- Not to be confused with Dude-itude.
Dreamboat Express is a group that appears in the Sonic Boom series. It was a boy band founded by Sonic the Hedgehog, Miles "Tails" Prower, and Knuckles the Echidna to investigate and foil the evil plans of Justin Beaver's producer, Dixon.
Dreamboat Express was founded by Sonic the Hedgehog to investigate Justin Beaver's producer, Dixon, and the abnormal fan-girl behavior that he caused, as only music professionals could get in on his set. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles quickly mastered the choreography, but had trouble coming up with the band's name, which ended up being "Dreamboat Express" due to how terrible it was. Posing as Justin's opening act, the bouncer Salty, who was not impressed by their performance, allowed them in on the set once he heard how terrible their band name was. On the set, Dreamboat Express learned of Dixon's plans to brainwash every female in town into a product consuming zombie with Justin's music at his next concert.
Escaping the set, the trio sought to break the mind control by discovering the counter-frequency to Justin's music with Tails' Measure-o-meter. Sneaking up on the stage with Justin at the concert, the Dreamboat Express fought Justin in a sing-off, during which they got the frequency. The Dreamboat Express then disbanded to form Dude-itude and break the mind control.
While Dude-itude was in prison with Salty, the latter recognized the trio as Dreamboat Express, whom he was still a fan of. Although the band was officially disbanded, Sonic pretended that they were still Dreamboat Express in order to earn Salty's favor so he could help them escape prison.
In the spirit of the boy band style, each member of Dreamboat Express wears a matching long-sleeved white shirt covered in sparkles.
- When coming up with names for Dreamboat Express for "Battle of the Boy Bands", one of Alan Denton's suggestions were "Dimple Town".
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (17 June 2017). "Planes, Trains and Dude-Mobiles". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 84. Boomerang.
- Alan Denton (30 December 2016). Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter. Retrieved on 31 December 2016. "Alan Denton: A Dreamboat Express sighting in the wild!! True story: an alternate name Greg & I thought about for the band in that ep. was "Dimple Town.""