- For other uses of the term, see E-123 Omega (disambiguation).
E-123 Omega (Ｅ－１２３＂オメガ＂?), or Omega E-123, is a fictional character from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He is a robot created by Dr. Eggman as the last and most powerful of the doctor's E-Series robots, only to be deactivated and sealed in an abandoned base to guard Shadow the Hedgehog who was in suspended animation in a stasis capsule. Furious at having his power wasted in this way, Omega swore revenge on Eggman. Rouge the Bat then accidentally reactivated Omega when trying to free Shadow and she soon convinced the two of them to join together as Team Dark to track down their mutual enemy. Although Omega failed to achieve his goal at the end of his team's adventure, he has continued to pursue his mission, occasionally coming to the aid of his allies and other heroes.
- 1 Concept and creation
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Powers and abilities
- 5 Weaknesses
- 6 Relationships
- 7 References
Concept and creation
E-123 Omega's design appears to be based on the rest of the E-100 Series robots (particularly E-102 Gamma) while making him stand out by giving him a stockier upper body and arms with red eyes instead of green. He is also much shorter than the other models and his shoulders are much larger with a visible Greek symbol on the front of the left and back of the right with red handlebars on the top. Also, instead of the twin exhaust pipes and the Jet Booster of the first E-100 Series robots, Omega has one circling pipe around the waist with two flaps attached and having twin jets installed in his back below the hunch. The stripe running from his head to stomach has also been changed so that it is a separate piece of metal altogether and not simply painted on like the others and he also has one extra finger and two hands with yellow wrists studded with large spikes like a dog collar. Just below his stripe is a plate of clear material that allows others to see some of his inner workings.
Omega's design was changed in a variety of subtle ways during the Solaris incident; His overall look seems to have thinned him out whilst making him look taller. The yellow casing for his "head" was treated much the same and also brought his eyes closer together. His shoulders almost doubled in size and look more square with defined grooves surrounding his equally larger omega symbol. The central stripe on his chest had been changed from protruding about an inch or two from the rest of Omega's chassis to roughly five inches. The jets on his back were also pointed at a lower angle. The flaps on his sides had also been given grooves, the black arrows seen on his waist pipe and flaps had been removed, the red arrows on the front of his lower leg have been replaced with red stripes, the red section surrounding his torso got split into two pieces and he had sharper and somewhat skeletal hands.
Minor changes were made to his visual appearance in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood such as a smaller casing for his "head," flat shoulders with omega symbols on the front and back of both of them, the flaps hanging from his waist pipe are now thicker and rectangular, the arrows on the front of his waist pipe have been replaced with two slots, the red arrows on the front of his lower legs have been changed to red stripes and a richer yellow was used in his color scheme.
Starting from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, Omega has mostly returned to his original Sonic Heroes design, with the flattened head, further separated eyes and smoother claws, but has retained the clunkier movements of Sonic the Hedgehog though they are not nearly as slow. In some recent games he has shown small differences. A mainstay since Sonic Generations is that his claws are much more detailed with visible mechanical joints throughout each finger. Aside from that, his central stripe has been shown to be visibly thinner and the width of his upper body widened.
Omega was given an alternate look in Sonic Runners as part of a Halloween event. His torso is entirely covered by a jack-o'-lantern with Omega's eyes peering through, all the red sections of his body have been recolored purple except for his omega symbol which is now orange, his wrists are now an orange shade and vines extend from the pumpkin to his shoulders and waist.
The vertical stripe on Omega's chest has differed in color throughout his various appearances. In Sonic Heroes, the stripe is black in his character artwork and on the in-game model in the Nintendo GameCube and Xbox versions of the game. However, it is metallic silver on the in-game model in the PlayStation 2 and PC versions as well as in the pre-rendered cutscenes in all versions of the game. His Sonic Channel artwork, which is based on the art from Sonic Heroes, would feature the black stripe for many years before it was updated to the silver color. Most subsequent games would depict Omega with a silver stripe, with Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood being a notable exception. Another error seen on Omega's models in the console version of Sonic Generations, Sonic Runners (his official artwork does not share this mistake) and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is that all of his torso is colored red, removing the black section circling below Omega's head.
Omega's only goals in life are to take revenge on Eggman for wasting his potential and destroy the doctor's other robots to prove himself superior. These two goals are absolute above all else in Omega's eyes. As a result, he tends to be extremely headstrong and reckless, unlike his teammates on Team Dark who have more common sense. In Sonic Forces, he performs what is supposed to be a recon mission on Eggman's base, and, rather than sneaking in to get information, storms in guns blazing in an effort to purge the base of every robot within, despite his orders having nothing to do with extermination. At one point in Shadow the Hedgehog, Omega made a comment about how he would "reign supreme". Some fans have taken these words quite literally, and believe that Omega wants to take over the Eggman Empire and become a robot overlord in the style of Metal Sonic. However, subsequent games have shown this less believable, and it is generally taken to mean that he wishes to prove himself as the greatest of Eggman's robots.
Like E-102 Gamma, Omega has a free will and a personality. However, he is considerably less noble than Gamma; while Gamma destroys only what needs to be destroyed, Omega destroys anything that could possibly pose any kind of threat to himself or his mission. From his quotes, he thinks other Eggman robots are inferior to him, dismissing them as "worthless consumer models", especially the E-2000 model. He hates side tracking especially when it comes to locating Eggman.
While Omega, as a robot, is largely emotionless, he is capable of understanding the emotions of others, and reacting appropriately. For example in Sonic Heroes, when Team Dark is lead to believe that Shadow may be an android created by Eggman, Omega comforts a depressed Rouge (albeit in a distant, matter-of-fact matter) by saying that they needed the original to make a copy, thus meaning that the real Shadow is still alive out there. In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), he shows depression and anger when Mephiles reveals that Omega is the one who will trap Shadow in the future after the world blamed Shadow for the release of Iblis. It is also possible Omega is superstitious, as he believes in omens such as the appearance of stormy weather, though this might have been because of his scanners picking up a powerful magnetic field.
Omega is fairly loyal and dependable when one is on his good side, a bit of a holdover from his original purpose as a servant, and he's not incapable of looking past differences to forge alliances. He also genuinely cares more for Shadow and Rouge as allies, and trusts their word over everyone else's. In addition, he will temporarily abandon his vengeful quest against Eggman (or even indirectly work with him) if he detects a bigger threat, as evidenced by his participation in the battle against Metal Sonic or Solaris.
It also seems that he lacks any sort of negativity towards Sonic and his friends, and did not even recognize them during their first meeting in Sonic Heroes, as can be heard when the player finishes the Team Battle using Omega. This is probably because Omega was made to contain Shadow the Hedgehog and not as a means to defeat Sonic. However, he does not appear to hold them in high regard.
Stereotypical of most robots, Omega tends to use technical sesquipedalian words instead of casual human speech. An example of this is when he uses "negative" or "affirmative" instead of simply saying yes or no. Although he has been known to use typical human speech before, such as one of his Hint Ring lines from Sonic Heroes: "Looks like those guys are guarding that case."
Notably, in all of his appearances (barring the 2006 Sonic the Hedgehog game, in which he behaved in a manner stereotypical of old robots), he makes odd, often erratic movements, such as spinning his head as if it's on a 360 degree axis in many circles and rotate his entire upper body the same way during confrontations with Eggman in Shadow the Hedgehog. Whether this is a programming flaw or intentional is not revealed. Also in Sonic the Hedgehog, when Omega is standing still, he makes odd movements as if he's doing warm up exercises.
Powers and abilities
With his entire body being a full-fledged weapon, Omega has a huge array of extremely destructive weapons and machines concealed in his arms which he can switch at will by reconfiguring his forearms or hands to execute a variety of attacks. These include rapid-fire rotary cannons (Omega Machine Gun), flamethrowers (Omega Fire), missile launchers (Omega Missile), fireball launchers (Omega Launcher), multiple semi-automatic single-barreled wrist cannons for firing pellets (Omega Shot) and homing lasers (Lock-On Shot), powerful black miniguns, a double-barreled laser gun that extends from his forearm, a temporal field device, unconventional drill-shaped missiles, and multiple laser beam cannons; a yellow laser that targets a single enemy and a purple laser that covers a much wider area. He can likewise retract his hands into their sockets for scooping up Shadow and Rouge in balls and either use them as melee weapons or launch them as fireballs.
Omega appears to be armed with explosive rounds for his machine guns, as evidenced by the damage he caused to the base he was sealed in by only firing for a few seconds. However, certain weapons of his require the use of magazines as opposed to storing all his ammunition in bulk inside himself. While Omega appears to possess some form of targeting systems for his arsenal, he tends to be rather inaccurate however, most notably when he fired in every direction when first meeting Shadow with the expectation that some of them would hit, possibly in an effort to predict his movements
Classified as a Power Type, Omega possesses considerable physical strength that easily rivals the likes of Knuckles the Echidna, Big the Cat and Vector the Crocodile as seen in Sonic Heroes, being capable of smashing giant boulders and metal with ease using his bare fists. Omega is also equipped with jet boosters built in his back which he can utilize to help him accelerate along the ground, increase the height of his jumps, hover through midair over long distances, and even move at speeds rivaling Shadow and Rouge.
Being a robot, Omega is equipped with remarkably tough armor which can resist strong blows, certain forms of poisonous gas, and electrical currents that most of the other characters cannot pass through. Omega also easily survived being in Crisis City while in standby mode for collectively two centuries.
Omega appears to be waterproof as he does not short circuit when submerged in waters like in Frog Forest or Lost Jungle. Omega also has scanners that allow him to examine both machinery and living beings. He is also equipped with some kind of built-in sensor that allows him to locate enemies, life forms and other various objects such as switches.
By harnessing different variants of Hyper-go-on from Wisps, Omega can use specific Color Powers to transform into a certain form, such as a drill, a laser or even a planet, each one possessing its own unique abilities. So far, Omega has been able to transform into the Cyan Laser, Yellow Drill and Indigo Asteroid. However, these transformations require a steady supply of Hyper-go-on to be maintained.
Omega, though one of the more powerful characters, has a few flaws that have hindered him, and may do so again in the future. It is likely that he cannot swim, so water may pose a problem. He is also one of the slowest characters in the series, which makes him an easy hit should he come in contact with a foe such as Sonic, which is surprising as he was made to capture the equally fast Shadow. However, his speed increases considerably when he uses his jet boosters. Although his strength is great and his weapons can cause significant damage, they can't destroy certain materials like gold. Some of his weapons, however, may be exempt to this.
Omega is also known to act before thinking, usually charging head-first into battle without any given strategy. This is Shadow's theory of how he could have been captured in Metropolis by the Marauders, in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
He may also have a faulty or nonexistent targeting system, explaining his reliance on spread-fire weapons and explosives. This is more easily seen in Sonic Heroes, where he does not even appear to be trying to aim until the camera shifts to his point of view.
Omega is also sensitive to and intolerant of areas with high humidity, though the ramifications are not specified.
At the end of a level in Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Omega's torso spins around. It is unknown if it is a glitch in his programming or done on purpose, but may indicate Omega needs a few tweaks, as he has noted.
Shadow the Hedgehog
Omega was created for the dual purpose of supporting Shadow the Hedgehog, or to deter him from running out of control. At the the start of Team Dark's story in Sonic Heroes , after Shadow had woken up from stasis, Omega tried to shoot him, thinking he was one of Eggman's robots. However, Rouge stopped the two and they decided to work together to fight Eggman. Shadow and Omega then became close allies, with Rouge even saying that the two are so compatible they "go together like chili and hot dogs." In fact, Shadow been known to show concern for Omega's well being, which is quite odd for Shadow, as he usually keeps a tight lid on his emotions. It is possible that this is because they were both prisoners of Dr. Eggman (in different ways). An example of this camaraderie comes from when Rouge (mistakenly) claims that Shadow is a robot. Omega, despite his relentless goal to eliminate all of Eggman's robots, showed no interest or desire to destroy Shadow. In Shadow the Hedgehog, Omega once again does not attempt to stop or destroy Shadow when Eggman claimed that Shadow was an android that he created, despite Omega's hatred of other Eggman robots. In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Shadow and Rouge encountered Omega in the future in standby mode. After Rouge noted that they could not do anything for him, both of them seemed to show reluctance about leaving him in that state. Also, in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Omega showed anger at Mephiles' hinting of Omega's future betrayal towards Shadow, and proceeds to attack him with heavier gunfire. Omega then showed some unhappiness while revealing that his mission in the future was to capture Shadow.
In the non-canon game Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, Shadow joins Sonic's team to find Omega, even calling Omega his friend and showed great respect to him, (which is most irregular for Shadow), and shows anger if they refuse to rescue him. He also joins up with Omega to perform a POW move called Focus Field, where the two of them strike an enemy together, with Shadow using Chaos Blast and Omega attacking with his machine guns. Shadow also teams up with all three members of Team Dark to perform another POW move called Metal Storm, which involves Shadow levitating Omega into the air and Rouge kicking him at an enemy.
Omega and Shadow also seem to have a friendly rivalry of who is the more powerful, similar to that of Sonic and Knuckles, with Omega believing the title belongs to him. Technically, Omega is right in the fact that he has more physical power than Shadow, but which of the two is the better fighter is not confirmed. Shadow is the ultimate life form, but Omega is not a life form and refers to himself with a similar title as the ultimate robot, so it can be a toss-up. They seem to be evenly matched in their only battle when they first meet in Sonic Heroes, but it is revealed in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) (as well as implied in Sonic Heroes) that Omega was made to contain Shadow from escaping Dr. Eggman's base where he was being held and actually captured Shadow in the future, so it is possible that Omega could defeat Shadow like he did in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), though it is open to debate about whether he did this on his own or whether there were other factors involved, notably Shadow likely holding out on his friend. Whatever the case, Omega very much respects Shadow's abilities, stating they exceeded even his initial expectations when they first became allies.
Rouge the Bat
Rouge the Bat is a close ally of Omega, who is quite loyal to her. She has sometimes shown annoyance at Omega, saying that he is too serious and she is tired of hearing him ramble on about revenge and hatred. She also dislikes it when Omega ignores her orders and acts on his own destructive tendencies.
They first meet in Sonic Heroes after Rouge stopped Shadow and Omega from destroying each other long enough to hear both their stories. She convinces the two of them to join forces to find Eggman since that is their united goal. While searching for the doctor, Rouge becomes fond of the robot and they become fast friends. Omega even lets her sit on his hand during their victory poses. Rouge does show a weariness of Omega's serious and vengeful nature and having to hear him ramble about it constantly. While Rouge definitely trusts Omega, it seems she sometimes has too much faith in him. During his "infiltration mission" into Eggman's lab, Omega proceeded to go in guns blazing, despite Rouge's protests on the radio and became very worried when Omega called in reporting he had no idea where he was after encountering Infinite. And despite the robot's intimidating assortment of weaponry, she is definitely not above teasing him about his grandstanding, and while Omega seems annoyed he does not hold any grudges against her. Whatever the case, Omega very much respects Rouge's abilities, stating they exceeded even his initial expectations when they first became allies.
Dr. Eggman is both Omega's creator and greatest enemy. Omega is constantly trying to get revenge on the doctor for imprisoning him and will do whatever it takes to prove himself superior to Eggman's other machines. However, Omega has passed up his feelings of revenge when he is needed to take out a bigger threat, such as Metal Sonic, Solaris, and the Marauders.
Eggman does not seem too concerned about Omega trying to destroy him. In fact, Eggman has not really been seen interacting with Omega at all. He does seem to think Omega is capable, however, as he thought he could defeat both Sonic and Mario on his own in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, though it is possible he just thought he would slow them down and not defeat them.
The two might have only met once but the fact that Metal Sonic is one of Eggman's robots indicates that he and Omega are definitely enemies (even going far enough for Omega to pass up his feelings of revenge on the Doctor).
They first meet in Sonic Heroes (after Omega finished destroying a room full of Shadow Androids), where Omega helped to defeat Metal Sonic after he turned into the Metal Overlord, along with his fellow team members. He is later seen exchanging looks with Shadow and holding a deactivated Metal Sonic in his arms. It is unknown what they did with Metal Sonic afterwards, but he was eventually back in the hands of Dr. Eggman and reprogrammed back into servitude.
It seems his distaste for Metal Sonic is still strong. During the final push against Infinite's replicas, Omega can be seen shooting down a Metal Sonic replica flying by, ignoring closer targets.
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles was one of Omega's greatest enemies, (possibly coming second to Eggman himself). They first met when Omega saved Shadow by distracting Mephiles with his machine guns in Flame Core after coming out of standby mode in Crisis City. They then engaged in battle and Omega and Shadow proved victorious. Mephiles then escaped to the present with Shadow and Omega in hot pursuit. Mephiles escaped but Omega and Shadow kept looking for Mephiles.
Omega later found and defeated Mephiles once again in Wave Ocean. Mephiles then revealed to Omega that he knew that he was the one responsible for imprisoning Shadow in the future. Enraged by this, Omega proceeded to attack Mephiles with his machine guns. He then revealed this information to Shadow and Rouge.
Omega then set off with the other members of Team Dark into Dusty Desert, determined as ever to seal Mephiles before he can merge with Iblis. He and the others arrived too late, and then engaged Mephiles in a final showdown. They proved victorious yet again, but they failed to seal Mephiles using the new Scepter of Darkness. Mephiles then created an army of copies of himself, and Team Dark destroys them (presumably) while Mephiles escapes.
Later, Omega and the others were transported to a time-space rift by Solaris along with Silver, Amy, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Princess Elise, and Sonic's lifeless body. Omega then helped the others retrieve the Chaos Emeralds to save Sonic's soul by searching for one of them in Flame Core. He later watched Sonic come back to life, and remained on a monument transported from Soleanna as Super Sonic, Super Silver and Super Shadow erase Solaris from existence, thus erasing Mephiles from existence as well.
Omega harbors a deep hatred to all of the E-Series robots, (especially the E-2000 which Eggman began working on shortly after shutting Omega down.) Omega is determined to destroy all the E-Series and any other of Eggman's robots which he dismisses as "worthless consumer models".
The E-100 Series are Omega's predecessors. Although he has never actually been seen with any of his "brothers," Omega does indicate that he knows of their existence and he thinks them as his inferiors (but might harbor some form of acknowledgement of Gamma and Beta). It is unknown if he bears any hatred towards them, but it's unlikely, partly because they've all been destroyed.
Sonic and friends
Although Omega has worked with Sonic and co. on numerous occasions, he only usually helps them when there is a greater threat that he wants to deal with. He does not think much of Sonic and his team. He lacks any real relationship with any of them and it is likely some of them do not even know who he is, while Omega has not gone out of his way to introduce himself.
His first interactions were when he fought Teams Chaotix and Sonic in Sonic Heroes. Interestingly, Omega had no knowledge of Sonic at that point, simply referring to him, Tails, and Knuckles as a group of "Shadow-like creatures."
In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Omega helped recover the Chaos Emeralds in order to bring Sonic back to life. This shows that Omega may in fact hold Sonic in some form of respect, but he could have also helped recover the Emeralds just because Shadow and Rouge were doing so. Omega would later find himself interacting with Sonic after the blue hedgehog bargained for the lives of Orbot and Cubot. Surprisingly, Omega agreed to spare them but only in return for physical specification data on Sonic to upgrade himself with.
In Sonic Forces, Omega was rendered non-functional thanks to a battle with Infinite and had been left deactivated in the City for six months. He was found by Tails, and the young fox tried his best to repair him but was unsuccessful as the damage was too much. He apologized to the robot's lifeless husk, calling him "buddy," but was prevented from trying further due to the arrival of both a replica of Chaos and Classic Sonic. It is unknown if Tails' repairs had any part in Omega being restored later in the game.
Omega seems to lack any negativity towards G.U.N., and does not seem to want anything to do with them, such as in the game Shadow the Hedgehog, where he tells Shadow to ignore the G.U.N. robots in the Iron Jungle stage (it is unknown if this was because he was more concerned with finding Eggman as he indicated or actually cared about them being destroyed). However, he does seem to look down on human government affairs, and sees them as a nuisance (if anything), actively telling Shadow not to even bother with them.
During their first encounter, Omega simply viewed Infinite as someone who stood in the way between him and Eggman and tried to eliminate him as an obstacle. After Infinite nearly destroyed him via the Phantom Ruby's Power, however, Omega developed a grudge against Infinite that was at least as strong as that of Eggman, as his first action upon rebooting himself and joining the Resistance in their climactic fight against the Eggman Empire was declare his intent to exact revenge against Infinite.
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Rouge the Bat
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Big the Cat
- Vector the Crocodile
- Espio the Chameleon
- Charmy Bee
- Silver the Hedgehog
- Shade the Echidna
- Classic Sonic
- ●SonicJPNews● on Twitter (12 November 2019). Archived from the original on 12 November 2019. Retrieved on 12 November 2019.
- Jon St. John at the Internet Movie Database.
- Jeff Kramer at the Internet Movie Database.
- Madeleine Blaustein at the Internet Movie Database.
- Taiten Kusunoki at the Anime News Network.
- Stated by himself when achieving an A-Rank in Sonic Heroes.
- Sonic Channel (Japanese). Characters: Omega. Sega. Archived from the original on 26 May 2019. Retrieved on 3 July 2015.
- In Sonic Heroes, after receiving an A-Rank while having accumulated the most points with Omega on a regular stage.
- Team Sonic Racing - Omega Voice Clips (08:34). YouTube. TrailBlazer1 (28 June 2019).
- Sonic Heroes (GameCube) United States instruction booklet, pg. 8-9.
- Credits for Sonic Heroes.
- Sonic Forces: Looming Shadow, "Looming Shadow"
- Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) E-123 Omega: "Doctor Eggman, I will destroy you and reign supreme!"
- Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) E-123 Omega: "Multiple targets detected on radar! Eliminate all threats!"
- Sonic Heroes (2004) [After getting an A rank.] E-123 Omega: "I am Omega, the ultimate E-Series robot!"
- Sonic Heroes (2004) E-123 Omega: "The E-2000! So they're in production. I'll destroy them!"
- Sonic Heroes (2004) [To Shadow the Hedgehog and Rouge the Bat.] E-123 Omega: "Warning... Immediate destruction if distracted."
- Sonic Heroes (2003) [After entering Casino Park.] E-123 Omega: "Our top priority is Eggman. Don't forget that. No time to waste." Rouge the Bat: "You're too serious, Omega."
- Sonic Heroes (2004) Shadow the Hedgehog: This weather, could be an omen... Rouge the Bat: You're thinking too much, Shadow? What, you too, Omega? E-123 Omega: Sensing strong magnetic field.. magnitude off the scale!
- Sonic Heroes (2004) [After defeating Team Sonic with Omega.] E-123 Omega: "Group of Shadow-like creatures destroyed!"
- Sonic Heroes (2004) Rouge the Bat: "Whatever it takes, he's [Eggman] mine! Any objections?" E-123 Omega: "Negative."
- Sonic Heroes (2004) Shadow the Hedgehog: "Capture him [Eggman] first, then you can have your revenge, Omega." E-123 Omega: "Affirmative."
- Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) [After Shadow activates a "Hint Ring" in the Expert Mode of Lava Shelter.] Rouge the Bat: "So, Shadow, how are you holding up? You're doing great! Only four stages left!" [Rouge is cut off by Omega.] E-123 Omega: "This is Eggman's secret base. I will defeat him, and prove that I am the strongest!" [Omega is cut off by Rouge.] Rouge: "Omega, cut it out! Don't you have anything better to do?!" E-123 Omega: "Ohh..."
- Sonic Heroes (2004) [During the battle with Team Chaotix; after Shadow the Hedgehog and Rouge the Bat are thrown off Team Dark.] E-123 Omega: "Well, that's a load off my back."
- Sega. Official Sonic Heroes website (Japanese). Characters: Team Dark. Sega. Archived from the original on 12 November 2004. Retrieved on 29 July 2015.
- Sonic Team (7 November 2017). Sonic Forces (Episode Shadow). Nintendo Switch. Sega. Area/Level: World Map. "Infinite: Hahah. The world's most powerful robot is no more a challenge than Crabmeat."
- Sonic the Hedgehog (PlayStation 3) United States instruction manual, pg. 19
- Sonic Team, Blindlight (24 November 2006). Sonic the Hedgehog. Xbox 360/PlayStation 3. Sega. Cutscene: Omega's Confession"
- Sonic Team (6 February 2004). Sonic Heroes. PlayStation 3. Sega. Area/Level: Opening Sequence.
- Sonic Team, Blindlight (24 November 2006). Sonic the Hedgehog. Xbox 360/PlayStation 3. Sega. Area/Level: Tropical Jungle (Shadow's Episode). "E-123 Omega: Situation understood. What would you like me to do? / Rouge the Bat: Take this, and deliver it to Shadow. / E-123 Omega: System reactivation countdown initiated. Backup power source and spare magazines secured. Command program priority changed. New mission: Shadow Support. External access no longer permitted. Confirmed."
- Sonic Team, Blindlight (24 November 2006). Sonic the Hedgehog. PlayStation 3. Sega. Area/Level: Mephiles Phase 1. "E-123 Omega: Press and hold down the square button to lock on to targets."
- *Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) E-123 Omega: [After scanning a Black Arm Air Saucer.] "Object airborne without use of thrust or engine components. Does not compute."
- *Sonic Heroes (2004) [After standing in Grand Metropolis for a short while.] E-123 Omega: "Eggman's robots detected in this area. Elimination: imminent."
- Sonic Heroes (2004) E-123 Omega: "Enemies detected 200 meters ahead. Initiating battle mode!"
- Sonic Heroes (2004) [In Frog Forest.] E-123 Omega: "Detecting a frog in the vicinity."
- Sonic Heroes (2004) [After Doctor Eggman appears.] Shadow the Hedgehog: "What do you think Omega?" E-123 Omega: "Sensors jammed. Real Eggman ID not possible."
- Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) E-123 Omega: "Detecting Eggman presence within Egg Balloon! Presence confirmed!"
- Sonic the Hedgehog E-123 Omega: "Mephiles detected. Position K31. Pursue and engage."
- Sonic the Hedgehog E-123 Omega: "Switch detected ahead. I will push the switch. Shadow wait here."
- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (2008) Shadow the Hedgehog: "What do you want, Sonic?" Sonic the Hedgehog: "Tell me about what happened to E-123 Omega." Shadow: "I don't know. We've lost touch. But knowing him, he likely detected Eggman robots in Metropolis and went there to destroy them. He's always wanted to be the toughest robot of all, and he'll take any chance to prove his strength." Sonic: "Do you think he's in trouble?" Shadow: "Omega's strong, but he's not invincible. And he's hardheaded enough to charge into danger without thinking. If something happened to him, I will be very upset." Sonic: "Where do you think he is?" Shadow: "The device I had when you found me was some kind of tracker, and it said he was in Metropolis. It couldn't tell me where, exactly. So either the device was useless, or Omega's not giving off a signal anymore. That worries me." Sonic: "We'll find him." Shadow: "If those Marauders have done something to him, they have no idea what's coming to them. I'll stick with you until we find Omega, Sonic. But don't expect me to join in on your group hugs and picnics. I'll be ready when it's time to go."
- Sonic Team (6 February 2004). Sonic Heroes. PlayStation 2. Sega. Area/level: Lost Jungle. "Omega: Humidity levels unacceptable. Must get out of here."
- Sonic Heroes (2004) [After standing still for a while.] E-123 Omega: Scheduled maintenance overdue.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 Shadow the Hedgehog: "Ok, we'll find Omega soon. Hang in there..."
- Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) Doctor Eggman: "Shadow and Omega? Why you traitors! You two are going to stop me??!! Move aside!" [Shadow puts out hand to stop Omega attacking Eggman.] Shadow the Hedgehog: "Doctor, please I need to know...those androids...the ones that look like me, am I..." Doctor Eggman: "Yes!" Shadow the Hedgehog: "What?" Doctor Eggman: "You and Omega are my creations! But you betray me as you stand here before me! So now...I will destroy BOTH, turning you into scrap metal!" [Shadow falls to the ground with shock.] E-123 Omega: "Eggman...I will defeat you once and for all!"
- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood Shadow the Hedgehog: "The Marauders? Why would I work for them? I've been searching for E-123 Omega. But ever since I got here, these Marauders have been coming out of nowhere to stop me. I've decided to give any Marauders I find a severe beating. To put it mildly." Sonic the Hedgehog: "What happened to Omega?" Shadow: "E-123 Omega is one of Eggman's most powerful robots. Unlike Eggman's other robots, however, Omega was... intelligent. He hated Eggman. Omega was trying to track down Eggman. I've searched all of Eggman's old hideouts for Omega, but no luck. I think maybe Omega went into Metropolis and he got disabled somehow. I was on my way to find him when you stopped me." Sonic: "Why were you looking for him?" Shadow: "Because a powerful and friendly Eggman robot is a valuable ally. Even the likes of you should understand that. More than that, though, he was my friend. And I won't let a friend rust in Metropolis at the hands of those Marauders."
- Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) [After Shadow activates a "Hint Ring" in the Expert Mode of Mad Matrix.] E-123 Omega: "Shadow. I hear you're engaged in some training. You know you'll never be stronger then me! If you think so...then I challenge you to find and access all four of the world's databases."
- Sonic Team (6 February 2004). Sonic Heroes. PlayStation 2. Sega. Area/level: Seaside Hill. "Omega: Combat ability of these two are beyond my expectation."
- This is seen at the end of Sonic Heroes and Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (2009) E-123 Omega: Intruders detected! Leave at once! Toad: Yipes! Is that one of Eggman's robots?! E-123 Omega: Negative. Dr. Eggman is my enemy. Toad: Doesn't that make you our friend, then? Eggman's our enemy too. E-123 Omega: That is unverified. You are not authorized to pass. You must beat me at Intense Short Track or you will be eliminated. Toad: I'm not sure about his logic, but it sounds like he's not going to just let us pass. [After Omega is defeated.] E-123 Omega: I cannot face Dr. Eggman now. Does not compute! Toad: Maybe you could tell us what the problem is, Omega? E-123 Omega: I transported to Blitzland to defeat Dr. Eggman... But Dr. Eggman gave one condition before he would accept my challenge: "Stop Mario and Sonic from intruding." I have failed. Does not compute! [Warp hole appears.] Toad: What? Omega! Where are you going? E-123 Omega: I will practice the Short Track so that I may defeat Dr. Eggman at a later date. [Omega disappears.] Toad: I thought Omega was on our side. Too bad we couldn't get him to join us.
- Sonic Heroes (2004) E-123 Omega: "New target acquisition. Sights locked on: Metal Sonic."
- Screenshot from Sonic Heroes.
- Sonic the Hedgehog scene - "Omega appears"
- Sonic the Hedgehog scene - "Mephiles flees"
- Sonic the Hedgehog scene - "Shadow & Omega return to the present"
- Sonic the Hedgehog scene - "To the ruins"
- Sonic the Hedgehog scene - "Mephiles' temptation"
- Sonic the Hedgehog scene - "Showdown with Mephiles"
- Sonic the Hedgehog scene - "Shadow & his friends: Into the light"
- Sonic the Hedgehog scene - "The time-space rift"
- Sonic the Hedgehog scene - "Wishing upon the Chaos Emeralds"
- Sonic the Hedgehog scene - "Solaris destroyed"
- Sonic Heroes (2004) E-123 Omega: "Terminate all Eggman robots regardless of their purpose!"
- Sonic Heroes (2004) [After earning eight hundred points by destroying certain Eggman robots.] E-123 Omega: "Worthless consumer models."
- Sonic Heroes (2004) [After getting an E rank with Omega scoring the highest out of Team Dark.] E-123 Omega: "I couldn't even beat Gamma or Beta."
- Shadow the Hedgehog (game) (2005) [After Shadow the Hedgehog destroys GUN robots.] E-123 Omega: "We are here to face 'Eggman!'"
- Shadow the Hedgehog (game) (2005) [After Shadow the Hedgehog destroys GUN robots.] E-123 Omega: "Do not concern yourself with them!"