Robotnik is an average sized man with brown hair and brown eyes. He bears a thick brown mustache. For attire, he is usually seen wearing a black trench coat, black trousers, black shoes, black gloves and black sunglasses. In addition, he also wears a red jacket and black and red goggles.
At an unspecified point in time, Robotnik has a much different appearance; he is bald, has a much larger mustache and his clothes are tattered and torn.
Allow me to clarify: in a sequentially-ranked hierarchy based on level of critical importance, the disparity between us is too vast to quantify.
— Robotnik describing his superiority to Bennington, Sonic the Hedgehog
Robotnik's high intellect makes him somewhat of a narcissist, as he immediately declared himself to be superior to Bennington. He is also somewhat eccentric, as while talking to said military officer, he briefly moves stiffly and makes robotic noises as he does so. Additionally, due to his high intellect, he is capable of using large and complicated words to describe a simple situation.
Powers and abilities
Robotnik has a high intellect. This enables him to create various types of machinery and robots that obey his command.
On April 29, 2019, a first look at Jim Carrey's rendition of Doctor Robotnik was leaked, a day before the first trailer got released. Fans and media reacted mostly with surprise at Robotnik's first look. On 30 April 2019, the first official trailer for the film was released, as well as its official poster. The trailer received mixed-to-negative reactions from the fans and media, mostly because of Sonic's initial design, however, Jim Carrey as Robotnik received mostly positive reactions, with some fans remarking that he's channeling his '90s era portrayals in a good way, and also that his appearance at the end of the trailer was more similar to Robotnik's game counterpart.
- ↑ Sonic The Hedgehog (2019) - Official Trailer - Paramount Pictures. YouTube. Paramount Pictures (30 April 2019). Retrieved on 7 May 2019. “Synopsis: Sonic and Tom join forces to try and stop the villainous Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) from capturing Sonic and using his immense powers for world domination.”
- ↑ Here’s your first look at Dr. Robotnik from the Sonic the Hedgehog movie. Polygon (29 April 2019). Retrieved on 4 May 2019.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog Fans React to First Look at Jim Carrey's Dr. Robotnik. Comicbook (29 April 2019). Retrieved on 4 May 2019.
- ↑ The New ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Trailer Doesn’t Get The Reaction Paramount Hoped For. CartoonBrew (30 April 2019). Retrieved on 3 May 2019.
- ↑ Jim Carrey As Eggman Is The Saving Grace For The New Sonic Movie, According To Some Fans. Newsweek (30 April 2019). Retrieved on 4 May 2019.
- ↑ Sonic The Hedgehog: Jim Carrey's Dr. Robotnik Looks Great In Live-Action. ScreenRant (30 April 2019). Retrieved on 4 May 2019.