Dinosaurs are ancient reptiles that are extinct in the real world. Dinosaurs and the related pterosaurs, have appeared in the various continuities of the Sonic the Hedgehog series in some form at least once.
In Sonic and the Secret Rings, dinosaurs appear in abundance in Dinosaur Jungle, the second World. All of the dinosaur species featured in the stage include Triceratops, Parasaurolophus, Tyrannosaurus rex, Pteranodon, Stegosaurus, Apatosaurus and Allosaurus.
In other media
Dinosaur-like creatures known as Mobosaurs were the first Mobian species to evolve after the Xorda's destructive attack on the planet. The Mobosaurs were wiped out during the Coming of the Chaos Emeralds, with only three surviving: the Ancient Walkers.
Sonic the Comic
Sonic the Comic features the largest appearance of dinosaurs in the Sonic series so far.
The most often seen dinosaur species were the Kohenyu, who were unintentionally hunted to extinction by the Ancient Echidnas. The remains of the Kohenyu reside in the Kohenyu Graveyard, where the Spirit of the Herd is kept "alive" by the Soul Crystal.
During a series of time-and-dimensional travels with the Ring of Eternity, Amy Rose and Tekno the Canary discovered that life on several worlds, Mobius included, was created by a race of dinosaurs in spacesuits.
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode "Prehistoric Sonic" there only two of them where roboticized by Robotnik's Robot-Transmogrifier Ray. Three famous dinosaur species called: Brontosaurus, T-Rex and Pterodactyl appeared in the
Sonic the Hedgehog (TV series)
In the anime series Sonic X, a mechanical Tyrannosaurus rex was used for a film scene at Filmdom City although when Dr. Eggman chased Sonic into the scene, the doctor crashed against it, causing its head to attach itself to Eggman's Egg Mobile.
In the Sonic Boom television series' episode, "Mech Suits Me", Tails, Amy, Sticks and Knuckles discovered a cave with markings made by the Ancients. There, they found some interesting things. Sticks herself found a Triceratops skull.
- ↑ "Sonic and the Secret Rings"
- ↑ Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 148
- ↑ Tails #3, "Southern Crossover, Part 3"
- ↑ Archie Sonic & Knuckles: Mecha Madness Special
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #69 to #72, "The Graveyard"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #87 to #90, "The Good, the Bad and the Echidna"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #134, "Back in the Special Zone"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #142, "Day One"