The ocean is... so nice... Waves are just so... reassuring. So regular. Like... old friends that always come back... sharing familiar conversations.
— Dive, Sonic Universe #93
Dive is a mobian lemming roughly around the height of Espio the Chameleon. He has light purple fur, light pink skin, blue eyes, and round ears. His attire consists of a sky blue scarf, as well as brown gloves, belt and boots.
The Case of the Pirate Princess
While travelling the seas alongside his shipmates, Dive encountered Echo the Dolphin, Razor the Shark, and the Chaotix, all of whom had been captured. In a bold attempt to start a fight, Vector the Crocodile, the Chaotix's leader, grabbed Dive and hurled him halfway across the deck, much to Dive's displeasure. Later, Dive would help Vector secure Echo's convertible, expressing his love for the sea to the detective.
- Dive's name and love for the ocean is most likely a reference to the common myth that lemmings commit mass suicide by jumping off cliffs during migration. The most notable contributer to this misconception is the 1958 Walt Disney movie White Wilderness, in which the film crew staged a mass suicide by pushing lemmings off a cliff via a rotating platform.
- ↑ Ian Flynn on Twitter. Twitter (18 November 2016). Retrieved on 19 November 2016. “Luke Johnston: We know that Opal's a jellyfish, but what species is Dive? / Ian Flynn: Lemming!”
- ↑ Sonic Universe #91, "The Case of the Pirate Princess Part One: Dial "C" for Chaotix"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic Universe #92, "The Case of the Pirate Princess Part Two: The Princess was Shanghaied"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #93, "Letter from the Editor"