- For the version of this character before the Super Genesis Wave, see E-109 Kappa (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
E-109 Kappa is a character who appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is the tenth unit in the E-100 Series robot group created by Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.
E-109 Kappa is an E-100 Series robot that has a body structure loosely based on a tank. It is colored green with a white rectangular-chest on its torso. It has a black and yellow hood-cap, green eyes, and a pair of arms with black spikes on the inside. It has a lengthy tube connecting its torso to its wheels, which are colored green and black, respectively.
Shattered World Crisis
During the Shattered World Crisis, Sally Acorn, Antoine D'Coolette, and Bunnie D'Coolette sneaked into the Sand Hill Zone to collect a Chaos Emerald. However, Kappa had ambushed Antoine, while Iota and Lambda ambushed Bunnie and Sally, respectively. Despite having numerous traps to aid it however, the Freedom Fighters were able to escape Kappa, albeit without the Chaos Emerald.
E-109 Kappa, along with E-106 Eta, E-108 Iota, and E-110 Lambda, was stationed to Eggman Land during the final days of the shattered world. While Eta was destroyed by Sally, Antoine and Bunnie, Kappa, Iota, and Lambda were en route towards the Freedom Fighters, to which the heroes were prepared to destroy the Super Badniks.
Powers and abilities
Kappa has two arms that have spikes covered on the front, being able to use them to hit with enough strength to break through a stone pillar. It also has wheels that can run over any terrain.
- Iota, Kappa, and Lambda were based off Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts, respectively, from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog animated series.
- Sonic the Hedgehog #266, "Ambushed! Part One"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #267, "Ambushed! Part Two"
- Ian Flynn on Twitter. Twitter (31 March 2017). Retrieved on 31 March 2017. “BlueSpeeder: Hey Mr. Flynn. What were the "three more" units that Tails mentioned in StH 286? / Ian Flynn: E-108, E-109, E-110.”
- Sonic the Hedgehog Volume 4: Control, "Afterword - By Ian Flynn"