- For other uses of the term, see Doctor Eggman (disambiguation).
In other media
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
Another one of his badniks is named Coconuts. Doctor Robotnik demoted Coconuts to sanitation duties.
Sonic the Hedgehog (TV series)
Dr. Robotnik was a heartless, diabolical tyrant who had already conquered most of Planet Mobius. He was good-natured, up until he became power hungry. His plans of conquering Mobius was assured except for the Freedom Fighters, led by Princess Sally and Sonic the Hedgehog. Unlike in Japan's continuity, the antagonist was only known as "Dr. Robotnik", with no hint of his first name, until later in the series where it was retconned to Julian
Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie
Doctor Robotnik appears in Sonic Underground as the tyrannical "leader" of Mobius. After Queen Aleena gave birth to three young hedgehogs, the Oracle of Delphius appeared to her, reporting of Robotnik's takeover, thus, the three hedgehog were separated.
In the anime series Sonic X, Dr. Eggman was born on Earth, but got somehow flung into Sonic's world. He has two somewhat absent-minded sidekicks, Bocoe and Decoe, and a messenger robot named Bokkun. By mistake, he and Sonic and co. arrive there, meeting Christopher Thorndyke, among others. He mainly schemes diabolic plans for world domination but Sonic and his friends frequently stops the doctor's plans and protect humanity. Eventually they had to go back to their world because the alternate universes containing the planets were fusing together, and would only stop if Sonic and co. leave. In the third season his role as the main villain is taken over by the Metarex and their leader Dark Oak, resulting in the doctor having to side with Sonic and his friends in order to stop the Metarex.
In the Sonic Boom franchise, Dr. Eggman is the evil, yet quirky supervillain who constantly menaces Seaside Island with his legions of robots in his quest to take over the earth. From his island fortress, he concocts many evil (and zany) schemes to ensure the fulfillment of his ambitions, the destruction of his enemies or both, with the aid of Orbot and Cubot, but is stopped and beaten at every turn by his arch enemy Sonic and his crew.
Sonic the Hedgehog (manga)
In the Sonic the Hedgehog serialized manga series published by Shogakukan, Dr. Eggman is a long-time arch-nemesis of Sonic the Hedgehog. Early on in the Shogaku Ninensei manga's run, evil doctor has been looking up for him and finally finds out the connection between Nicky and Sonic. His goal is to catch Sonic and make his lackey as part of taking over the world. In CoroCoro Comics Special manga strips, Eggman has army of robot soldiers and Badniks, but he also takes secret alter ego Dogman, a policeman of the Hedgehog Town. As Dogman, he is capable of teaming up with Anton Veruca, the Number One Hooligan in Hedgehog Town.
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series published by Archie Comics, Dr. Robotnik was a heartless, diabolical tyrant who had already conquered most of Planet Mobius. He was good-natured, up until he became power hungry. His plans of conquering Mobius was assured except for the Freedom Fighters, led by Sonic the Hedgehog and Princess Sally.
Sonic the Comic
Ivo Robotnik was created during a laboratory accident involving the goodly scientist Ovi Kintobor, a rotten egg and the Chaos Emeralds. During the series he managed to send Sonic forward in time by six months, during which time he managed to conquer Mobius. Sonic and his friends formed a group of Freedom Fighters with the aim of overthrowing him, of which they eventually did which caused Robotnik to lose his sanity.
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by IDW Publishing, Dr. Eggman is an evil megalomaniacal scientist. In the aftermath of his war against the Resistance for control over the world, he had disappeared. He later resurfaced in an idyllic town, completely amnesiac of previous events. He soon took up the new alias "Mr. Tinker" and started to gain the trust of the villagers, as well as Sonic, but this was quickly shattered when he was reminded of his former self by Dr. Starline. He returned to his evil ways shortly afterwards.
Although the character was designed as Dr. Eggman in Japan since the original Sonic the Hedgehog, he was first known as Dr. Robotnik in Western countries. The name Dr. Ivo Robotnik was invented by Dean Sitton for the original Sonic the Hedgehog English instruction manual (as shown above). The first name 'Ivo' was picked primarily because of the phonetic similarity to the word 'evil' (some drafts of the unpublished Sonic Bible also specify that it should be pronounced "ee-vo", rather than "eye-vo") but also because Sitton's sister at the time had a boyfriend from Croatia named Ivo. In addition, Ivo is the reverse of ovi, which is the genitive singular form of the Latin word ovum, meaning "egg." The term robotnik had been coined earlier as a worker or automaton. Other names were also thought of by Dean Sitton, like Mister Badwrench, Mr. Bad Year, Fatty Lobotnik and Dr. Badvibes. The localization was also used in other officially licensed media (such as Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Comic).
Despite his western name, the name "Eggman" can be found in various games. In turn, the "Robotnik" moniker occasionally reached Japanese shores, such as in the bottom of the SegaSonic the Hedgehog Arcade flyer, the name of Robotnik Winter Zone of Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble, and the banners decorating Spring Stadium Zone in the Sega Saturn edition of Sonic 3D Blast. It was not until Sonic Adventure that Sega of America decided to merge the two names together; this resulted in Eggman being his alias and Robotnik being his true last name. This was subsequently confirmed to be the case by Yuji Naka in an interview.
Since then, he has mostly been known in America as "Eggman", with the use of the name "Robotnik" becoming rare. Sega of America has listed his identity as Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik at least once, and has recognized both the first name Ivo and the last name Robotnik as recently as 2011 in the videogames and 2015 in social media. Despite that, Sega of Japan does not acknowledge an official complete name; the Japanese Sonic Channel lists his full name as unknown, and his in-game profile in Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II lists his real name as a mystery.
- "You fool, away! Before I make mincemeat out of you!"
- —Just before Tails' last boss fight with Eggman in Sonic Adventure.
- "Get a load of this!"
- —Eggman in Sonic Adventure.
- "No way! I can't believe this!"
- —Eggman in Sonic Adventure.
- "He's not going to get away with this!"
- —Eggman in Sonic Adventure.
- "All Systems, Full Power!"
- —Eggman in Sonic Adventure.
- "Oh! I hate that Sonic! He always seems to get in my way!"
- —At the beginning of the final story in Sonic Adventure.
- —Eggman in Sonic Adventure 2, completing a stage.
- "Ah...! I let my guard down..."
- —Eggman in Sonic Adventure 2, after being beaten by Tails in the first Tails vs Eggman battle.
- "No! I can't lose to Tails!"
- —Eggman in Sonic Adventure 2, after being beaten by Tails in the second Tails vs Eggman battle.
- "You're no match for me, you weak little fox!"
- —Eggman battling Tails for the 2nd time in Sonic Adventure 2.
- "Shadow! What are you doing? Hurry and get back here, right now, before the island blows up with you on it!"
- —Eggman to Shadow, right before the bomb on Prison Island goes off in Sonic Adventure 2.
- "No! That's no good! You've spoiled my plan...!"
- —Eggman to Rouge, with 5 seconds left on the clock in Security Hall in Sonic Adventure 2.
- "Better luck next time, fox-boy!"
- —Eggman in Sonic Adventure 2, after beating Tails in the first Tails vs Eggman battle.
- "It's...it's my grandfather...Gerald Robotnik."
- —Eggman in Sonic Adventure 2 when he realizes that the Eclipse Cannon won't fire.
- "This time I'll let you go, but the next time we meet, you might not be so lucky."
- —After Eggman lost to Tails in the Hero's Story of Sonic Adventure 2.
- "If you value your life, you will tell me where Sonic and Tails are!"
- —Eggman threatening Amy at gunpoint in the Dark Side Story of Sonic Adventure 2.
- "Muhahahaha! Guess what Sonic Heroes...? I've finally developed the ultimate weapon! In three days, I will conquer the world. Think you can stop me? Ahahahaha!"
- —Eggman announcing to Team Sonic his plans for world domination at the start of Team Sonic's story in Sonic Heroes.
- "Metal Sonic has finally transformed! (...) It's useless! Metal Sonic has combined your data with the power of Chaos and is super strong! We can't defeat it. Aaa... If only we had the seven Chaos Emeralds!"
- —Eggman in the Last Story of Sonic Heroes just after Metal Sonic transforms into Metal Madness.
- "This is nonsense! You will obey me! Or there will be dire consequences!"
- —Eggman in Shadow the Hedgehog.
- "I'M the one who should rule this world!"
- —Eggman needing to drive the Black Arms out of Earth so he can conquer the world instead in Shadow the Hedgehog.
- "Shadow... can you hear me...? This might be the last chance I have to speak to you, so... What I said, about having created you... it was all a lie. Everyone thought you died during that horrible incident... but I rescued you, with one of my robots... You lost your memories, that's all... You really ARE the Ultimate Life Form my grandfather created!"
- —Eggman confessing his lies to Shadow during the final battle against Devil Doom in Shadow the Hedgehog.
- "You know what they say, the more the merrier"
- —Eggman in the Mad Matrix Egg Breaker battle in Shadow the Hedgehog.
- "You're going to pay for this!"
- —Eggman in Sonic Advance 3.
- "Finally, I've been waiting so patiently for you to return, Princess!"
- —Eggman speaking to Princess Elise in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- "What do ya think of that!"
- —Eggman after scoring full points on shooting in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "How can I let this happen?"
- —Eggman after losing in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "Get out of my way!"
- —Eggman after been over taken in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- "All I can say is that something nearby is generating a massive electromagnetic pulse. That may have forcibly engaged the program in the robot's buffer!"
- —Eggman telling Sonic how his damaged robot is flying in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.
- "The power units are resonating together forming a giant black hole!"
- —Eggman telling Sonic, Jet and friends that the Black Hole is forming in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.
- "(Laughs), Well Sonic, prepare to be sunk!"
- —Eggman before battling the Egg Cauldron for the first time in Tornado Defense Act 1 in Sonic Unleashed.
- "Energy level's dropping? Gaah, what a disaster! RETREAT!"
- —Eggman after defeating the Egg Cauldron in Tornado Defense Act 1 in Sonic Unleashed.
- "(Laughs), Don't think this will be like last time!"
- —Eggman before battling the Egg Cauldron for the second time in Tornado Defense Act 2 in Sonic Unleashed.
- "Gwaaaugh! Sssoniiic! Don't think you've won this!"
- —Eggman after defeating the Egg Cauldron in Tornado Defense Act 2 of Sonic Unleashed.
- "Charged and ready! Begone, hedgepig!"
- —Eggman if the timer for battling the Egg Cauldron for the second time in Tornado Defense Act 2 expires in Sonic Unleashed.
- "Even you won't last long against this one!"
- —One of Eggman's quotes when battling the Egg Dragoon in Sonic Unleashed.
- "Checkmate, Sonic! Hope you've said your goodbyes!"
- —Another of Eggman's quotes when battling the Egg Dragoon in Sonic Unleashed.
- "You little...YOU LITTLE!!"
- —When Eggman takes damage while piloting the Egg Dragoon in Sonic Unleashed. (He only says the phrase a second time in the Wii/PlayStation 2 version.)
- "OH, SHUT UUUUUP!!!"
- —Eggman venting his anger at Orbot in the ending of Sonic Unleashed.
- ""For I, the illustrious Doctor Robotnik, have completely and utterly resigned."
- —Eggman addressing himself as Robotnik for the first time since Sonic Adventure in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- "That's right, Sonic. The great Dr. Robotnik has reformed! Ha ha ha ha ha!"
- —Eggman in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- "It's cute how much you hate me."
- —Eggman to Sonic in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- "The dimensional Buffer is a fine invention. Pity I never got a chance to test it. At least not since that last time. I never did see those pants again."
- —Eggman talking about the Dimensional Buffer in Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood.
- "There is the small issue that a giant floating island crashed into my city knocking out my power grid. *sniff* My beautiful power grid."
- —Eggman mentioning that Angel Island crashed into Metropolis taking out the power in Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood.
- "Lets see what you can do against this!"
- —Eggman after shooting gadgets in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.
- "Would Sonic the Hedgehog please report to the security office? Sonic the Hedgehog please report to the security office. We found your... uh... YOUR KEYS! Yes! That's it, we found your keys. No need to be ready for a trap, since we only want to return your keys."
- —One of Eggman's announcements during the Tropical Resort level in Sonic Colors.
- "Would the owner of a white hovercar shaped like an egg please report to the front desk? Your car has been broken into. Repeat. Would the owner of a white hovercar shaped like an egg please report to the front desk? Your car has been broken in-- wait a minute, what the heck?!"
- —One of Eggman's announcements during the Tropical Resort level in Sonic Colors.
- "Shortly, I will have no need for those idiots. In just a few hours, Sonic's world will be under my control. When it is, it will be the crown jewel of my amusement park; the GREATEST amusement park in the universe! Hoo ho ho! Ouch! I think I gloated so hard I pulled a muscle!"
- —Eggman demanding that he will have the last laugh in Sonic Colors.
- "We know they look delicious, but please refrain from licking the rides. That would be disgusting."
- "One of Eggman announcements in the Sweet Mountain, in Sonic Colors."
- "Curse you, Sonic! Not only do you foil my plans, but you foil my speeches as well! I work hard on them!"
- —After Sonic interrupts his gloating before the final boss fight of Sonic Colors.
- "What I wouldn't give for the maddening silence of space right now."
- —When Cubot was talking nonstop in the after-credit cutscene of Sonic Colors.
- "Hehehe..... ME!"
- —To Orbot and Cubot telling them they the world will only have one thing on its mind, that being himself, from Sonic Colors.
- "You. You... you...YOU! YOU HORRID LITTLE HEDGEHOG!"
- —Just before being defeated in Sonic Colors.
- "No, I want you to get me a cheeseburger and a shake!"
- —Sarcastically answering Orbot in Sonic Colors.
- "Idiot! Get me more aliens!"
- —To Cubot in Sonic Colors.
- "Me? I did nothing at all. Unless shooting him with my mind control cannon that runs on alien energy counts as doing something to him, does it?"
- —Eggman explaining how he controlled Tails in Sonic Colors.
- "Time for a change of pace!"
- —During the Egg Dragoon battle in Sonic Generations.
- "You're not in a position to demand ANYTHING, you nasty little pincushion!"
- —Eggman after being confronted by Classic and Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations.
- "After my most recent setback, I stumbled upon the primordial form of this Unique Creation. Which I discovered had amazing abilities, even I had never been able to master. It could erase time and space. I then had the brilliant idea to use my discovery to undo my previous defeats! In order to perfect it, I needed the help of someone as smart as I am. The only person that smart... is me!"
- —Eggman explaining about what happened after Sonic Colors and he need Robotnik's help to complete the Time Eater.
- "...The world? I'm going to OWN the world when I'm finished with Sonic! (Maniac Laughter, coughs, and then laughs again)"
- —Eggman upon his encounter with Classic and Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations.
- "We'll see who's crazy after I destroy both Sonics ... forever."
- —Eggman's response to Robotnik's reaction to his insane laughter.
- "It's the exact same time as when you asked earlier, and it'll be the exact same time when you ask later. THERE IS NO TIME HERE!"
- —Eggman when Robotnik asks him what time it is at the end of Sonic Generations.
- "Don't get too self-righteous; it'll be YOUR plan pretty soon!"
- —Eggman telling Robotnik what he did, he will do it in the future.
- "That's not a bad idea! I always enjoyed telling people what to do!"
- —Eggman agreeing to Robotnik's idea about going back and getting his teaching degree.
- "Thanks to Sonic, everything's gone "cattywampus!""
- —Eggman explaining how it's Sonic's fault he lost control of the Deadly Six.
- "I don't like working with my most hated enemies any more than you do."
- —Eggman allying himself with Sonic and Tails to stop the Deadly Six.
- "'If you weren't always destroying them, I wouldn't need so many."
- —Eggman explaining to Sonic why he builds so many military factories in Sonic Lost World.
- "I think I liked it better when I was trying to destroy you."
- —Eggman when Tails insults him on the way he designed Cubot's voice chip.
- "Actually, nothing bites more than having to listen to this dreadful conversation."
- —Eggman as Sonic and Tails argue about trusting him to stop the Extractor.
- "As long as I can still strangle a Zeti, my hands are fine."
- —Eggman replying to Orbot after he comments on Eggman hurting his hands.
- "I'll find another conch, and the Zeti will be mine once again. Only next time I'll make them stronger!"
- —Eggman after being defeated by Sonic in Sonic Lost World.
- "WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY MUSTACHE?!"
- —Eggman hearing Orbot and Cubot talking about his halved mustache at the end of Sonic Lost World.
- "You both know you can't defeat me."
- —Eggman speaking to Shadow and Amy.
- "You're history!"
- —Eggman before the player takes him on in Sonic Dash.
- ""Sonic, how I hate him. And all of that loathing has been focused into this invincible instrument of destruction. Every defeat, every humiliation at the hedgehog's hands will be returned a thousand-fold by my unstoppable creation. This is my dream come true. With this invention, I can expand the Eggman Empire across the globe and conquer the world!"
- —Eggman in the introduction of Sonic Forces.
- "Welcome, Sonic! Glad you could make it, for your funeral."
- —Eggman to Sonic after Metropolitan Highway.
- "E.G.G.M.A.N." - Paul Shortino
A potential macrocycle inhibitor of the Sonic hedgehog gene, discovered by a Harvard University research team, was named "Robotnikinin" after Dr. Robotnik. The researchers felt that since Sonic hedgehog was named after the Sega video game character, they should "adhere to the convention" in naming the inhibiting compound after the character's arch-enemy.
Over the years, Dr. Eggman has been used in a variety of merchandise, from collectible pins and plushies to specialized notebooks and clocks.
The character has been well-received, going on to become one of the most well-known villains in gaming. GameDaily ranked him number one on their list of "Top 25 Evil Masterminds of All Time" article, stating "Out of all the evil masterminds in video games, none are more despicable, more cunning, or more menacing". IGN listed him at number nine above Mario-series villain Bowser in their "Top 10 Most Memorable Villains" article, calling him "PETA's videogame public enemy number one", and has also commented that his character is a "pretty clever riff on Teddy Roosevelt" that has added to the attraction of the series. He was featured at number three in a "Reader's Choice" edition of GameSpot's "Top Ten Video Game Villains" article, which noted a massive complaint from fans at his exclusion from the original list. Eggman was also named the 15th most diabolical video game villain of all time by PC World. Game Informer notes that in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, "Eggman's villain ego shows some amusing tarnish after constant defeat at the hands of Sonic."Boy's Life magazine listed "Dr. Eggman / Dr. Robotnik" as number one on their top five video game villains, saying "Two names, one big problem for Sonic the Hedgehog". In the "Top 100 Videogame Villains" of IGN, in 2010, Dr. Eggman was ranked at 11th place.
- Dr. Eggman has blood type B.
- Dr. Eggman has more redesigns than any other character in the whole Sonic series.
- Dr. Eggman is the character with the most deceased voice actors in the entire Sonic franchise, counting Deem Bristow ,Chikao Otsuka, and Hartmut Neugebauer.
- Dr. Eggman's Sonic Channel artwork was the base of two 3D-model poses: first for his Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and again for Sonic Unleashed.
- He is the only character who has retained his English voice actor since 2005, whereas all of the other characters have had their English voice actor changed in 2010.
- In Shadow the Hedgehog, Dr. Eggman is the only ally of Shadow's that appears as a guide for both Dark and Hero missions.
- The "Soda Can" item in Sonic Free Riders has a picture of Dr. Eggman on it.
- The only 3D game he has not made an appearance in was Sonic and the Black Knight.
- An unused line of Omochao's from Sonic Adventure 2 hints at the possibility that Dr. Eggman's mustache may be fake.
- Sega didn't model any eyes for Eggman's 3D model in all games except Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). Eggman's eyes are blue in this.
- An early version of Dr. Eggman (an over-sized Theodore Roosevelt in pajamas) was originally one of the choices to be the main character and even as the hero of the game that would become the first game of the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
- There is an Internet meme from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog where Robotnik's line "Snooping as usual I see" was shortened into "PINGAS". This joke was even used in the Archie comics.
- The name Dr. Ivo Robotnik may be a reference to its appearance as Ivo backwards is Ovi, which means "egg" in Latin.
- "Robotnik" is an actual word, meaning "worker" or "slave" in the Slavic languages. This could explain his preference for using enslaved animals and robots as his minions.
- In the game of Football: Virtua Striker 3, Dr. Eggman appears in a secret team called "FC Sonic" that make up Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy.
- In Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I, the back of the cards in Casino Street Act 2 has Eggman's face on them.
- Eggman is one of the two canon characters throughout the series originally based off of a political public figure (Theodore Roosevelt) let alone a real person. The other is Sonic, whose personality is based off of Bill Clinton.
- On December 3, 2012, a woman actually named Susan Eggman was elected a member of the California State Assembly. And on June 4, 2014, a man actually named Michael Eggman was elected congress representative of Central Valley, California. So now, Dr. Eggman is the only character in the series who is not only based off of a political public figure, but also shares a name with not one, but two.
- His pose for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is very similar to his pose in his artwork for Sonic Colors, only with his hands in different positions.
- Dr. Eggman has a recurring theme (that is not his theme from Sonic Adventure 2). It plays in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Sonic Unleashed (most notably the Eggmanland's hub world theme), Sonic Colors (plays in cutscenes before the boss fights and in the Sonic Simulator; the latter plays the music in an 8-bit remix), and in Sonic Forces. Dr. Eggman has a combined theme in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) with Elise called, "Elise Goes Alone."
- Eggman has a huge fondness for the own food he cooks in Sonic Unleashed, especially his "Poppin' Eggcorn".
- Eggman's ultimate ambitions appear to involve building theme parks despite having ulterior motives. Such cases are Eggmanland in Sonic Unleashed and all the parks in Sonic Colors.
- Although Dr. Eggman himself doesn't appear in the Super Smash Bros. games, he does appear as a trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and is also indirectly alluded to in a Codec conversation, where Solid Snake (voiced in the Japanese versions by Akio Otsuka, who is the son of Chikao Otsuka, who voiced Dr. Eggman) mentions that he "for some reason doesn't like [Sonic]." Coincidentally, Solid Snake's father, Big Boss, was voiced by the late Chikao Otsuka in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (at the time under development), whose character also had a goal similar to one of Eggman's (specifically, Big Boss sought to subject the world to becoming a warzone to allow soldiers freedom, a warrior utopia known as Outer Heaven, similar to Eggman's scientist utopia of the Eggman Empire. Both plans also stemmed as a response to perceived unjust actions against people they looked up to The Boss for Big Boss, and Professor Gerald Robotnik for Dr. Eggman).
- Eggman was the very first human character to ever appear in the Sonic franchise.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Sonic Channel (Japanese). Characters: Eggman. Sega. Archived from the original on 26 May 2019. Retrieved on 3 June 2015.
- ↑ Sonic Battle
- ↑ Sumo Digital (23 February 2010). Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. PlayStation 3. Sega. Area/Level: Dr. Eggman's profile card.
- ↑ Story from the English Sonic the Hedgehog manual
- ↑ "DeanSatan enters the fray!" Post #55 at Sonic Retro Message Board
- ↑ "DeanSatan enters the fray!" Post #79 at Sonic Retro Message Board
- ↑ Sega of America (February 2004). Yuki Naka on Sonic's Past, Present, and Future part 2. Sega of America. Archived from the original on 24 January 2004. “Sega.com: Did Sonic have a hand in changing Dr. Robotnik's name to Dr. Eggman for the United States games? If so, was he trying to make fun of his nemesis? / Yuji Naka: To tell the truth, his name has not changed. Robotnik is his real name and Eggman is a common name taken after his shape. Possibly, it may have been Sonic, who uttered this alias for the first time! I feel, though, Sonic uses this name affectionately, rather than trying to make fun of the doctor.”
- ↑ Sega Genesis / Mega Drive Collection for PSP, Sonic The Hedgehog (1) in-game manual.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog CD (multi-platform) 2011 Release, in-game profile
- ↑ Sonic Team (4 November 2011). Sonic Generations. PlayStation 3. Sega. Cutscene: The Final Battle!. "Classic Tails: Doctor Robotnik! / Classic Eggman: Nobody calls me that anymore."
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog Official Twitter Account.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II (multi-platform), in-game profile
- ↑ Robotnikinin takes on Sonic hedgehog. www.biotechnews.com (19/01/2009). Retrieved on 2009-02-22.
- ↑ Top 25 Evil Masterminds of All Time. GameDaily. Retrieved on 2008-11-29
- ↑ IGN Staff (2006-03-07). Top 10 Tuesday: Most Memorable Villains. IGN. Retrieved on 2008-12-14
- ↑ Where Did Sonic Go Wrong? (February 2009). Retrieved on 2009-02-27.
- ↑ Staff. TenSpot Reader's Choice: Top Ten Video Game Villains. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2008-12-30
- ↑ GamePro Staff (February 2008). The 47 Most Diabolical Video-Game Villains of All Time. PC World. Retrieved on 2008-08-06.
- ↑ Bryan, "Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood: The Time Has Come," Game Informer 187 (November 2008): 130.
- ↑ Sonic Channel (23 June 2006). Official Popularity Poll results (Japanese). Archived from the original on 4 October 2013.
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ap9XgP3Ryc
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69HCRlTXpuE