- You may be looking for Clucker, or Cluckoid. For the character in the Archie Comics, see Cluck, and for the Sonic Spinball enemy, see Cluckbird.
Cluck is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog television series. He is a mechanical bird and the pet robot of Dr. Robotnik. He can often be found sitting on the chair of his master or on his master's shoulder.
Cluck is a mechanical bird resembling a rooster. He has gray-white armor with red details, including a comb on the head and tail feathers. Cluck also has a pair of wings and legs, a sharp beak with serrated edges, and red eyes with black pupils.
Once, Cluck accompanied Dr. Robotnik on his return to Robtropolis. After they came back, Cluck snapped at Snively until Snively pulled out a remote and used it to pop one of Cluck's eyes out of its socket. However, it soon retracted back into place. Cluck then turned to Robotnik, who adjusted his head for him by turning it several times. Cluck was later present during Dr. Robotnik's speech to his troops, where he revealed his plan to find the location of Knothole Village by destroying the trees in the Great Forest using special chemicals. He then teased Snively, although Snively kept him at bay by threatening him with his remote. Later, Cluck accompanied Robotnik when he went in pursuit of Sonic and Tails. The next day, together with the doctor, Cluck watched the Buzz-Bombers' unsuccessful invasion of the Great Forest.
Cluck later sat in the chair of Dr. Robotnik. There, he began to crow at Snively, who brought a new prisoner before Robotnik. He was later stroked by the doctor when he ordered Snively to deploy a Stealthbot. Some time after, Cluck would be stroked by Dr. Robotnik while he created the Sallybot and watched Snively prepare Sally for roboticization.
Eventually, Cluck would bother Snively during his work. Later on, he accompanied Dr. Robotnik to the Forbidden Zone. After the doctor returned with Lazaar's Computer and used it to teleport Sally to his location, Sally tried to run away. Cluck, however, flew behind her and began packing at her, thus distracting Sally while the Swat-Bots caught. When Sonic later took Lazaar's Computer from Robotnik, Cluck flew in from behind the hedgehog and tried to take the computer from him. While Cluck managed to make Sonic drop the computer for Robotnik to catch, Sonic soon caught the device and escaped with it. Afterward, Robotnik told Cluck of how much he hated Sonic.
Some time after, Dr. Robotnik was tightening one of Cluck's screws when Robotropolis' power generator got destroyed. Cluck would later screeched at Snively and a certain Swat-bot when they returned from their failed mission to destroy the Great Forest. Later, Cluck sat on Robotnik's chair as he watched the destruction of Robotnik's Sky Spy space station. Some time after, Cluck would accompany Robotnik on his trip to the Island of Nimbus. There, he would screeched at Sally, Antoine, and Bunnie, who had been taken prisoners by Robotnik. Another time after that, Cluck sat on Robotnik's shoulder when he explained his plan to catch the Terapods to Snively.
Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
Cluck makes his only video game appearance in Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball and Sonic Spinball (8-bit), where he is a type of Badnik that is called Cluckbirds. Cluckbirds are a recurring Badnik enemies, which are featured in Toxic Caves/Toxic Pools, Lava Powerhouse, and The Machine.
Cluck is Robotnik's most beloved possession, despite apparently serving no practical use. Because of this, Cluck is fond of Robotnik, being fiercely loyal to him, and attacking anyone who approaches him. Cluck is also bestial and unable to talk, only capable of clucking, screeching and crowing.
Powers and abilities
Cluck is capable of wing-borne flight. His beaks also appears to have a number of sharp teeth, which may hurt if he bites someone.
Cluck is very affectionate and loyal to his master. Dr. Robotnik himself also appeared to adore Cluck, even defending him when Sally slandered his species' name. In fact, Cluck is the only being which Dr. Robotnik has showed any attachment to and compassion for.
In other media
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, Cluck was one of Dr. Robotnik's earliest Badniks. Like the television series, he was faithful to his master. Early on in the series, he was also capable of speech, unlike his television series counterpart.
- Cluck did not appear any episode of the second season of Sonic the Hedgehog television series, nor is he mentioned.
- Janson, Len (11 December 1993). "Heads or Tails". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 13. ABC.
- Janson, Len (18 September 1993). "Sonic Boom". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 1. ABC.
- Allee, Pat; Hurst, Ben (25 September 1993). "Sonic and Sally". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 2. ABC.
- Dennis, Jules (16 October 1993). "Super Sonic". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 5. ABC.
- Janson, Len (23 October 1993). "Sonic Racer". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 6. ABC.
- Rogel, Randy (30 October 1993). "Hooked on Sonics". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 7. ABC.
- Villaire, David (6 November 1993). "Harmonic Sonic". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 8. ABC.
- Santopadre, Frank (13 November 1993). "Sonic's Nightmare". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 9. ABC.
- Kuch, Kayte; Scarborough, Sheryl (4 December 1993). "Sonic Past Cool". Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 12. ABC.