When performing Copycat, Metal Sonic scans the opponent, making several robotic noises, and then performs the opponent's Signature Move depending on the opponent Metal Sonic is facing:
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic Boom
- Shadow the Hedgehog - Chaos Control
- Silver the Hedgehog - ESP
- Knuckles the Echidna - Hammer Punch/Knuckle Slam
- Rouge the Bat - Bat Guard
- Espio the Chameleon - Chroma Camo
- Miles "Tails" Prower - Tail Copter
Copycat made its first appearance in Sonic Rivals. In order to perform Copycat in the gameplay, they player has to obtain a Star Power-Up which is located throughout the stage. The player then has to press to activate this move.
Sonic Rivals 2
Copycat returned in Sonic Rivals 2 as Metal Sonic's Signature Move again, and as well as that of Metal Sonic 3.0. To perform Copycat in the gameplay, the player must have Metal Sonic's Signature Meter completely filled, which can be done by collecting Rings, defeating enemies or boosting. Once the Signature Meter is filled, the player has to press to activate Copycat.