The Egg-O-Matic is a vehicle that appears in the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series. It is a one-person, multi-purpose hovercraft used by Dr. Ivo Robotnik as his personal means of transportation and attack vehicle. The Egg-O-Matic can be fitted with a wide array of weapons and serves as an escape pod when Robotnik's schemes are inevitably foiled by Sonic the Hedgehog. It is Robotnik's most precious machine and any misuse of it would feel his wrath.
The Egg-O-Matic is a mostly spherical, single-person pod. While its upper portion has grey metal plating, its lower hemisphere is black with an thin grey fire exhaust on the bottom and a rocket exhaust on the rear, both for propulsion. It also has three aligned thin vents near the front, an arrow-shaped black and yellow hazard stripe, and two aligned stubby round wings on each side. The front has a single yellow headlight. The insides of the Egg-O-Matic holds a single seat with a steering wheel and a control panel. Additionally, it can be equipped with two mini Egg-O-Matics to its sides, providing seats for Scratch and Grounder. When Dr. Robotnik built Robotnik Jr., he made a smaller version of it to suit the robot's size.
Features and abilities
The Egg-O-Matic is able to hover in the air and can move at incredible speeds with great maneuverability, although it cannot compare to Sonic the Hedgehog's speed. The Egg-O-Matic also boasts a highly modular design, able to utilize a wide array of weapon and gadget attachments, like a grabber claw. In addiction, the two additional seats can be separated from the main vehicle and be controlled by their respective users, though the main driver can also deactivate them.
In the recent past, Dr. Robotnik watched his old bounty hunter Badniks try to destroy Sonic from his Egg-O-Matic. Frustrated that the robots were destroyed, the doctor used the vehicle to go to his fortress and create new robots, who would become part of the Super Special Sonic Search and Smash Squad. Some time later, Robotnik got tricked by Sonic and Tails, which led to him smashing his Egg-O-Matic into his new robots.
At some point, Dr. Robotnik tried to steal Spelunk's loot that was in the Marble Zone. He sent his robots to take all the loot and send them to the Egg-O-Matic via a conveyor belt. Meanwhile, the doctor would fall asleep. However, Spelunk would pour some gunpower onto the conveyor belt and lit it, sending the evil doctor, along with his minions, blasting off.
Some time after these events, when Scratch and Grounder managed to catch Sonic and zap him with the Subatomic Slow-go Beam Weapon, Robotnik headed to his minions' location using the Egg-O-Matic. However, when he arrived, Sonic was already freed thanks to Tails and Rocket the Sloth. They proceeded to zap Robotnik's Egg-O-Matic with a reversed Subatomic Slow-go Beam Weapon, thus putting it in fast motion. Incapable of controlling his own vehicle, Robotnik crashed into a mountain.
Robotnik would later use the Egg-O-Matic on a few occasions while trying to stop Sonic, Tails, Prince Charnock and Splorg, although all of these attempts failed. When Momma Robotnik later visited the doctor on her birthday, he would use the Egg-O-Matic to take her with him to the Mobius National Park while it was being destroyed by his robots. The Egg-O-Matic would also be used secretly by Coconuts to try to stop Sonic, although he failed and ended up destroying the vehicle, which enraged Dr. Robotnik.
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (16-bit)
- The Egg-O-Matic's design is based off the Egg Mobile from the original Sonic the Hedgehog. The attachment looks like a smaller version from the Star Light Zone boss.
- Borgeson, Jess (23 September 1993). "Big Daddy". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 10.
- Moran, Martha (6 September 1993). "Best Hedgehog". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 13.
- Shelly, Bruce; Shelly, Reed (30 November 1993). "Fast and Easy". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 61.
- Shelly, Bruce; Shelly, Reed (19 October 1993). "Super Special Sonic Search & Smash Squad". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 1.
- Askin, Robert (16 September 1993). "Subterranean Sonic". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1.
- Hanrahan, Jack; Burian-Mohr, Eleanor (28 September 1993). "Slowwww Going". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 4.
- Zip Purgason, Douglas (20 October 1993). "Close Encounter of the Sonic Kind". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1.
- Moss, Francis (27 September 1993). "Momma Robotnik's Birthday". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 9.
- Borgeson, Jess (23 September 1993). "Big Daddy". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1.