- For the version of this character after the Super Genesis Wave, see E-100 Alpha (Archie).
E-100 Alpha, sometimes referred to as ZERO, is a character who appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It was a series of robots in the E-100 Series line, technically being the "first" units of the series, created by Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik during his campaign to harnessed the power of Chaos, and are the precursor of the E-100 Series.
As opposed to most other E-100 Series robots, the E-100 Alphas resembled more a large green and red box without any legs, than a humanoid. They also had a pair of arms with black boxing glove-like hands.
For unspecified reasons, two E-100 Alpha robots were sent to capture a green Flicky. The chase for the Flicky took one of them to Station Square, where Amy Rose saw the trouble the Flicky was involved in, and decided to help it. When the E-100 Alpha approached Amy, it made her summon her Piko Piko for the first time which she used to destroy the robot. However, Amy was then captured by two other E-100 Alphas, who took her to the Egg Carrier.
The E-100 Alphas were later decommissioned and scrapped. As a result, the E-100 Alphas were one of the few E-100 Series robots that E-102 Gamma did not destroy during his hunt to "liberate" the E-100 Series robots.
Powers and abilities
The E-100 Alphas were able to levitate and move through midair, and were equipped with a cannon located on their left shoulder which could fire harmful lasers. Their primary "weapons" were a pair of arms with fist-like manipulators, making them suitable only for melee combat or dealing with weaker enemies.
- E-100 Alpha's debut appearance in Sonic the Hedgehog #81 has several noticeable things that are nonparallel with the Sonic Adventure video game.
- Instead of Alpha being an E-100 Series robot, there are at least two versions of Alpha.
- The coloring on Alpha is somewhat different than its video game counterpart, having green, red, and gray with the addition of yellow and blue.
- Sonic the Hedgehog #81 - "A Rose Clucked"
- Sonic Universe #3 - "Old Soldiers"