New World Saga
Not long after Sonic and his friends' arrival on Earth, the director told the President that they had found Sonic, his friends, and Dr. Eggman. The President demanded they be captured, but the director suggested it would be better to gather information before making a move. They thus dispatched a reconnaissance team to the Southern Sea to watch over Eggman. As for Sonic and his friends, they planned to dispatch another agent over to their house, which was Mr. Steward.
Later, the director, along with the President and co., had a meeting about Dr. Eggman threatening the nation. The director said that Sonic's cooperation was essential because he was the only one who had managed to stop Dr. Eggman's activities. He also adds the they may had a chance of stopping Eggman if Sonic was brought to their side. The President asked if Sonic would negotiate with them and the director replied that they had already verified that he understood the human language and that he would make him agree. The President allowed it and the director thanked him.
Chaos Emerald Saga
Eventually, the director went into a room to see a prototype of the "Beetle" robot. He told a scientist there that the President was waiting and wanted them to complete the Beetles as quickly as possible.
Egg Moon Saga
Shortly after the Emerl incident, the President and co. transmited Sonic's conversations. Rouge stated that finding out where the Seahawk went was important. The director agreed because if it fell into enemy hands, the country's defense would be in danger.
- In the Japanese version of "Chaos Emerald Chaos" and "Fly Spy", the character's name is written in the cast credits as "諜報局長". In Episodes "Emerald Anniversary", "Countdown to Chaos" and "Project: Shadow", his name is written as "諜報局長官". As "諜報" means intelligence and "局長" means head of agency, the four symbol variant can mean either "Intelligence Director", "Intelligence Bureau Chief", and so on. The five symbol variant is closer in meaning to "Intelligence Division Head", where "局" means "Division" and "長官" means "head of section of government". With respect to the United States Cabinet, the Director of Central Intelligence (DCI) appears to be the correct analog.
- Masaki, Hiro (27 September 2003). "Chaos Emerald Chaos". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 4.
- Masaki, Hiro (15 November 2003). "Fly Spy". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 11.
- Houjou, Chinatsu (6 March 2004). "Emerald Anniversary". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 23.
- Shiraishi, Masahiko (5 March 2005). "Map of Mayhem". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 47.