"Eye Spy" is the seventy-fourth episode of the anime series, Sonic X. It first aired on 14 April 2005 and 8 April 2006 in France and the United States respectively.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Christopher Thorndyke
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Rouge the Bat
- Doctor Eggman
- Cosmo's species
- "Gotta Go Fast" - Opening theme (USA and CAN)
- "Sonic X" - Opening theme (AUS, NZ and UK)
- "Gotta Go Fast" (shortened) - Closing theme
After Cosmo discovered she has a codename White Seed and the Metarex are monitoring what she hears and sees, her amulet starts shining and Cosmo screams. Then out of nowhere, the Blue Typhoon is transported to a deserted planet. Meanwhile, Sonic and Chris are finally recovered from being almost killed by Shadow in their previous battle.
Everyone is surprised after they land on the deserted planet. Cosmo is knocked out while the team discover that Cosmo's brain is emitting a signal to the Metarex, they plan on trying to eliminate the signal, except that the signal is connected to the part of her brain that translates sounds and sight; thus, Cosmo will most likely lose her eyesight and hearing if the chip is removed. While Tails and Chris are torn about this, Knuckles pushes for the surgery.
Meanwhile, Amy starts searching for Sonic, but ends up bumping into Rouge. They both discover that this planet is not only Cosmo's homeworld, but the Metarex's as well. They also discover that male versions of Cosmo's people were able to transform into huge dinosaur-like beings to protect their planet from an alien invasion. However, a few of them wanted to be able to completely destroy the alien horde, and so crystallized their world's Planet Egg in order to keep the transformation from sapping their energy. They eventually led to the abandonment of the planet and transformed into the Metarex.
Cosmo, horrified by the fact that the Metarex are using her to spy on them, intends to leave, but Tails reassures her that they all will help her defeat the Metarex. Sonic and the rest of the gang also support the new resolution, and they all are ready for the final attack on the Metarex. Shadow is disgusted by this and tries to leave. Chris tries to tell him that he needs to help them, yet he keeps refusing, but then Bokkun arrives, telling Shadow that Eggman has been captured by the Metarex. At the same time, Dark Oak has seven Chaos Emeralds and preparation for Forestation is about to begin.
- The English dub cuts out the beginning that recaps the ending of the previous episode, which showed Cosmo embracing her amulet while screaming.
- An overhead shot of Chris sleeping was removed from the dub.
- A scene of Cream and Cheese tidying up Cosmo's room is cut from the dub.
- The whole scene of Chris explaining that the more friendlier they are to Cosmo, the more it helps Dark Oak, along with the accompanying flashbacks, was cut from the dub.
- In the original, Knuckles was against removing Cosmo's sight and hearing. In the dub, however, he agrees that it should be done ("That's a chance we'll have to take!").
- As Amy and Rouge step foot onto Cosmo's home planet, a scene of Shadow eavesdropping from on top of a tree was cut from the dub.
- The entirety of the backstory behind Cosmo's home planet and how Dark Oak formed has a white vintage effect added around the scene in the dub. The same effect is added on the black-and-white flashback of Tails and Cosmo.
- During the backstory, one of the transformed male seedrians shouts out "Why, Earthia?!" He is mute in the dub.
- The scene of Knuckles being told of the backstory by Rouge, and being reminded of what happened to the Knuckles Clan, was cut in the dub.
- In the English dub, after telling Cream to go, Cosmo starts quietly sobbing. This does not happen in the original.
- In the dub, the text "THANK YOU EVERYBODY" on the picture of the party (from "Mission: Match Up") was removed.
- The scene of Sonic reassuring Chris that everyone knows how Cosmo's situation will play out was changed and shortened in the dub. In the dub, he simply promises that "everything will be alright" and not exactly the situation at hand, and was edited to remove his mentioning of Amy, Cream, and Knuckles.
- As Cosmo becomes filled with emotions when everyone agrees to help her, she outright bawls. In the dub, her sobbing is barely audible.
Title in other languages
|Japanese||ロスト・プラネット||The Lost Planet|
|French||La planète perdue||The lost Planet|
|German||Das Auge der Spionin||The Eye of the Spy|
|Italian||Uno per tutti||One for all|
|Spanish||El planeta perdido||The lost planet|
|Polish||Zaginiona Planeta||Lost Planet|
|Russian||Потерянная планета||Lost planet|