It can suck in Rings, crates, small enemies, pull out certain walls, etc. It can suck in a base of twenty objects (excluding Rings). The more objects it sucks in, the larger the "Egg" at the base of the weapon becomes until it bursts.
The Egg Vacuum can be upgraded to level 2 to hold more items or enemies inside it. To upgrade the weapon, the player must complete the same final stage; however, on the final mission, the opposing mission should be completed (i.e. if the Hero mission was completed the previous time, the Dark mission must be completed this time, and vice-versa).
- This weapon is based on the game Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.
- The Egg Vacuum allows Shadow to stay suspended in mid-air without wasting any ammunition, providing there is nothing in the vicinity for it to suck up.
- Unlike the Vacuum Pod, once the Egg Vacuum is full and bursts, it gives Shadow extra lives. If he has the level 2 version of the weapon, he receives three extra lives (the Vacuum Pod can only give him one).
- The Vacuum Pod also spits out any enemies or objects, likes crates or bombs, while the Egg Vacuum just sucks the objects in.
- In Central City, using the Egg Vacuum on the bombs, Shadow has to destroy the Giga Troopers to destroy the in the cage if the player decides to not grab the weapons they drop, as there is no other way to destroy the building.