- For the version of this character after the Super Genesis Wave, see E-103 Delta (Archie).
E-103 Delta is a character who appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It was the fourth unit in the E-100 Series robotic group created by Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik. E-103 Delta was one of the first E-100 Series robots created, specifically during the time of when Eggman harnessed the power of Chaos.
Created in the year 3236 by Dr. Eggman inside the Egg Carrier, E-103 Delta was one of the first units of the E-100 Series. Along with three of his "brothers"–E-101 Beta, E-102 Gamma, and E-104 Epsilon–Delta was assigned to a competition to see which E-100 Series robot could retrieve Froggy (the entity that contained the "tail" of Chaos). However, Delta did not accomplish the mission, bringing in a regular lizard. Instead, it was Gamma that brought Froggy and won the contest. Eggman then sent Delta and the other E-100 Series robots away from his sight.
After the Chaos incident, Delta was assigned to one of the outposts of the Eggman Empire in a valley in Soumerca. There, he was eventually tracked down and destroyed by Gamma, who had gone rogue and was seeking out the remaining E-100 units and destroying them.
Powers and abilities
Much of E-103 Delta's arsenal isn't fully known, but Delta does hold a Jet Booster, allowing him to glide through the air for a short period of time. Delta also has two twin-missile cannons on his arms.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://archiecomics.com/blog/sonic_universe/2010/12/from-the-databanks-of-e-102-gamma.html
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #81 - "All You Need Is a Bit of Chaos"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #82 - "Door to the Past"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #82 - "Double Crossed Circuits"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #3 - "Old Soldiers"