The Efrika Egg Army is a group that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is an Egg Army division stationed in Efrika, led by Axel the Water Buffalo, whose primary objective is to conquer the region for Dr. Eggman. Despite its loyalty to Eggman, the group simply tolerates him to avoid getting on his bad side.
Shattered World Crisis
After the Super Genesis Wave, Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot discovered the Efrika Egg Army following their landing in the Efrika Plains, as well as meeting the group's leader, Axel the Water Buffalo. Axel and his men escorted the trio to their base, where they performed a hasty repair job on the doctor's Egg Mobile in order to allow him to reach the Eurish Egg Army. Some time later, the Efrika Army received orders to increase security around their base, an ancient structure that Eggman suspected might be one of the Gaia Temples needed to resolve the Shattered World Crisis. Later, Axel and several of his Egg Soldiers watched the Chaos Emerald Championship as it was being broadcast across the world.
After a mission that Axel was tasked with alongside the other Egg Bosses, he received word that Sonic the Hedgehog was in the area. He seized this opportunity to wield the Egg Beetle that he borrowed from Dr. Eggman. With several other Egg Soldiers, Axel fought against the hedgehog at the Holy Tree, only for Sonic to later retreat. Axel decided to celebrate as they had driven off Sonic, a next-to-impossible feat.
The Efrika Egg Army inhabits an ancient temple-like structure, which was suspected to be one of the Gaia Temple. The Efrika Egg Army outfitted the exterior with defensive turrets, and their facilities also included a garage in which the Egg Soldiers could work on their vehicles while watching a monitor, such as Axel and several of his underlings did during the Chaos Emerald Championship. However, the Efrika Egg Army are no longer in possession of the base as the Gaia Temple within was called to Apotos by Chip.
- It is possible that the changes to Eggman's Efrika forces following the Super Genesis Wave's interrupted reversal are due to the Bear Pack having been created by former head writer Ken Penders, who is known to have copyrighted several of the characters he created while writing for the series.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #253, "Countdown to Chaos - Part One: The Builder"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #259, "After the Credits"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #269, "Champions Part Two: Climbing the Brackets"
- ↑ Sonic Universe#86, "Eggman's Dozen Finale: Synergizing"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog#280, "Keys to Victory"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog#285, "Panic in the Sky Part Two: Falling Into Place"