- You may be looking for Space Gadget.
Sonic Adventure 2
Crazy Gadget is the fifteenth stage in the hero story of Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and is the penultimate level both overall and playable as Sonic the Hedgehog. The stage takes place in outer space on the Space Colony ARK.
- 1 Description
- 2 Story
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Overview
- 5 Level Up Item
- 6 Missions
- 7 Chao Containers
- 8 Animals
- 9 Big the Cat sighting
- 10 Other game appearances
- 11 In other media
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Music
- 14 Videos
Throughout the stage, Dr. Eggman continuously makes threats to hurt Amy.
Sonic arrived in the main computer room aboard the Space Colony ARK to fulfill his part of the mission of stopping Eggman's plan to dominate the world. Over Sonic's radio, Tails warned Sonic that Amy Rose has been captured by Dr. Eggman, but Tails got cut out and Sonic only heard part of the message. Afterwards, Eggman made an announcement that he had in fact captured Amy, prompting Sonic to run off to save her.
Located in various places are switches that can control gravity. Using these switches, Sonic can get past the numerous obstacles that come his way. There are also rails on the ceiling and different "colored blocks" that float in space. Using the Low Gravity switches will have the player be able to navigate through these blocks. Additionally, the stage is filled with Artificial Chaos and Shield Hunters, making the progression much harder if the player did not obtain the Ancient Light beforehand.
Level Up Item
The Level Up Item for this level is the Flame Ring, which allows Sonic to break Steel Containers. It creates a ring of fire around Sonic as he does the somersault move. This Level Up Item is required to beat the stage.
Hurry and Find Eggman
Collect 100 Rings
This mission is surprisingly easy if the player is able to get by the Artificial Chaos. The best approach is to line Sonic up slightly to its left or right, Spin Dash toward it from a distance, then jump up and perform a Homing Attack just after it is possible to go by it.
To achieve an A Rank, this mission must be completed in under 3:00 minutes.
Find the lost Chao
When the player reaches the red platform out in space, instead of proceeding forward, they should hit the Gravity Control Switch on the left. Doing so places the player on top of the purple platform where the Ancient Ruin is, toward the screen and on the right. They must play the Mystic Melody to make a row of Rings appear, then Light Speed Dash across them and push forward on the Control Stick to reach the top of the red platform where the lost Chao waits.
To achieve an A Rank, this mission must be completed in under 5:00 minutes.
Reach the goal within 5:00
The player should avoid attacking any unnecessary enemies and straying for any Rings. They must be going full-tilt almost constantly to reach the Goal Ring in less than five minutes. Fortunately, there is one shortcut. The player should first get to the room with two doors after crossing the bottomless pit via the Light Speed Dash. From there, there is a red beam with rotating iron balls between it and Sonic, and another door below it. The player must jump over the iron balls and perform a Homing Attack while in midair to defeat the nearby enemy, then go through the door ahead that opens. As a second door opens on the opposite side, they should jump off and perform another Homing Attack to land near the Rings below it.
Clear Hard mode
There are some changes that have been made in Hard Mode:
- After the High-speed warp tube, when the player reaches the gap filled with the green energy fluid, there is a Spring Beetle that bounces the player up. Before said enemy, there is a Float Type now.
- Immediately afterward, after the player activates the Gravity Control Switch and walks on the roof, the Spring that is supposed to bounce the player up is replaced with a series of Indestructible Containers that the player must jump from and use as steps.
- The room with three Gravity Control Switches now has two switches instead, and the left switch leads to the correct path.
- After riding the second warp tube, Sonic is dropped on the floor instead of the ceiling. The path over the green energy fluid has a Grind Rail, two Spark Beetles, and two Mono Beetles here.
- The way to the shaft up in front is now done by a staircase of rails and Indestructible Containers.
- After the shaft, the path of Rings over the energy plant gap which one must cross using the Light Speed Dash, is now filled with Spark Beetles.
- When the player approaches a room with two doors up and down, the red beam leading to the top door is now protected by two laser beams.
- Out in space, the switch to activate the rocket at the end of the stage has been moved to beneath an Indestructible Container at the end of the green platform.
To achieve an A Rank, the player must get a total of 15000 Points in the stage's score.
- After passing through the first Point Marker, the player should look at the middle of the floor to find the first Chao Container.
- After obtaining the Flame Ring Level-Up item, the player should keep walking toward the screen, and they will soon come to a pit of green energy fluid with rails above it to either side. They must grind on one of the rails to get across the pit, and the player should find the second Chao Container on the other side.
- Soon after exiting the third High-speed warp tube, the player will come to a room containing a long red beam with swinging iron balls and a beetle atop it. They must walk along the beam, jump over the balls and perform a Homing Attack on the beetle to reach the door on the other side. The player should lip the Gravity Switch behind this door to walk along the ceiling, then launch the missile just ahead to open an alcove with the third Chao Container inside.
Big the Cat sighting
Big is standing on the left side of the yellow platform located near the end of the stage. The player can get the best shot of him while grinding down the rail on the yellow platform.
In Hard Mode, Big is located on the underside the blue platform near the end of the stage.
Other game appearances
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
In Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Crazy Gadget is featured as the setting of the Dream Trampoline event.
In other media
- The Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure 2 had boxes with a green cross on them. They were re-colored red in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, presumably to avoid potential copyright problems with Microsoft's then-recently released Xbox console since the cross in the Xbox logo was green.
- If the player arrives in the colorful platform room in less than four minutes, Eggman will not threaten Sonic a second time.
- After the third checkpoint, there is an area of the green energy fluid that needs to be crossed by using Homing Attack on four Spark Beetles. After passing them, the player must perform a mid-air Light Speed Dash or fall into certain death. In all future re-releases of Sonic Adventure 2, a rail and Spring were added down below.
- This stage makes a return in Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. It is where the Dream Trampoline event is held.
- The announcer of the ARK is female on the Japanese audio and is male in the English audio.
|Unstable World ...for Crazy Gadget||Jun Senoue||2:51|