I don’t know how many, but they’re looking for Sally. The list! Her father’s list!
[A wheel hits him and he gets sucked into the portal]
- Sonic: Ari! Oh no!
[Scene change: Outside]
- Sally: Sonic!
[Sonic gets out and hugs Sally]
- Sonic: Yeah!
[The fortress gets all sucked into the portal]
- Dulcy: Is...Ari...
- Sonic: Gone. He’s inside that thing.
[The portal disappears]
- Sally: It’s a vortex. With luck, we can figure it out and bring him back.
- Sonic: I hope so. He saved me from going in there.
[Scene change: Knothole]
- Sally: Other Freedom Fighters? And you’re sure he said “my father’s list”?
- Sonic: That’s right, Sal.
- Sally: What can it be? A list of other Freedom Fighter groups?
- Sonic: Who knows? You’re the one who didn’t trust Ari.
- Sally: But, unlike some hedgehogs who leap before they look, I have the ability to learn.
- Sonic: Hey, I can learn!
- Sally: I think not.
- Sonic: “I think not”. What’s this thing?
[Gets electrocuted. Then he looks himself in the mirror and scares himself]
- Sally: I rest my case.
- Sonic: Duuuh, funny. Very funny.