[Scene: Eggman's Lair, day.]
- [Orbot and Cubot are lying on the floor.]
- Orbot: What happened to us last night? My head is spinning.
- Cubot: That's not spinning! This is! [Spins his head around] Oh, that was a mistake. I hope whatever we did yesterday didn't involve a heavy meal.
- Orbot: I'll check my memory array. [Loads] Curious. Last night's memory file appears to have been erased. Check yours.
- [Cubot nods his head. His file stops loading partway through. Orbot presses Cubot's eyes, and they close. Cubot reboots himself.]
- Cubot: Where was I?
- Orbot: Perhaps Dr. Eggman knows something about this. Dr. Eggman! Sir?
- [They check the next room.]
- Orbot: That's odd. Usually by this time he's telling us how inadequate we are. It appears as though he's completely vanished.
- Cubot: Uh, so wait, Dr. E ain't here? I can do whatever I want? I'm gonna kick over that garbage can!
- [Cubot tries to kick the garbage can, but he fails. Orbot comes and he knocks the garbage can over.]
- Cubot: That'll teach you to mess with me, doc!
- Orbot: We need to figure out what happened to us last night and find Dr. Eggman. [Thinks] But, where to start?
[Scene Change: Sonic's Shack, day.]
- Sonic: What do you two bolt-bags want?
- Cubot: Oh, my own talk show, long blonde hair, taste buds...
- Orbot: But that's not why we're here; we seemed to have misplaced Dr. Eggman. Did you and he perchance battle yesterday?
- Knuckles: Oh, we battled alright; I remember it like it was yesterday.
- Sonic: It was yesterday.
- Knuckles: What was?
[Scene Change: Countryside (fantasy), day.]
- [Fantasy-Eggman has his Badniks and cackles evilly.]
- Fantasy-Dr. Eggman: I've got you now!
- [In Knuckles' fantasy, Sonic is cowardly and Knuckles is the brave one. Fantasy-Sonic begins panicking.]
- Fantasy-Sonic: Oh no, I guess we have no other choice but to give up!
- [Fantasy-Sonic begins to run away, but the scene pauses. The real Sonic comes up.]
- Sonic: Hey, that's not how it--
- [The real Knuckles shushes him, and the scene continues. Fantasy-Sonic runs away and slams right into a tree.]
- Fantasy-Knuckles: [Groans] I'll handle this!
- [Fantasy-Knuckles runs towards Fantasy-Eggman and knocks away the Badniks. He skids to a stop in front of Fantasy-Eggman, who begins whimpering and gently pounding Fantasy-Knuckles' chest.]
- Fantasy-Knuckles: Now, you've made me mad.
- [Fantasy-Knuckles leaps into the sky, and his body is coated by energy. He launches a blast of energy towards Fantasy-Eggman, who opens an umbrella to protect himself. However, it is burnt down by the energy blast. Fantasy-Eggman sobs as Fantasy-Knuckles lands on the ground.]
- Fantasy-Amy: What a dreamboat!
- [Fantasy-Amy and Fantasy-Sticks come up to Fantasy-Knuckles and hug him.]
- Fantasy-Sonic: I wanna be just like you when I grow up.
- Fantasy-Tails: Knuckles, you've been elected governor!
- Fantasy-Knuckles: All in a day's work!
- [Knuckles smiles at the camera and flies up into the sky, eventually heading up into space as his fantasy ends.]
[Scene Change: Sonic's Shack, day.]
- [Knuckles is standing proudly, but Sonic is unimpressed by Knuckles' imagination.]
- Orbot: That's all very nice, but I believe we were inquiring as to the whereabouts of Dr. Eggman.
- Sonic: Yeah, after we, as a team, defeated Eggman, he retreated toward the marketplace.
- Orbot: Many thanks.
- [Orbot and Cubot head off.]
- Knuckles: Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to write my acceptance speech. What rhymes with "governor"?
- [Sonic stares at the audience.]
[Scene Change: Village Center, Day]
- Orbot: Keep your optical sensors peeled, Cubot. There must be a clue around here somewhere.
- Mike: Hey, you two! Oh, you got a lot of nerve coming around here after what Eggman pulled last night!
- Orbot: Dr. Eggman was here?
- Mike: He was, and he tried to make me the victim of his most evil scheme to date!
[Scene Change: Village Center (flashback), evening.]
- [Eggman is standing outside Mike's shop. Interestingly, he is holding the very same burnt umbrella from Knuckles' fantasy in real life.]
- Dr. Eggman: I'd like to return this umbrella.
- Mike: You can't expect a refund for that! It's broken!
- Dr. Eggman: What are you talking about? It works fine! See?
- [Eggman repeatedly opens and closes the remains of the top of the umbrella, but one of the ribs cracks.]