"Eggman for President" is the forty-first episode of the anime series, Sonic X, as well as the third and final episode in the Egg Moon Saga. It first aired on 11 January 2004 and 22 January 2005 in Japan and the United States respectively.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Rouge the Bat
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Vanilla the Rabbit
- Christopher Thorndyke
- Chuck Thorndyke
- Speed Team
- Mister Tanaka
- Helen's mother
- Mister Stewart
- Christina Cooper
- Jerome Wise
- Doctor Eggman
- "Gotta Go Fast" - Opening theme (USA and CAN)
- "Sonic X" - Opening theme (AUS, NZ and UK)
- "Gotta Go Fast" (shortened) - Closing theme
As Sonic's Mirror Tower-destroying rampage continues, the President decides to send G.U.N. out to stop him with Rouge and Topaz. However, on the way, Rouge and Topaz come across the transmitter controlling the Egg Moon, but are unable to damage it. Meanwhile, Eggman reveals that his Sunshine Balls are transmitting a hidden brainwashing signal to convince the citizens to support him and turn against Sonic.
At the Thorndyke Mansion, Amy manages to break down a wall to allow everyone to get to the X Tornado, but find their path blocked by an angry mob led by Jerome Wise. Luckily, Sam Speed and the Speed Team arrive to force Jerome and the mob to disperse under threat of facing them if they so much as laid a hand on his nephew or Sonic's friends. The way clear, Tails and Chris take Amy and the others in the X Tornado to find Sonic, while several citizens convince Knuckles to confront Sonic. Knuckles and Sonic's fight is soon interrupted by the arrival of the X Tornado and G.U.N. with their Hot Shots. Sonic reveals that the Egg Moon can't possibly block the sunlight all the time, because the Earth is rotating, the moon is rotating around the Earth, and the two are both revolving around the sun. If the Egg Moon had really stopped moving, the rotation would allow for sunlight most of the time; therefore, Eggman is lying and controlling the Egg Moon.
When Topaz and Rouge hear this, they relay the info back to the President, who is left in disbelief that he's been tricked again. Eggman takes the President and Christina hostage, ensuring he's free to take over the White House and the country, but is thwarted when Sonic and co. show up to save them with support from Mister Stewart. The Egg Moon is taken out of Eggman's control by Knuckles, who traveled to the Egg Moon on a space shuttle with Mister Tanaka, Topaz, and Rouge, and Eggman is sent to jail with Decoe and Bocoe after falling for a trick Sonic and his friends set up to lure Eggman into finally being arrested and incarcerated. The people of Station Square then cheer for Sonic, who runs away to avoid being mobbed by his fans. Sonic’s friends witness this, and Chris happily says they knew Sonic was the hero all along.
- In the Japanese version, Chris narrates.
- The robot's gun noises are replaced with laser zaps in the dub.
- Decoe and Bocoe's names are erased from their self-made money.
- In the Japanese version, Topaz suggests Rouge's strange behavior is because of a lack of sleep. In the English dub, Topaz suggests the sound of the helicopter blades are causing it.
- The script where Sonic reveals information about the Egg Moon is changed in the dub.
- In the English dub, the scene where Tanaka said he always dreamed of being an astronaut is cut out.
- The questions and answers given to Eggman are different between the Japanese and English dub.
- A four second shot of Eggman reacting in pain to a piece of satellite falling on him was cut from the dub.
Title in other languages
|Japanese||光をわれらに！||We Can See the Light!|
|Chinese||回復光明！||Restore the Light!|
|French||Que la lumière soit…||Let there be light...|
|German||Eggman for President||Eggman for President|
|Italian||Eggman presidente! / Messaggio subliminale||Eggman president! / Subliminal message|
|Spanish||¡La luz es nuestra!||The light is ours!|
|Russian||Свет снова наш!!!||The light is ours again!!!|