During the Shattered World Crisis, the Deadly Six were attacked and subjugated by Dr. Eggman through use of the Cacophonic Conch. However, they were subsequently freed from this abuse by Sigma, an artificial intelligence from the year 21XX of Mega Man's World. Grateful to their liberator, the Deadly Six forced Eggman to construct a new body for him, and then supported him in forcing Eggman to continue serving him with the aid of a similarly enslaved Dr. Albert W. Wily.
The Deadly Six were promptly fitted with new armor to enhance their powers, but-demonstrating their treacherous nature-they then turned against Sigma and sought to take control of his growing empire. However, Sigma had anticipated this, and the armor promptly took control of its wearers, making them subservient to Sigma. The six were promptly dispatched to Mega Man's World in the year 20XX and Sonic's World to recruit two more agents for Sigma in the form of the heroes Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man. Zavok, Zeena, and Zor traveled to the surface of Sonic's World to capture Sonic, while Master Zik, Zomom, and Zazz went after Mega Man on Earth.
Zik, Zomom, and Zeena were later dispatched to capture Eggman and Wily after the pair betrayed Sigma by arranging for Sonic Man and M'egga Man to cure each other. They were thwarted due to the interference of Xander Payne, who arrived on the Lost Hex and departed with the doctors via Genesis Portals that he generated. It wasn't long before the Zeti were given another task: leading Sigma's army of Mechaniloids against the Freedom Fighters, Robot Masters, Team Sticks, and Maverick Hunters as they arrived aboard the Sky Patrol. Despite being outnumbered, the heroes began making headway, but the Deadly Six responded by taking control of the robots from the present and future of Earth 20XX and forcing them to attack their comrades. However, their attack was eventually halted by the Egg-Wily Uppity Robot Scrambler Cannon, which freed the robots and destroyed the armor controlling the Zeti. They were then subdued and placed in the brig of the Sky Patrol. They were aboard the craft when it was destroyed by Sigma-2, but these events were later undone by the actions of Xander Payne. As a result, Eggman's invasion of the Lost Hex had never taken place, and he decided to postpone it, thus leaving the Deadly Six alone for the time being.
Sonic Lost World
At some point in the not-too-distant future, Eggman revisited his plot for the Lost Hex. Upon invading the planetoid, he forced the Deadly Six into labor with the Cacophonic Conch. Under Zavok's leadership, the group traveled to the surface below and captured many Mobini for Dr. Eggman's experiments before returning home.
- The design of the Deadly Six were inspired by the Oni of Japanese mythology, a race of demons.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Universe #76, "Worlds Unite! Part One: Across Time and Space"
- ↑ Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles #1, "Mega Man vs Deadly 3"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: Worlds Unite Battles #1, "Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Three of the Armored Deadly Six!"
- ↑ Mega Man #50, "Worlds Unite Part Four: Death and Destruction"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #77, "Worlds Unite! Part Five: Everybody in the Same Boat"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #9, "Worlds Unite! Part Six: Fire in the Sky"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #10, "Worlds Unite Part Ten: Justice Across Worlds"
- ↑ Mega Man #52, "Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights"
- ↑ Sonic Halloween Comic Fest 2013, "Lost World"