The earth is a planet that resembles the real-life planet. Most of this planet is covered in oceans, but there are also various islands and larger continents dotting the surface. The majority of the events on earth takes place on Seaside Island, an island which Team Sonic defends against Dr. Eggman, who strives for world domination, and other villains.
The natural landscapes on earth are diverse and consists mostly of lush and wild nature filled with tropical jungles, sandy beaches, barren canyons, snowcapped mountain peaks, and all kinds of other environments. The earth has very little urbanization and most of the residents live in and around a Village. In ancient times however, the earth was inhabited by a civilization known as the Ancients, which were in possession of highly advanced technology which they used to construct major cities and outposts. In the present day, the remnants and ruins from the Ancients are scattered all over the earth, especially on Seaside Island.
The majority of the planet's population is made up of anthropomorphic animals, which are referred to as "animal people", though humans like Dr. Eggman also makes up a small part of the population. The earth is also inhabited by both regular fauna and stranger creatures, such as widabits, sprites, and Muckfoot. While civilization here is predominantly rustic, which includes huts made mainly of stone or wood with tin roofs, modern commodities such as ice cream stands, airplanes, and televisions are also found here. The planet also has much more futuristic and highly advanced technology on it, such as Badniks and self-aware robots, though in much lesser quantity. A few places on the planet, like Dr. Eggman's lair and the Ancients' civilization, are examples of highly futuristic and technological areas.
On earth, the inhabitants celebrate New Year. This holiday sprung from the need to divide the year up according to the planet's calendar, meaning it does not have any religious or cultural origin. However, the inhabitants do not have holidays like Easter, Halloween, Christmas, or Groundhog Day. They also appear to be using a calendar identical to one in real-life.
Main political factions
Cities and territories
- Sanzaru Games (21 November 2014). Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal. Nintendo 3DS. Sega. Area/Level: Shadow Canyons. "Tails: Well, y'know... multitasking. I also balanced my checkbook, invented a car that can circle the earth on half a jar of kosher pickles..."
- Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
- Hit new TV Series Sonic Boom Premiered #1 in its time slot with boys 6-14!* Now on Cartoon Network. Retrieved on 20 November 2014.
- Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (2 May 2016). Retrieved on 2 may 2016. “Alexander Soerensen: That ruin Charlie worked at in Counter Productive. Was that a ruin from the Ancients? / Bill Freiberger: Yes it was.”
- Flynn, Ian (18 February 2017). "Og Man Out". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 67. Boomerang.
- Freiberger, Sam (22 July 2017). "Return of the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 89. Boomerang.
- Saisselin, Peter (29 April 2017). "Do Not Disturb". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 77. Boomerang.
- Burke, Kevin; Wyatt, Chris (8 April 2017). "Muckfoot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 74. Boomerang.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (6 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 1". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 78. Boomerang.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (27 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 4". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 81. Boomerang.
- Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 28 August 2017. “Bill Freiberger: This world has a calendar which divides time into years so New Year's Eve doesn't have the religious or cultural origins as the others.”
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.