The Final Egg is a high-tech-orientated green base. Computer screens and giant light sources decorate the walls. Yellow railing-like patterns and a black wide line with circuit board-like lines inside it stretch across the walls as well. The lower sections of the walls also have computer screens and cylinders with the Eggman Empire's insignia on them attached to them. There are also tube-based work stations.
Battle For Angel Island
After Dr. Eggman had lost his memory and took up a new life as the kindly "Mr. Tinker", Rough the Skunk and Tumble the Skunk kidnapped the doctor from Windmill Village and brought him to the Final Egg. There, Dr. Starline began the process of restoring Eggman's memories. After three sessions however, Starline had failed to make much process with Eggman. This made Rough and Tumble grow impatience with Starline, who had promised that Eggman would make them weapons to use against Sonic. After a damaged Metal Sonic arrived in the Final Egg however, Eggman regained his memories and old personality upon seeing Metal Sonic. Taking control of the assembled group of villains, Eggman was brought up to speed by Starline while repairing Metal Sonic. Introduced to Rough and Tumble as well, Eggman agreed to make them weapons to use against Sonic once he heard that the skunk brothers hated the hedgehog. After hearing about Starline's Warp Topaz as well (which did not interest Eggman), Starline provided Eggman with the seven Chaos Emeralds as his "apprenticeship application". Impressed, Eggman took Starline in as his new lackey.
After reviewing Neo Metal Sonic's past activities in the Final Egg, Eggman went to work on his Metal Virus and assigned Starline to keep Sonic occupied while he got ready. Meanwhile, Eggman sorted out a misunderstanding Rough and Tumble had about their weapon schematics.
While Eggman worked on his Metal Virus, Starline would report that he had baited Sonic and Tails to Windmill Village with a letter, as Eggman had instructed. Although Starline wondered why they had to use such overt means of luring Sonic into a trap when an ambush would suffice, Eggman assured him it would mess with Sonic as Starline wanted. Immediately after, he and Starline began experimenting with the Metal Virus. After a couple of tests, Eggman declared his Metal Virus a succes. This made Starline express happiness over their collaboration, which let Eggman to ask Starline of how he located him in Windmill Village. Explaining that he used the Warp Topaz for that, Starline used it to provide Eggman with a "window" to the site of Sonic and Tails battle with Rough and Tumble. When Rough and Tumble stood to loose though, Eggman began implementing the Metal Virus for the next phase of his plan although Starline thought it was too early. When Rough and Tumble later asked Eggman for another chance to fight Sonic, Metal Sonic stepped in to receive that honor. However, Starline requested to be next to fight Sonic, believing he knew exactly how to hit him.
- This location is based on the location of the same name that debuted in Sonic Adventure. The part depicted in the comic was the entrance area that could be found within the Mystic Ruins.
- The fact that this was the Final Egg was first confirmed by artist Evan Stanley on Twitter.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #11, "The Battle for Angel Island Part 3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #12, "The Cost of the Battle for Angel Island"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #13, "Calling Card"
- ↑ Evan Stanley on Twitter. Twitter (29 November 2018). Retrieved on 29 November 2018. “Ernest Panda: *IDW SONIC 11 SPOILERS (I guess)* @SpiritSonic was Eggman being held at the entrance to Final Egg in the script or was it just an easter egg on your part? ^^ / Evan Stanley: That specific location was called out in the script, and since it's one of my faves I've been working hard to do it justice!”