Fire Bot, also referred to as Fireman-bot, is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. It is a mass-produced fireman-based robot model created by Dr. Eggman. Contrary to their template, they cause fires instead of stopping them.
The Fire Bots are humanoid robots. Their height differs between that of Sonic's height to twice that size. They have a long frontal red torso, round white shoulders, thick red and yellow forearms, thin and stubby legs with triangular yellow and red feet, and a segmented gray tail. They also have a black, featureless face with yellow eyes, and they wear a yellow fireman helmet with a black light on top and thin antennas. On their back, they carry two tanks with a hose-like staff attached.
The Fire Bot model used for Bot Racing is nearly identical to the original model except it has brown armor instead of red, and a red nozzle for their staff.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
In Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, a Fire Bot was chosen as one of Dr. Eggman's EggBot Racers to beat Sonic in a racing competition. Receiving Eggman's new Ragnium fuel and other upgrades, Fire Bot gained a massive speed boost and new abilities. When its turn came to race Sonic, however, Fire Bot proved no match for Sonic.
A lone Fire Bot was send on a rampage in the Unnamed Village by Dr. Eggman where it faced Team Sonic. While fighting the heroes, Fire Bot kept wrecking havoc until Sonic tied it up with its own hose, causing it to explode. Three Fire Bots, along with Eggman's Badniks, were later sent by Eggman to attack Sonic as payback for ruining his snack, but they were all destroyed when Sonic's team came to his aid.
After getting scolded by Eggman for trying to clean up the doctor's mess, a Fire Bot joined Orbot and Cubot's strike action while also scorning Eggman's replacement lackeys. As it was about to give up though, Eggman cracked and agreed to treat it better (but still without respect). A Fire Bot later came to Eggman's aid when Team Sonic were breaking Mighton and Bolts out of Eggman's lair. Despite its best attempts, Fire Bot was defeated by the combined efforts of Bolts, Mighton and Sonic. No less than an hour afterward, the other Fire Bots got infected by malware from Hypnobot, who compelled them to join other infected robots in an attack on Hedgehog Village. There, one Fire Bot was stopped by Tails when it attacked some villagers. Once Hypnobot's control was broken however, the remaining Firebots were freed and returned to Eggman.
When Eggman had to keep Sonic from delivering the doctor's order from Meh Burger to his lair within three minutes, in an attempt to humiliate Sonic for his incompetence at delivering his order on time, a Fire Bot would act as an obstacle at Eggman's lair. However, it could not keep Sonic from arriving on time. A Fire Bot later met up with Eggman after he stole Bolts' intelligence chip, which Eggman installed into Fire Bot. With the chip, Fire Bot was able to better fight Sonic when Team Sonic and their allies assembled to stop Eggman. Just before Team Sonic's ally, Mighton, took Fire Bot out though, it rejected the intelligence chip so another Eggman robot could use it.
Being the "evil opposite of a fireman", the Fire Bots behave in the exact opposite way of an actual fireman, meaning they start fires, get babies into burning houses, and put cats up trees. Because they are designed for combustion, however, they do not know how to carry out more delicate tasks (like cleaning) on their own, and their best answer to issues is burning them to ashes.
Completely silent, the Fire Bots are usually ruthless when fighting, single-minded and unquestioningly dedicated to Eggman's orders. They do possess an AI that grants them a degree of free will and emotional capabilities however, allowing them to make their own choices and express themselves. However, the Fire Bots are weak-willed and depend on Eggman to avoid being sent to the scrapheap, meaning they cannot act independently for long before coming groveling back to the doctor.
Powers and abilities
Fire Bots carry around hose equipment and tanks that let them spew flames of varying intensity, from regular fire hot enough to instantly incinerate wood to much more intense blue flames. As Eggman robots, they are also able to receive power remotely from Eggman's lair.
The Fire Bots are not waterproof, meaning dowsing them in water will short-circuit them. Also, being Eggman robots, the Fire Bots rely on Eggman's lair to provide them with power. As such, should the lair run out of power, then they will too.
- Fire Bot is classified as an "outdoor robot" due to the unintended destruction its flamethrower can cause when used indoor.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Beardmore, Marie (14 January 2017). "Strike!". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 62. Boomerang.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (6 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 1". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 78. Boomerang.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- ↑ Gutierrez, Freddie (30 September 2017). "Three Minutes or Less". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 97. Boomerang.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (28 October 2017). "Eggman Family Vacation". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 101. Boomerang.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.