Eggman Devices (エッグマンのそうち Egguman no souchi?, lit. "Eggman's Device") are quest an equippable item that appears in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. They are devices built by Dr. Eggman that have no apparent use.
After Tails built the Eggman Detector in his lab, the team set out to track down Eggman Devices in hopes of discovering Eggman's whereabouts. They found a total of five Eggman Devices scattered throughout Green Hill Zone, Central City and Mystic Ruins. The locations of the five Eggman Devices area as follows:
- When the party explored the area west of G.U.N. Headquarters next to one of Eggman's old hideouts, they find a broken Swat Bot, whose head is an Eggman Device.
- When the party explored the northwest area of Mystic Ruins not too far from the Tornado, they enter a room with a large Robodillo, whose head is an Eggman Device.
- When the party explores the southwest area of Mystic Ruins, they run into Shadow the Hedgehog, who runs away, leaving behind an Eggman Device.
- When the party explores the central part of Green Hill Zone, they find a cave containing two Giant Scorpions and a Little Boy with an Eggman Device he was playing with.
- When the party explores the southwest area of Central City, they find a shopkeeper who has been tricked by Salesman Sal. Sal bartered his "coffee maker" for the shopkeeper's Prized Stapler, but the "coffee machine" is actually an Eggman Device. The team heads to the eastern part of Green Hill Zone, where they find Sal and threaten him in order to take back the Prized Stapler. The team returns the stapler to the shopkeeper, who in exchange hands over his Eggman Device.
When the team collects all seven Eggman Devices, Tails uses them to create a Pattern Generator.
- According to Tails, the Eggman Devices can roboticize animals, making them handheld Roboticizers.
- Official In-Game description.
- BioWare (September 26, 2008). Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Nintendo DS. Sega. Area/Level: Mystic Ruins. "Tails: Look, Sonic. That box on the leader's head is an Eggman device. That must be what turned these animals into robots!"