[Scene: Village, day]
- Amy: Building takes teamwork, and a team needs a coach, and that's me! Sonic, hold that support strut horizontal.
- Sonic: Since I'm the judge of this year's chili dog cookoff, I don't think I should help. I have to stay impartial.
- Amy: No stage, no contest. No contest, no chili dogs to judge.
- Sonic: Tails, Knuckles, get to it. [They catapult Sonic into Amy.]
- Amy: I don't have time for this. I need Tails to prep the collar planks, and Knuckles to get the joist hangers, and Sticks to get more sticks.
- Tails: Ta-da! [the stage is now complete]
- Knuckles: Thanks for keeping Amy busy so we could finish.
- Sonic: Anything for a free chili dog.
- Amy: [notices that there is a banana sticking out of the stage] What's that?
- Tails: Don't! That's a load-bearing banana.
- [She pulls the banana out, and the stage collapses.]
- Amy: Who builds with a banana?
- Knuckles: Only a total dumb-dumb. [takes a bite out of a plank] Bananas give me splinters in my gums.
- Amy: That's it. I'll build the stage myself.
- [Later, the stage is complete.]
- Amy: Ha! And that, my friends, is a stage. Guys?
[Scene change: Meh Burger, day]
- Tails: [to Knuckles] If you win, I'll wear the trophy upside down on my head like a hat for a year.
- Knuckles: No way! My trophy, my hat.
- Sonic: No. Knuckles, I think he's trying to ... [sighs] just wear the hat.
- Dave: Eat 'em and weep, losers. I'm winning this year's cookoff with my super-secret chili recipe.
- Sonic: [takes a bite] Ketchup, wasabi, and chunks of expired pigeon meat.
- Dave: Lucky guess.
- Amy: [walks up and sits with them] I finished the stage. Praise me.
- Sonic: Thanks, Amy.
- Knuckles: Nice job.
- Sticks: Can it be used as a flotation device in the event of a water landing? [they stare] We'll see who's staring when that thing lands in the ocean!
- Knuckles: We don't need a judging stage. I've got the contest in the bag. [places a small wooden box on the table]
- Tails: I thought you said it was in the bag.
- Knuckles: [opens the box, revealing a blue drawstring bag] Yeah, who am the smart one now? That's a rhetorical question, by the way. The answer is, of course, me am. [pulls a smaller box out of the bag and opens it, revealing an orange and black striped pepper] My secret weapon. A one-of-a-kind pepper.
- [They sigh.]
[Scene change: Village, day]
- [Mrs. Vandersnout is shown selling peppers.]
- Mrs. Vandersnout: One-of-a-kind peppers! Get your one-of-a-kind peppers.
- [Sticks clears her throat; Sticks, Amy, Tails, and Knuckles are holding identical peppers. Sonic is eating a chili dog.]
- Sticks: You told us dese were one-of-a-kind peppers.
- Mrs. Vandersnout: I never said they were one-of-a-kind peppers.
- Delivery ox: [walks up, carrying a crate] Here's another crate of those peppers you're selling as "one-of-a-kind". [he trips and spills the peppers; they are all the same kind] Ah, don't even worry about it. I got another 20 crates on the truck.
- Mrs. Vandersnout: Well, that was poorly timed. I suppose you want a refund. I'll just get your money. I keep it in a place called... tough luck, losers!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.