The Child Monkey is a humanoid monkey slightly taller than Stratford. He has light brown fur with brown spots on his head, orange eyes, and tan skin around his mouth and eyes, on his belly and inside his ears. He also has a slightly small torso, a long tail, a flat nose, and a large round head with round ears. For attire, he wears white gloves, green wrist bands, a red one strap backpack, large baggy green socks, and reddish grey shoes with red soles.
In the Archie Comics, the Child Monkey has black/blue eyes, blue and white shoes, white socks, and a blue and yellow backpack.
While in the Village Center, the Child Monkey got attacked by Fire Bot until Team Sonic beat the robot. In the period that followed, the Child Monkey would go to Meh Burger a few times, drop by the Village Center where he one time saw Orbot and Cubot put on a terrible street act, and visit T.W. Barker's Circus of Wonders for a show.
As the Child Monkey was having candy with Stratford, Dr. Eggman would fry their treats, and the pair took turns laughing at each other's misfortune. He also went to see a large ball of twine where he was saved from a rockslide by Sonic. When out during the night, the Child Monkey came under attack by Eggman and his Moth Bot which Team Sonic took down. Later on, the Child Monkey was stopped from trying some tomato sauce Eggman was selling by Sonic, who thought the sauce was tainted, until Eggman disproved him. As the Child Monkey carried on with his business though, Eggman did turn out to be up to no good.
Following a visit at Meh Burger, the Child Monkey and the villagers got attacked by rampaging Eggman robots deployed by the Lightning Bolt Society, until Team Sonic and Eggman stopped the attack. The Child Monkey later sought a place to eat when he got involved in the Battle of the Buns between Chez Amy and Meh Burger. Over the next period, he regularly switched between these establishments, depending on their gimmicks, before settling at Chez Amy until Eggman destroyed it. Eventually, the Child Monkey met Swifty the Shrew and was enthralled by his hipness. As such, he rooted for Shifty in his race against Sonic, who lost and got banished from the Village as stated by the rules. No sooner though, the Child Monkey was betrayed by Swifty when was revealed to be Eggman's robot agent. However, the Child Monkey and the villagers were saved from Eggman's Swifty army by Sonic when he returned. The Child Monkey subsequently made his way to Sticks' Burrow for a yard sale, where he purchased a comic.
While Knuckles served as deputy mayor, the Child Monkey visited him several times to have bills approved. However, he soon saw the village fall into chaos from Knuckles' abuse of power. The Child Monkey later got involved in a scene Eggman was shooting for a movie, where he escaped Obliterator Bot with the Old Monkey. A few days later, he came to said movie's premiere at Eggman's lair which was a failure on Eggman's behalf when the movie failed to enslave the audience with hypnotism. The Child Monkey was thus sent away with the rest.
Upon hearing that Sonic had called Mike the Ox "just a guy", the Child Monkey believed Sonic to be insensitive and reprimand him alongside fellow-minded villagers until he retired. As the Lightning Bolt Society began harassing the villagers though, the Child Monkey's attempts to get Sonic's help failed. When the Child Monkey got caught in a sheep stampede started by the Lightning Bolts though, he was saved by Sonic, who then handled the Lightning Bolts, the sheep and an Eggman attack, making the Child Monkey realize he was wrong about Sonic. No sooner though, he was insulted by Willy Walrus. Another time in the Village, the Child Monkey saw Dave the Intern's sad attempt to use Octopus Bot for an attack on Sonic. With the arrival of New Year's Eve, the Child Monkey attended the party in the Village Center. Amidst this, Eggman used his Slow Motion Machine to slow down time long enough for him to beat Sonic in something before New Year, though the Child Monkey did not see Eggman's victory as it occurred too fast for him to notice it.
Witnessing Eggman's trouble at the post office, the Child Monkey fled as the doctor summoned Decimator Bot. He soon after had a laugh when he saw Tails dance in the Village Center, but fled as Eggman's forces began an attack. The Child Monkey later went to see Bro-Down Showdown live in the Village Center, but ran to safety when Obliterator Bot attacked the Village. Coming to Comedy Chimp's autograph signing afterwards, the Child Monkey and Stratford were unimpressed by Comedy Chimp's outdated headshots. As Knuckles' later became a celebrity for his trash can trend, the Child Monkey would adore Knuckles and pick up his trend himself during Knuckles' time of fame. The Child Monkey later joined a tour to Eggman's lair where he saw Sonic being accused of thievery, much to his shock.
At the Robot Battle Royale arrived, the Child Monkey participated and easily overcame Knuckles' Vacuu-Fan 2000, but lost to Tails' Hypnobot. Resuming his visits to Meh Burger, the Child Monkey would soon attend Puppy Con, where he saw Dave the Intern being arrested for causing a rockslide which Eggman had framed him for. He would soon after attend Meh Burger again.
Eventually, the Child Monkey and the villagers were attacked by Eggman's new Obliterator Bot. Fortunately, Team Sonic beat it, and the Child Monkey hailed the heroes as they got the Greatest Role Model of All Time Award. He and Stratford later saw the team fight Eggman again, but D.B. Platypus limited their options to have them appear as good role models for the Child Monkey (which he did not agree with). Fortunately, the Child Monkey was taken somewhere else by Sticks so Team Sonic could fight back. Afterwards, he came to watch A Rose Without Thorns, a play put on by Team Sonic. Though the Child Monkey enjoyed the play, a storm broke out after the finale, and he took Sonic's offer to seek shelter in Amy's House. On his next trip to the Village Center, the Child Monkey saw Knuckles and the new villain Charlie duke it out, with Knuckles emerging victorious. When the Child Monkey and Stratford later visited the Ice Cream Vendor, T.W. Barker attacked with Octopus Bot, making them run to safety.
A fan of Tommy Thunder, the Child Monkey came to the movie star's latest movie promotion. Although he fled when Dr. Eggman attacked, he returned to hail Team Sonic's victory over Eggman. The Child Monkey also showed up to hail Tommy after he "beat" Obliterator Bot. After watching the opening of the new scissor factory, the Child Monkey would come to see Sticks' interviews after she got a popular TV news gig. As Sticks admitted she had sold herself out to the media though, the Child Monkey was inspired by the repentant Sticks to "fight the power." He and the villagers thus began a random revolt before getting calmed and directed into destroying Eggman's latest device when he showed it.
The Child Monkey was later in the Village Center where he, to his bewilderment, saw Sonic travel to another plane of existence. He would soon after attend Career Day to hear other people elaborate on their careers. While subtly hypnotized by Dreamcaster's TV broadcasts, the Child Monkey angrily faced Sticks when she disturbed him with her unlikely story about Dreamcaster on TV. The Child Monkey soon after became Dr. Eggman's zombie slave, who had him and the hypnotized villagers build a world-controlling satellite. He would later attack Sticks when she came to the rescue, but was freed when Team Sonic foiled Eggman's plan. When Tails later made a Village defense against Eggman, the Child Monkey would praise the fox at his trophy ceremony until Eggman arrived through a hole in the defense. With Tails' defense backfiring while Eggman was stopped, the Child Monkey would scorn Tails afterward.
The Child Monkey eventually visited Dr. Eggman's job fair, but declined his job offer at Eggman Industries. He was later inspired to buy some Fuzzy Puppy figurines from Orbot and resell one of them to a mystery buyer, unaware that Orbot was manipulating him. When Knuckles then paid him a visit, the Child Monkey would eject the echidna's request to join his family. Another time, he was among the villagers as they calmed down from rioting following a power outage. At a town meeting, the Child Monkey later learned that their village was named after Sticks' evil ancestor, Jebediah Badger. As a vote between Amy and Eggman's propositions for a new town name then came underway, the Child Monkey got enticed by Eggman's campaign. After voting at the referendum however, which Eggman used to get elected as Village leader, the Child Monkey saw Eggman attempt to destroy the Village, only to have his plan ruined and power revoked by Team Sonic. The Child Monkey also showed up at Mr. Slate's unveiling of the Fregosi Sapphire, but ran away when Eggman appeared to steal the gemstone.
Joining the Science Fair Awards with an artificial volcano, the Child Monkey lost to Beth the Shrew. However, he gladly accepted his participation trophy afterwards. He would also later praise Tails as a hero when it looked like the fox had proven Muckfoot's existence with a photo, before taking part in Muckfoot Mania. Taking a trip to the beach afterward, the Child Monkey would play with other kids there. Following that, the Child Monkey got caught at Meh Burger when Eggman's malware-infected robots went on an unparalleled blitzkrieg in the Village. As the attack continued, the Child Monkey would cower in fear until Knuckles inspired him to help Team Sonic and the villagers fight the robots. Ultimately, the Village prevailed when the robots withdrew. The Child Monkey later became a fan of the Lightning Bowler Society after seeing them beat the Pin Dashers. He thus came to the Lightning Bowlers' next public appearance as the team rose to stardom. Going to "Eggman Towers" soon after, the Child Monkey would roughhouse with the Stratford in the lobby. When local gossip then revealed that Dr. Eggman was no doctor, the Child Monkey began seeing him as a joke. He thus joined the villagers in mocking Eggman during the scientist's next trip to the Village, although Eggman later got a real doctorate.
Late one evening, the Child Monkey would wait in line to visit T.W. Barker's Haunted Forest. He would also try to visit Barker's newly-acquired "haunted lair" a few days later. However, he forwent the lair when he heard Eggman, who got tossed out of the lair, rant about it being a hoax. The Child Monkey was later among those villagers that Cubot, who had gone crazy, took towards space using his new gravity-controlling powers. Thanks to Sonic and Tails though, the Child Monkey was brought down to earth again before he died from asphyxia. Some time after, the Child Monkey went to the rec center where he had a good time. After the rec center got closed, he went to see a soccer match between Team Sonic and Team Cybonic that would decide the rec center's fate. When Team Sonic won, Mayor Fink declared that the rec center would be reopened at the cost of the library, much to the Child Monkey's joy. Getting into Scrambler after that, the Child Monkey was able to attend an exclusive promotional event through it. Soon after, the Child Monkey went to Meh Burger again.
Some time after, the Child Monkey came across Eggman, who at the time had a condition that turned him into an cute creature whenever he got angry, in the Village Center. There, he saw Eggman get teased by the villagers. Visiting later the Ice Cream Vendor, the Child Monkey had his order served to him by the Ice Cream Vendor's new employee, D-Fekt. The Child Monkey soon after bought the new Tommy Thunder video game. After that, he went on a scroll, only to run for the hills when Shadow showed up and began beating up Tails and Knuckles.
The Child Monkey was among the villagers attending Dr. Eggman's Eggtoberfest. While the Child Monkey participated in the carnival however, Eggman grew vengeful over the villagers' dislike of him and set his army loose on them, which Team Sonic then stopped.
Like a regular child, the Child Monkey is playful and energetic. However, he displays a childish lack of manners and sense of mischievousness, namely by laughing openly at others' minor misfortunes and gleefully roughhousing with other children without concern for the damage he causes to others' property.
The Child Monkey is perceptive, easily recognizing that Team Sonic was letting themselves lose a battle in an attempt to be better role models to him. Incidentally, he can also be very critical and skeptic, like when he thought Comedy Chimp's headshot was not of Comedy Chimp himself due to how misrepresentative it was. He has also displayed a snarky attitude.
- The Child Monkey wears the same backpack as Stratford.
- Colleen OShaughnessy on Twitter. Twitter (18 March 2017). Retrieved on 18 March 2017. “miimeks: Can you all say "What in tarnation"? As the characters of course..! / Colleen OShaughnessy: "What in Tarnation?" Said it as Tails, Zoey, Beth, Charlie's wife, Old Lady Wolf & Child Monkey”
- Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (18 December 2015). Retrieved on 18 December 2015. “Zack Dias: What the real name of the monkey child? / Bill Freiberger: We refer to him in scripts as Child Monkey.”
- Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (28 January 2017). "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 64. Boomerang.
- Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 November 2014). "Double Doomsday". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 7. Cartoon Network.
- Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (28 February 2015). "Aim Low". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 15. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- Trueheart, Eric (17 July 2015). "Closed Door Policy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 31. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (17 October 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (31 October 2015). "Cabin Fever". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 50. Cartoon Network.
- Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.
- Freiberger, Sam (26 November 2016). "Nutwork". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 55. Boomerang.
- Grenier, Benoit (3 December 2016). "Alone Again, Unnaturally". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 56. Boomerang.
- Lieblich, Doug (10 December 2016). "The Biggest Fan". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 57. Boomerang.
- Shriver, Pauk (31 December 2016). "In the Midnight Hour". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 60. Boomerang.
- Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (7 January 2017). "Multi-Tails". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 61. Boomerang.
- Beardmore, Marie (14 January 2017). "Strike!". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 62. Boomerang.
- Grenier, Benoit (21 January 2017). "The Evil Dr. Orbot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 63. Boomerang.
- Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.
- Grenier, Benoit (11 March 2017). "Unnamed Episode". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 70. Boomerang.
- Robinson, Cindy (25 March 2017). "Give Bees A Chance". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 72. Boomerang.
- Sellner, Joelle (1 April 2017). "Mombot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 73. Boomerang.
- Burke, Kevin; Wyatt, Chris (8 April 2017). "Muckfoot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 74. Boomerang.
- Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (22 April 2017). "Eggman's Brother". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 76. Boomerang.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- Saisselin, Peter (10 June 2017). "Lightning Bowler Society". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 83. Boomerang.
- Freiberger, Sam (1 July 2017). "Inn Sanity". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 86. Boomerang.
- Freiberger, Sam (8 July 2017). "Mister Eggman". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 87. Boomerang.
- Joly, Sandrine (15 July 2017). "The Haunted Lair". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 88. Boomerang.
- Beardmore, Marie (29 July 2017). "Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 90. Boomerang.
- Freiberger, Sam (5 August 2017). "Victory". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 91. Boomerang.
- Saisselin, Peter (2 September 2017). "Chain Letter". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 95. Boomerang.
- Gutierrez, Freddie (30 September 2017). "Three Minutes or Less". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 97. Boomerang.
- Grenier, Benoit (21 October 2017). "Don't Make Me Angry". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 100. Boomerang.
- Pontac, Ken; Graff, Warren (4 November 2017). "Return to Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 102. Boomerang.
- Derrien, Jean-Christophe (11 November 2017). "Eggman: The Video Game Part 1". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 103. Boomerang.
- Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"