- For other uses of the term, see E-123 Omega (disambiguation).
- 1 History
- 2 Other game appearances and cameos
- 2.1 Sonic Battle
- 2.2 Sonic Gems Collection
- 2.3 Sonic Rival series
- 2.4 Super Smash Bros. series
- 2.5 Sonic Unleashed
- 2.6 Mario & Sonic series
- 2.7 Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
- 2.8 Sonic and the Black Knight
- 2.9 Sonic Generations
- 2.10 Sonic Runners series
- 2.11 Sonic Forces: Speed Battle
- 2.12 Sonic Racing
- 3 References
Omega was created by Dr. Eggman as the 24th and last of the doctor's E-100 Series robots. He was designed by Eggman to prevent the release of Shadow the Hedgehog from his stasis, and, in this case, he failed to control Shadow when he was released. To accomplish this, Eggman sealed Omega in an abandoned base with Shadow. Being imprisoned infuriated Omega; he decided to prove his status as the most powerful E-Series robot by abandoning his original programming and taking revenge on his creator and all the other machines he built.
When Rouge the Bat went searching for Dr. Eggman's secret treasure in his base, she accidentally reactivated Omega when she released Shadow the Hedgehog from a stasis pod. Mistaking Shadow for an Eggman robot and following his new mission, Omega attempted to take out the hedgehog. However, Rouge broke up the fighting long enough to hear both their stories. He soon teamed up with Rouge and Shadow to make up Team Dark.
The three of them then started their search for Eggman at Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace before coming face-to-face with the Doctor himself (who was really Metal Sonic in disguise) in his Egg Hawk. After defeating it, they continued on to Grand Metropolis and afterward Power Plant, where they met with Team Chaotix. Rouge believed them to be rivals seeking Eggman's treasure, and a brief battle ensued. They then headed to Casino Park and Omega detected enemies two hundred meters ahead of them while Rouge was wondering about the Chaotix. They then went to Bingo Highway and finally met up with "Eggman" again, who set an army of robots against them, but were defeated by Team Dark's combined efforts. Following "Eggman's" energy signature, Omega led them to his ground base passed Rail Canyon and through Bullet Station before confronting "Eggman" again in his Egg Albatross and Egg Hawk combined. They defeated both and discovered that the Eggman they fought appeared to be a dummy that issued a recorded laughing, which angered Omega. The automaton then watched Shadow when he discovered a robot in his likeness before the ultimate life form ordered them to move and they proceeded to Frog Forest. After trekking through Lost Jungle, they came across Team Sonic, who were also looking for Eggman, and a fight ensued. Once this was over, Omega led them to Hang Castle on the search for Eggman and through Mystic Mansion. After they escaped the castle, "Eggman" appeared again, but Omega was unable to tell if it was really him or not due to his sensors being jammed. After defeating an even larger army of robots, Team Dark made its way on to the Egg Fleet and finally arrived on Final Fortress. After getting passed the ship's forces, they battled "Eggman" in his Egg Emperor and won, causing multiple explosions to course through the machine. After deeming "Eggman" eradicated, Omega then set about destroying a room full of Shadow Androids. Rouge had just entered looking for the Doctor's treasure. The bat then told Omega that Shadow, the one they knew, was a robot ("android" in the Japanese version), and before saying anything else, turned to leave. Then Omega said, with a slight sign of compassion, that in order for there to be clones the original must still exist.
He then accompanied Team Dark to a large tower on the ship in the shape of Eggman, and watched as it was destroyed and the parts used to turn Neo Metal Sonic into the Metal Overlord, though still largely incomplete. He then gathered around with the other three teams as the real Eggman explained that Metal Sonic copied all their data and combined it with the power of Chaos, saying it would help if they had the seven Chaos Emeralds. Fortunately, all four teams had collected the emeralds during their adventures, and Rouge and Omega revealed they had the grey and green Chaos Emeralds respectively. But Eggman still thought it a long shot, so Shadow told Team Sonic that he and everyone else would distract Metal Sonic long enough for them to induce a super transformation using the emeralds' power. After Team Rose and Team Chaotix attacked Metal Sonic from the right and left sides of him, Team Dark struck him from the front by assaulting his weak point that changed to repel the attacks of the three members at the right time. But, fortunately, through team work, they managed to weaken him before he grew wings and took off into the sky. Team Sonic then went into their super states and challenged the Metal Overlord and won. Neo Metal Sonic was then reverted back to his original form, and Omega picked up his deactivated body when everyone was gone and watched Team Sonic, Rouge and Amy Rose run off into the distance with Shadow.
Shadow the Hedgehog
In Shadow the Hedgehog, optionally, Shadow can assist Omega in the "Hero" missions of the "Iron Jungle" and "Lava Shelter" stages by teaming up to find Eggman. Omega will also assist Shadow in the "Egg Breaker" and "Egg Dealer" boss battles following those stages. Omega can also be heard speaking to Shadow during Expert Mode on the "Mad Matrix" and "Lava Shelter" levels, challenging Shadow to access all four of the world's terminals in the former and serving as a comic relief by interrupting Rouge in the latter. He makes one more off screen appearance in Expert Mode during The Last Way where he can be heard wishing Shadow luck along with the rest of the game's supporting cast.
In the missions that Omega appears in, the player must either destroy the Egg Balloon ("Iron Jungle") or head to the center of Eggman's base ("Lava Shelter") to complete the "Hero" mission. Strangely, whether the player completes the "Hero" or "Dark" mission for "Lava Shelter", Omega will still appear to help Shadow fight the Egg Dealer, despite the "Dark" mission being aiding Eggman. It is possible to play as Omega and most allies in the game by inserting a second controller when he is your ally, allowing the second player to control Omega within a limited distance before respawning next to Shadow. Whilst in control of Omega, Player 2 can move, jump and swipe at enemies.
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Omega has a prominent role in Shadow's story. His face is used for the "Dark Hero" achievement worth 50 Gamerscore, which is earned by "meet[ing] all the requests with magnificent skill," or in other words, complete all Town Missions with an S Rank.
Upon being sent to the future by Mephiles the Dark and after finding a Chaos Emerald, Shadow and Rouge found Omega in standby mode, abandoned among the ruins of Crisis City. Unable to reactivate him, his teammates resigned themselves that there was nothing they could do to help him and left him behind in the rubble. Later in the story, Rouge went back to the present alone, where GUN helped her find Omega in the ruins of Tropical Jungle, (judging by the throngs of Eggman's robots, it can be reasonably speculated that Omega was in the area to destroy them). Rouge asked Omega to help Shadow out in the future, entrusting him with the green Chaos Emerald they'd found. Omega complied, and went into standby mode until the point in the future when Shadow was in trouble. Between then, Shadow was blamed for releasing Iblis by humanity, and, according to Mephiles, they reprogrammed Omega to hunt him down and seal Shadow within a technologically advanced cage. Omega carried out these orders and was then left within Crisis City's ruins until he was meant to help the past Shadow. When the moment finally arrived after waiting two centuries, Omega reactivated and helped Shadow in a fight against Mephiles just when he was in danger, after which Shadow and Omega went back to the present while chasing Mephiles through a time-warping sphere of energy. They met up with Rouge at Soleanna's docks and Shadow headed off to get answers about Mephiles from Dr. Eggman. Omega then went in pursuit of Mephiles himself while Rouge moved to Soleanna's Castle Town and was present when Shadow returned from the past.
Omega located Mephiles at position K31 in Wave Ocean and after getting passed obstacles and defeating numerous enemies, located Mephiles and proceeded to attack him. Mephiles teased Omega by saying that he was clearly made to capture Shadow judging by how easily he could defeat him, and showed knowledge of Omega's capture of Shadow. Before Mephiles revealed everything, Omega proceeded to unload his machine guns on Mephiles, and he disappeared in a black mist. Omega then revealed somewhat sadly to Shadow and Rouge that during his two hundred-year isolation he had been reprogrammed to capture Shadow due to humanity's fear of him and was the one who sealed him in his future prison.
The trio later chased Mephiles to a temple in Dusty Desert and Shadow and Omega navigated through it, trying to reach Mephiles before he could find the Chaos Emerald inside and merge back with Iblis to become Solaris, but they arrived too late. They had taken with them a new Scepter of Darkness and used it after defeating Mephiles, but failed to seal him in it because of his new form made through Shadow's shadow. After blasting all three members of Team Dark off their feet, Mephiles then used his powers, along with two Chaos Emeralds, to summon a clone army of himself. Before finishing them off, Mephiles reminded Shadow of humanity's betrayal against him in the future. Without hesitation, Shadow told him that if the world chose to become his enemy, that he would fight as he always had. Shadow then removed his power inhibitor rings and covered himself and his team in a huge amount of energy and defeated Mephiles and his clone army.
Afterward, Team Dark took view of their handiwork and Shadow attempted to take Mephiles' Chaos Emeralds, only for them to start glowing and transport them all off to a space-time rift created by the newly rectified Solaris along with Silver, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Princess Elise and Sonic's dead body. Everyone briefly grieved over Sonic's death. Knuckles said that they had to stop Solaris at once, but Eggman informed everyone that Solaris couldn't be defeated in this specific time, since it existed in the past, present and future. Silver suggested that they destroy Solaris all at once, but Shadow countered his argument, saying it was not possible without Sonic's help. Elise then felt Sonic's presence in the wind and Silver realized that they could use the Chaos Emeralds to resurrect him. Omega and the others then spread out over the distant corners of the rift to find the Chaos Emeralds and he traveled to Flame Core, where he found the green emerald near a lake of lava. Once all the Chaos Emeralds were collected, Sonic was revived with Elise's kiss and the power of the emeralds, transforming him into Super Sonic. He then gave this power to Shadow and Silver to transform into their Super States, and together the three hedgehogs defeated Solaris as Omega and the others watched them battle.
Omega is playable in the first boss battle against Mephiles, Wave Ocean, Dusty Desert and the End of the World stages. He is also playable in the various downloadable Very Hard Missions of Shadow's levels, including Kingdom Valley, Crisis City, Flame Core, Radical Train, Aquatic Base, and Dusty Desert. He is final playable character in the "Team Attack Amigo" DLC in the levels Dusty Desert, White Acropolis and finally fights against the Egg Genesis, the DLC's only boss.
In the Nintendo DS version of Sonic Colors, Omega appears in the Asteroid Coaster area of Dr. Eggman's Amazing Interstellar Amusement Park as the area's first mission, confronting Cubot and Orbot. He repeatedly opens fire on them with his laser cannons, the two henchmen thinking him one of Eggman's robots going through a "rebellious teen phase." When Omega discovers they are Eggman's henchmen and they realize he is going to destroy them, they plead with Sonic to save them, since he saves everyone else. Sonic tells Omega to stand down, but he only agrees on the condition he gives him physical specification data by completing a mission to collect five Wisps carrying numbered flags in the correct order within a minute and thirty seconds. Sonic met his conditions and Omega revealed he would use the data for a function upgrade in the future. Sonic then asked Omega if he saw where Cubot and Orbot went, and a visually sad Omega admitted he had lost them. Tails then jokingly said he should be mining data from the two henchmen due to their track record for lightning-fast escapes. Omega makes a later appearance in Asteroid Coaster alongside Shadow, wanting Sonic and Tails to chase after a secret amusement park ride of Eggman's to locate what it led to on another mission. They arrive at a lab and Tails hacks into the computer system, locating the results of an experiment called Project "Mother". Shadow was disappointed they didn't find more to help, but Sonic just focused on the fact that it was useful all the same before speeding off. Omega then asked why Shadow gave Sonic information, and the ultimate life form replied he was just happy to let Sonic do all the racing around. Omega found this hard to understand since Shadow and Sonic's abilities were equal according to his data and Shadow just replied that data would not tell him everything, leaving the automaton stumped.
In Sonic Forces, Omega was tasked by Rouge to infiltrate one of Eggman's bases as part of Team Dark's reconnaissance mission some time before Eggman launches an attack that ignites the War to Take Back the Planet. Believing he could handle the mission alone however, Omega proceeded to conduct wanton slaughter of various Egg Pawns while invading the base, despite Rouge telling him not engage the enemy, and at least wait for Shadow to arrive. This resulted in Eggman sending out Infinite to deal with him. Upon encountering Infinite, Omega told him that anyone in the way of his objective of defeating Eggman would get killed. Infinite, undaunted, proceeded to defeat him in a flash, causing Omega to lose all contact with his teammates.
Six months later, Omega was found by Tails, who tried his best to repair him in the City. However, the fox cub could not get very far, especially after he was interrupted by a Chaos replica and Classic Sonic coming to his aid.
Much later, Omega, now fully repaired and operational, arrived slightly later then the rest of the Resistance after they launched their final assault on Eggman's Eggman Empire Fortress. During the attack, Omega appeared and attacked Infinite just as he was about to exterminate the Resistance's core members, swearing revenge for his previous defeat by Infinite. It was then, however, that Infinite, fed up with the Resistance, launched the plan meant to ensure the Eggman Empire's ultimate victory: using his Phantom Ruby prototype, Infinite got ready to drop a sun on the Resistance and kill them all. Fortunately, the Avatar was able to neutralize Infinite's sun in the last second using a Phantom Ruby prototype. Omega and the rest then focused on battling the Phantom Ruby replicas defending the Eggman Empire Fortress while Sonic and the Avatar destroyed Infinite and the Phantom Rubies' reactor. Eggman, however, had foreseen this and his used his original Phantom Ruby in conjunction with his Death Egg Robot to create thousands of replicas to overwhelm Omega and the rest with. Fortunately, Sonic, the Avatar and Classic Sonic beat Eggman and destroyed his robot, which made the replica army vanish and left the Resistance as the victors.
After watching Classic Sonic return to his world now that the Phantom Ruby was gone, Omega set out with Sonic to rid the world of all traces of Eggman's reign. At a last meeting in the Resistance HQ, Knuckles disbanded the Resistance as the Avatar announced their departure. Rouge complimented the Avatar on his bravery, saying, "It's not like you just waited till the last minute to come in and act all cool saving the day," while eyeing Omega, who playfully feigned hitting her in response. The group then agreed with Tails that even though they were going back to their old lives, they would be friends forever and keep working together to restore the world.
Team Sonic Racing
In Team Sonic Racing, Omega and his team joined Dodon Pa's Grand Prix alongside Dr. Eggman and his team. However, Team Dark's true intentions for joining the Grand Prix was to investigate Dr. Eggman. In that Grand Prix awaited opponents like Team Sonic, Team Rose and Team Vector. For the races, Omega received the Cross Dozer to race in.
During a race between Team Sonic and Team Dark, Omega engaged Knuckles in racecar-to-racecar action. During the exchange, Omega collided with Rouge. Fortunately, this activated the Skim Boost, thus allowing Omega to give Rouge a speed boost. Eventually however, Dr. Eggman intruded on the teams' race in order to compete against them on his own as a "special guest" (which Dodon Pa permitted despite knowing it was a lie). After Eggman began gaining the lead, Omega, his team and Team Sonic all agreed to put their feud aside and work together to keep Eggman from winning the race. Following Team Sonic's example, Omega helped Shadow execute the Slingshot, thus allowing the black hedgehog to pass Eggman alongside Sonic. Omega and Rouge then joined forces with Tails, Knuckles, Team Vector and Team Rose. Together, they surrounded Eggman on the racetrack before delivering a massive beatdown on the doctor with their combined Wisp power-ups. However, Dodon Pa was too busy watching Eggman's beating to see who crossed the finish line first.
In-between the races, Omega learned that Dodon Pa was seemingly in cahoots with Dr. Eggman, prompting Omega to suggest eliminating them both. A couple of races later, Dr. Eggman sent hundreds of Eggpawns after the racers. Joining his team, Omega helped destroy the Eggpawns. Afterward, Omega looked forward to eliminating more Eggpanws, as Tails noted that they had probably not seen the last of them. Later, it was revealed that Dodon Pa was actually a good guy and that he was using the Grand Prix to gather information for his corporation's Ultimate Energy Engine, which Dodon Pa wanted to use for philanthropic purposes.
Soon after, the heroes learned from Big that Eggman had kidnapped Dodon Pa and brought him to the Final Fortress. Wanting to rescue Dodon Pa, Omega and co. went to the Final Fortress. There, Eggman had them compete in a number of races with Team Eggman and his army of Eggpawns in exchange for Dodon Pa, not knowing Eggman was using them to gather the Ultimate Team Energy needed to finish the Ultimate Energy Engine. Once the engine was complete, Eggman stole it from Dodon Pa and incorporated it into his Death Egg. Omega and his crew subsequently faced the Death Egg, and beat it in a race. However, the Death Egg soon after went crazy and drove into the Final Fortress's core. As the Final Fortress crashed, Omega and his companions were forced to abandon their cars and evacuate the airship while Team Sonic saved Dodon Pa. Down on the ground, Omega was reunited with Team Sonic when they arrived with Dodon Pa. Just as the Grand Prix seemed over since the cars had been destroyed when the Final Fortress crashed, Dodon Pa decided to give everyone new cars, thus allowing Omega and his comrades to race once more.
Other game appearances and cameos
Sonic Gems Collection
Sonic Rival series
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Im Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Omega as a collectable Sticker:
|Image||Name||Page||ID||Area of Effect||Effect||User|
|E-123 Omega (Sonic Heroes)||276||693||Flame||Resistance +17||Everyone|
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Omega is featured as a collectible Trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS:
|Omega||E-123 Omega||Series Related||E-123 Omega is, as his name implies, the 23rd robot in Dr. Eggman's E-100 series. Designed to be Eggman's secret weapon and contain Shadow the Hedgehog, Omega instead turns rebel and teams up with Shadow to undermine the villain and create chaos.||E-123 Omega (or E-123 Ω, if you want to be fancy) is the latest and final incarnation of Dr. Eggman's E-100 series of robots. Omega was created to keep Shadow the Hedgehog imprisoned, but rebelled against his creator for not putting him to good use, and now seeks revenge alongside Shadow.||Random|
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Omega appears as a Primary Spirit with the following characteristics:
|Image||Stat statistics||Spirit Battle|
|Base||Max||Enemy Fighter(s)||Enemy Power||Stage||Battle conditions|
|Giant(120 HP)||2,200||Green Hill Zone (Battlefield form)||Rule(s): N/A
|Omega||Shield||★ (Novice)||"Sonic Heroes"||
In the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 version of Sonic Unleashed, during Skyscraper Scamper, the player can see street signs with the names Shadow Ave, Rouge St, E-123 Omega Rd, Silver Beach, West Park, Chao Garden and Blaze Rd.
Mario & Sonic series
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
In the Wii version of the game, Omega is the second rival encountered in the Festival Mode's Single Mode, and the fourth rival encountered in Team Mode. Here, he will appear out of nowhere to challenge the playable character(s) to the Speed Skating 500m event at the end of Day 5 in Single Mode and the Short Track Relay event at the end of Day 9 in Team Mode. Also, a Mii costume based on Omega can be unlocked in the game after beating Omega in the Speed Skating 500m event or the Short Track Relay event in Festival Mode and then buying the costume in the boutique for 300 Star Tokens.
In Adventure Tours mode in the Nintendo DS version of the game, Omega appears as an opponent in a specific event. In this mode, Omega goes on his old mission of defeating Eggman and confronts him in Blitzland, but Eggman says he will only fight Omega if he proves himself worthy by defeating Sonic and Mario. As such, Omega stationed himself in Blitzland near some storage tanks and waited. Eventually, Sonic and Mario appear and Omega challenges them to an Intense Short Track event. After he loses, he confesses why he fought them and teleports back to the skating course via a black vortex to practice for his next confrontation with Eggman. After that, the player can face Omega again by either selecting to fight him on the Mission List or by visiting his post by interacting with the board there.
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
In the Wii version of the game, Omega appears as one of the rivals in London Party Mode. Here, the player can speak to Omega while exploring London in Free Time to activate a Bonus Event, which will make him engage the player in a Rival Showdown featuring a 100m Sprint event when meeting him for the first time. Defeating him will reward the player with a Big Sticker of Omega. Omega may later return (repeatedly) during the same London Party Mode session, where the player can challenge him to a rematch in a 4x100m Relay event, which he runs by himself rather than with a team. Also, a Mii costume based on Omega can be unlocked in the game by either winning it through a Scratch Card or paying ten blank cards.
In the Nintendo 3Ds version of the game, Omega appears as both a non-playable character and rival in the game's story mode. During the events of this mode, Omega first appeared while he was rampaging through ExCeL London. There, he challenged Donkey Kong after making him drop his banana. Although Donkey Kong initially declined, he challenged him to a Wrestling - Freestyle event after seeing that Omega had ruined his banana. After Omega was defeated though, a computer chip fell out of him. Recovering, Omega claimed to have no memory of what had happened. Tails and Espio, who were nearby, then helped Omega realize that Dr. Eggman had put that chip in him to make him go on a rampage. As it was then explained that Eggman and Bowser were spreading the Phantasmal Fog across London, Donkey Kong told Omega that he would forgive him for what he did if he went with Tails and Espio to stop Eggman. Agreeing to the deal, Omega went with the duo to the Main Stadium, where he told the reunited heroes about his recent escapade. Soon after though, a more powerful version of the Phantasmal Fog began covering London. Finding Sonic, Mario, Tails and Luigi, Omega requested that they investigated Stonehenge, as he had recently remembered being there on behalf of Eggman and Bowser.
Leading Sonic, Mario, Tails, Luigi and Toad to Stonehenge, they found a Magikoopa, whom Omega recalled helping. After Sonic beat the Magikoopa in a event though, the latter threw Omega away with her magic before escaping, causing Omega to bump into Big. However, the impact with Big restored Omega's memory. Omega could thus explain that after Eggman took control of him, he had him bring the fog urn containing the Phantasmal Fog from Stonehenge to the doctor's base in Big Ben after the urn had been unsealed. After then finding the fog urn's lid, the group headed to Big Ben. Along the way though, Omega and Toad could no longer endure the effects of the Phantasmal Fog, and so had to head back to the Main Stadium. After later clearing out the fog in the Main Stadium, Omega and the others called Sonic, Mario, Tails and Luigi to support them when they challenged Bowser and Dr. Eggman. After everything was back to normal, Omega showed up at the opening ceremony for the Olympic Games.
In the Nintendo 3DS version of the game, a badge of Omega can also be obtained from the badge machine.
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
In Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, Omega appears as rival boss character, and can be encountered during Legends Showdown. Here, the player faces him in Area 5, where he must be defeated in a Roller Coaster Bobsleigh event. Also, a Mii costume based on Omega can be unlocked in the game by getting a perfect balance rate at least 60% in a single Snowboard Slopestyle match.
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
In Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Omega makes a cameo in the Wii U version of the game. He also appears as a playable character in the Nintendo 3DS version of the game (which marks his first playable appearance in the Mario & Sonic series), and as an opponent in the arcade version of the game. Curiously, Omega's voice clips were recycled from Sonic Heroes in both the Nintendo 3DS and arcade version.
In the Wii U version of the game, Omega does not appear in person. However, a Mii costume set based on Omega can be unlocked in the game. However, it must be collected in two separate parts, each with their own stat changes.
In the Nintendo 3DS version of the game, Omega is available from the beginning and has the following characteristics:
|Artwork||Stats||Playable events||Challenged in Road to Rio?|
In the arcade version of the game, Omega is a guest character that is not playable to the player. Instead, he can be challenged in bonus events.
In the arcade version of the game, Omega has the following characteristics:
|Artwork||Skill Type||Stats||Bonus Event|
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
In the story, Omega went to Eggman's ruined city of Metropolis to destroy any robots he could find, but he located the Marauders instead. The Marauders had reprogrammed Eggman's old robots to serve them and, upon discovering Omega, sent them to take him apart after he had to make a retreat into a room in Northwest Metropolis. The robots were successful, but Shadow was worried about Omega and went in search of him using an old Eggman device that picked up the automaton's signal. After losing it, Shadow then teamed up with Sonic and company to help find Omega. He was found in Chapter 5 by Tails, Eggman and the rest of their team. Omega was repaired by the young fox at Shadow's request, much to the disapproval of the Doctor. When Omega saw Eggman his first inclination was to attack him, but Tails told Omega that they'd joined forces with Eggman. At first Omega thought Tails had gone mad and suggested destroying him, but Shadow and Rouge confirmed this for the robot. Trusting his friends more than Tails, Omega teamed up with Sonic after recharging himself in the stronghold in the Underground.
Omega is an optional character and his stripe was returned to his pre-2006 color, but now both of his shoulders have a "Ω" symbol. His main combat move was firing missiles at his enemies which could effect nearby opponents along with the main target when they struck. In combat, Omega had the highest damage power, and the highest armor, but was also one of the slowest and therefore only got one attack per round. He (optionally) provides most of the end credits for Sonic Chronicles, along with Tails and Sonic. Omega also has his own wallpaper which shows Metropolis in the background.
Sonic and the Black Knight
In Sonic and the Black Knight, Omega is featured on three pieces of winning artwork made by fans.
Omega appears in the Sonic Generations manga at Sonic's birthday party helping with the food, but is absent from the party in the game and the entire storyline. However, he makes several cameo appearances; one on various signs saying E-123 Omega RD in the level Speed Highway as a reference to Sonic Unleashed's Empire City level, another in two screenshots shown during the end credits showing him in Sonic Heroes and Sonic the Hedgehog, miscredited as "OMGA" on a poster for the latest Chao in Space movie, Chao in Space: The Search for Tikal and finally as a statue in the hidden statue room.
Sonic Runners series
||As the last of the E-series robots, Omega spent a long time sealed away in a base. He resents this, and wants to get his revenge on his maker once and for all.||
Later, Omega was rereleased as "Halloween Omega", a Power/Mech Type variant character of Omega dressed in a Halloween costume, as a part of the Halloween Event. This character has the following characteristics:
||Omega's gotten all dressed up to take part in the Animals' Halloween event!||Available on Premium Roulette (Halloween Event)|
During the "Halloween" event, Omega and Rouge, alongside a Boo, investigated some Animals which had been turned into slaves by Dr. Eggman with odd candy. Discovering the candy wore off in strong light after investigating Eggman's factor, Omega and Rouge joined Team Sonic to stop Eggman. Using his built-in searchlight, Omega freed the Animals, except from the brainwashed King Boom Boo, who smashed Omega's searchlight. Fortunately, their Boo appeared with a replacement light and Omega freed King Boom Boo as well, thus ruining Eggman's operations.
Sonic Runners Adventure
In Sonic Runners Adventure, Omega is a playable character that can be unlocked by spending 2000 Rings upon reaching Chapter 3 (Lava Mountain). He retains his dash attack and the Power/Dark-type from the predecessor, with the "Dark" bonus here changing enemies into Golden enemies (which count as two normal enemies point-wise) for a limited time.
Sonic Forces: Speed Battle
In Sonic Forces: Speed Battle, Omega is a playable character with the following stats in gameplay:
- ●SonicJPNews● on Twitter (12 November 2019). Archived from the original on 12 November 2019. Retrieved on 12 November 2019.
- Jon St. John at the Internet Movie Database.
- Jeff Kramer at the Internet Movie Database.
- Madeleine Blaustein at the Internet Movie Database.
- Taiten Kusunoki at the Anime News Network.
- Stated by himself when achieving an A-Rank in Sonic Heroes.
- Sonic Channel (Japanese). Characters: Omega. Sega. Archived from the original on 26 May 2019. Retrieved on 3 July 2015.
- Sonic Heroes (GameCube) United States instruction booklet, pg. 9.
- Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) [After Shadow activates a "Hint Ring" in the Expert Mode of Lava Shelter.] Rouge the Bat: "So, Shadow, how are you holding up? You're doing great! Only four stages left!" [Rouge is cut off by Omega.] E-123 Omega: "This is Eggman's secret base. I will defeat him, and prove that I am the strongest!" [Omega is cut off by Rouge.] Rouge: "Omega, cut it out! Don't you have anything better to do?!" E-123 Omega: "Ohh..."
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) [Shadow the Hedgehog and Rouge the Bat walk through Crisis City and then notice Omega.] Rouge the Bat: "Omega! What's he doing here?" [Shadow opens Omega's panel on his back and begins typing.] Shadow the Hedgehog: "It seems he's in stand by mode."
- Sonic Team, Blindlight (24 November 2006). Sonic the Hedgehog. Xbox 360/PlayStation 3. Sega. Area/Level: Tropical Jungle (Shadow's Episode). "E-123 Omega: Situation understood. What would you like me to do? / Rouge the Bat: Take this, and deliver it to Shadow. / E-123 Omega: System reactivation countdown initiated. Backup power source and spare magazines secured. Command program priority changed. New mission: Shadow Support. External access no longer permitted. Confirmed."
- Downloads available for Sonic the Hedgehog. (Japanese).
- Sonic Colors (2010) Miles "Tails" Prower: Eggman's robots just keep getting stronger, huh? Sonic the Hedgehog: Yeah. Still nothing I can't handle, though. [Sudden flashing and rumbling.] Tails: Whoa, what was that?! Sonic: It came from over there! Cubot: Whoaaa, check it out! That thing [E-123 Omega] is sweet! Orbot: Looks like one of the boss's creations. E-123 Omega: Terminating Eggman's robots! [Fires laser.] Cubot: Whoa! A laser beam! I wish I had a laser beam! Orbot: He's awfully aggressive for one of the boss's robots, isn't he? Cubot: Must be going through a rebellious teen phase. Orbot: That would explain it! You're pretty smart sometimes, you know that? Omega: Conversational analysis result: targets confirmed Eggman henchmen. Destroy. Sonic: Hey, guys. What's this, infighting? Cubot: Sonic! Heeelp! Sonic: What, and miss the chance to watch some robot-on-robot brawling action? Orbot: Meanie! Monster! Heartless beast! Cubot: Aww, come on! You save everybody else! Sonic: Ugh, fine. C'mon, Omega. These guys aren't worth the effort. Omega: Understood. Condition: you will supply physical specification data. Sonic: You want data? From me? Omega: Correct. You will complete the mission I specify. Sonic: What, is that all? Okay, what's the mission?
- Gameplay from Sonic Colors.
- Sonic Colors (2010) E-123 Omega: Condition met. Attack data stored for use in later function upgrade. Sonic the Hedgehog: Did you see where those two robots ran off to? [Omega slumps his shoulders and looks down.] Omega: Trace not possible. Targets lost. Miles "Tails" Prower: You should be mining data from those junk heaps' lightning-fast escapes.
- Sonic Colors (2010) Shadow the Hedgehog: I've been waiting for you, Sonic. Miles "Tails" Prower: Shadow and Omega? What are you two doing here? E-123 Omega: Location found: Eggman's secret ride. Sonic: A secret ride? Shadow: The Doctor seems to be hiding something there. Tails: Hiding what? Sonic: Well, I guess we'll know that once we go see it. [After mission is completed.] Tails: You did it, Sonic! Sonic: So, what's he got hiding in here? Tails: Just give me one second and I'll crack this system wide open. Project "Mother" a success... Massive energy source secured. "Mother" beyond control. Subject escaped. Current whereabouts unknown. Looks like the results from some experiment. Shadow: Hmph. Disappointing haul for a promising lead. Sonic: Well, every little bit helps. Thanks, you two. Omega: Remaining time: scarce. Hurry! Sonic: I will. C'mon, Tails! Tails: Hey, wait up! Soniiic! Shadow: Finally, a little peace and quiet. Omega: Inquiry: why did you give Sonic information? Shadow: I'm happy to leave the racing around all day to them, thanks. Omega: Unable to process. According to data, your ability equals Sonic's. Shadow: That just goes to show that data won't tell you everything. Omega: Does not compute...
- Sonic Forces: Looming Shadow, "Looming Shadow"
- Sonic Team (November 7, 2017). Sonic Forces (Episode Shadow). Nintendo Switch. Sega."
- 【特別企画】『チームソニックレーシング』レーサー直撃インタビュー！ その3「チーム ダーク」 (Japanese). Characters. Sega. Archived from the original on 5 June 2019. Retrieved on 7 May 2019.
- Team Sonic Racing One-shot, "Team Sonic Racing"
- Screenshot from Sonic Battle
- Screenshot from Sonic Rivals.
- Screenshot from Sonic Rivals.
- Screenshot from Sonic Unleashed.
- Preview: Sonic Chronicles The Dark Brotherhood - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (2008) Shadow the Hedgehog: "What do you want, Sonic?" Sonic the Hedgehog: "Tell me about what happened to E-123 Omega." Shadow: "I don't know. We've lost touch. But knowing him, he likely detected Eggman robots in Metropolis and went there to destroy them. He's always wanted to be the toughest robot of all, and he'll take any chance to prove his strength." Sonic: "Do you think he's in trouble?" Shadow: "Omega's strong, but he's not invincible. And he's hardheaded enough to charge into danger without thinking. If something happened to him, I will be very upset." Sonic: "Where do you think he is?" Shadow: "The device I had when you found me was some kind of tracker, and it said he was in Metropolis. It couldn't tell me where, exactly. So either the device was useless, or Omega's not giving off a signal anymore. That worries me." Sonic: "We'll find him." Shadow: "If those Marauders have done something to him, they have no idea what's coming to them. I'll stick with you until we find Omega, Sonic. But don't expect me to join in on your group hugs and picnics. I'll be ready when it's time to go."
- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (2008) [After they enter the room with Omega inside.] Shadow the Hedgehog: "Wait! That's Omega! I knew it! Those Marauder goons. We have to--" [Robots enter.] Miles "Tails" Prower: "Later! Someone's coming!" Shadow: "Good. I need to smash something." [...] Shadow: "Omega!" Doctor Eggman: "Oh, don't waste your time on this one. He's been a thorn in my side for years!" Shadow: "Quiet, Eggman, or I promise you I'll--" Tails: "He's still functioning! Just heavily damaged. But I think I can... Yes! With the parts from those guardian robots, I can repair him!" Shadow: "Do it." [...] Shadow: "Omega! Can you hear me?" E-123 Omega: "SYSTEMS COMING ONLINE -- E-123 OMEGA BEGINNING REACTIVATION PROTOCOL." Rouge the Bat: "If I had a nickel for every time I heard that..." E-123 Omega: "EGGMAN DETECTED. BEGINNING ANNIHILATION SEQUENCE." Tails: "No! Omega, Eggman is on our side!" E-123 Omega: "ORANGE FOREST CREATURE HAS GONE MAD. RECOMMEND IMMEDIATE DESTRUCTION." Shadow: "No, Omega. He's right. Eggman is helping Team Sonic against the Marauders." Rouge: "As hard as it is to believe." E-123 Omega: "THERE IS NO REASON TO DOUBT SHADOW OR ROUGE. THERE IS NO REASON TO TRUST THE REST OF THESE MEATBAGS." Tails: "What happened to you, Omega?" E-123 Omega: "I CAME HERE TO DESTROY ALL OTHER EGGMAN ROBOTS. BUT I WAS SURROUNDED BY STRANGE CREATURES AND FORCED TO FLEE. THE COWARDS FOLLOWED ME. THEY MADE THEIR ROBOTS DISMANTLE ME WHILE I WAS HELPLESS. DISASSEMBLED BY INFERIOR MACHINES. IT WAS EMBARRASSING." Shadow: "Come with us, Omega. We're going to destroy the Marauders for what they did to you." E-123 Omega: "YES. THEY WILL BE DESTROYED FOR WHAT THEY DID TO ME." Rouge: "Ugh. Again with the emotionless revenge. It just gets tired." Tails: "Let's go, team!" Eggman: "Yes. We have much work to do!" E-123 Omega: "I MUST TAKE TIME TO RECHARGE BEFORE COMMENCING REVENGE." Shadow: "The stronghold in the Underground, Omega. You can recharge there." Eggman: "I never agreed to allow that faulty machine to--" Shadow: "Silence, Eggman. Now." E-123 Omega: "I WILL GO TO THE UNDERGROUND TO RECHARGE. YOU WILL FIND ME THERE IF YOU NEED ME." Shadow: "We'll get the Marauders for what they did to you, my friend. Let's get to it. The Marauders must pay."
- E-123 Omega, Codex, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
- Omega's official Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood wallpaper
- Sonic Generations Playthrough: Speed Highway Modern Super Sonic - 2:12
- Gameplay of Sonic Generations - Complete Sonic Generations Statue Room