DIC Entertainment (pronounced "deek", rendered "DiC") was an international film and television production company that created films and TV series for children and teenagers, the most famous ones being Inspector Gadget, Dennis and Gnasher, Heatcliff, and Madeline. It was founded by Andy Heyward in 1971. They produced a number of animated television shows based on the Sonic the Hedgehog series. The company was eventually acquired by Cookie Jar Group in 2008, with Cookie Jar itself being acquired by DHX Media (now WildBrain) in 2012. In addition, all DIC logos in the company's TV series that would be airing on television after 2008 were replaced with Cookie Jar Group logos, including DIC's trademark soundtrack. One exception was Sonic Underground, which was produced between 1999 and 2000, which had its DIC logo replaced, but retained the company's original soundtrack from its era.
- Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (1993)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (TV series) (1993)
- Sonic Christmas Blast (1996)
- Sonic Underground (1999)
- Barry (23 April 2017). DIC Entertainment, producer of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, has a documentary on Kickstarter. Segabits. Retrieved on 16 February 2018.
- DIC Entertainment at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
|This article or section about the real world is a stub. |
You can help the Sonic News Network by expanding it!