Fire Souls are collectibles that appear throughout Sonic and the Secret Rings.
Fire Souls resemble red Rings on fire with a small emblem of a column of fire in their center.
There are a total of 126 Fire Souls in Sonic and the Secret Rings. Three Fire Souls are in each first, second, fifth, sixth, ninth and tenth missions in each world (not counting Lost Prologue) in Adventure Mode. Collecting these unlock games, characters and other features in Party Mode:
- #6: Aim! Big Crossbow Mini-Game
- #12: Sink 'em! Pirate Ship Mini-Game
- #18: Row! Canoe Race Mini-Game
- #24: Reel! Battle Fishing Mini-Game
- #30: New Character: Shadow the Hedgehog
- #36: Thrust! Bone Knight Mini-Game
- #42: New Character: Cream the Rabbit
- #48: Cross! Balance Race Mini-Game
- #54: Watch out! Trap Mini-Game
- #60: Put it out! Big Fire Mini-Game
- #69: New Attraction: World Bazaar
- #78: Fly! Ptero-Rider Mini-Game
- #87: New Character: Silver the Hedgehog
- #96: Spin! Propeller Race Mini-Game
- #105: New Character: Blaze the Cat
- #114: New Option: Extreme Difficulty
- #126: New Attraction: Final X Adventure
- These items share a name with an attack used by Rei Hino/Sailor Mars in the anime Sailor Moon.
- One could say that the Fire Souls were the precursor to the Red Star Rings that were introduced in Sonic Colors.