- For the version of this organization before the Super Genesis Wave, see Freedom Fighters (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
The Freedom Fighters are a group that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. They are an organization of resistance cells created to oppose the tyranny of the Eggman Empire and its Egg Army units across the globe.
- Desert Raiders: Defenders of Shamar.
- Freedom Fighters: Defenders of the Kingdom of Acorn and all of Sonic's World.
- Shijin Warriors: Defenders of Chun-Nan.
- Wolf Pack: Defenders of the Thunder Plains Zone.
- Woodland Kingsmen: Defenders of Avalon.
Freedom Fighter groups typically act as individual cells, though they have sometimes worked together on missions. It has been rare for any group to have more than a dozen members. Typically, they prefer to use espionage, sabotage and guerrilla warfare. However, the Freedom Fighters in particular have been known to stage frontal assaults periodically, and have at times enlisted other Freedom Fighter groups in such action as well.