- Not to be confused with Death Egg mk.II from Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II, the Death Egg Mark 2 from Archie Comics, or the distinct Death Egg II from Sonic the Comic.
Quite dissimilar in design to the original Death Egg deployed in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, this battle station has six colorful subsidiary globes connected to the central sphere, as well as an assortment of arm-like apparatus attached.
In order to decide who will pilot Tails' single-seater rocket, the Lunar Fox, up to the Death Egg II, the heroes held a fighting competition, which gives the first eight levels of Sonic the Fighters. The player character then blasts up to the space fortress, where the two final battle arenas are set:
- Death Egg's Eye, where Metal Sonic is fought.
- Death Egg's Hangar, where Dr. Eggman attacks in his E-Mech even while the countdown to explosion gets into its last fifteen seconds.
When Eggman is defeated, the Lunar Fox departs, and the Death Egg II is shown exploding into tiny pieces.
- Due to the overall brevity of Sonic The Fighters' plot and presentation, very little is known about the Death Egg II's purpose or capability.
- The Death Egg II resembles Dr. Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park from Sonic Colors.
- Similar to its predecessor, the Death Egg II bears a strong resemblance to the Death Star from Star Wars.