The Egg SWAT is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. They are the latest line of Badnik foot soldiers created by Dr. Eggman, combing the SWATbot and Egg Pawn models.
The Egg SWATs first appeared as soldiers and laborers aboard the Death Egg Mark 2. Subsequently they would be employed as ground troops in attacks on Furville, Feral Forest-where they were joined by Mecha Sally and the rebuilt Silver Sonic v3.0-and New Mobotropolis. Despite being large in stature and equipped with laser weapons, they were defeated in each of these campaigns by the members of Team Fighters, Team Freedom, and the Secret Freedom Fighters. Jetpack-equipped variants built for air combat were deployed against Team Fighters as they pursued the Death Egg in the Tornado, but were quickly defeated, as were later models who were deployed atop Turtloids.
- Note: From this point, the Egg SWATs' history continues from their new life in the altered timeline.
Like their predecessors, the Egg SWATs have limited personality A.I., making them obedient and silent workers.
Powers and abilities
The Egg SWATs utilize a large variety of weapons, such as laser pistols, spiked shields, and lances.
- Several Egg SWATs are seen building the Wily Egg during the Worlds Collide story arc, despite the company stating there would be no comic exclusive characters in the crossover.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #234, "Unthinkable"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #37, "Scrambled Part 1: The Man in Charge"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #236, "Cry Freedom!"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #239, "Heroes Part One: Team Building"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #240, "Heroes Part Two: For the People"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #241, "Unraveling"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #242, "Unfriendly Skies"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "The Badnik Horde"