Why are you talking to me? I do not understand. Did I call you over? No. Did I look like I was calling you? No. I am just trying to prepare a decent meal, for the poor culinary-devoid workers.
— Chef Woody, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
Chef Woody is a character who appears in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. He is an anthropomorphic beaver and a French master chef who has prepared nearly every dish in the world and seen every kitchen. He works as the chef for the miners at Cliff's Excavation Site.
Chef is a very large and burly humanoid beaver just above Knuckles' height. He has large arms, yet relatively short legs, a dark grey beaver tail, a pair of small triangular ears, buck teeth and a large black snout. He has mostly coffee-colored fur with dark tan fur around his muzzle and sand-colored eyes.
His attire consists of a white double-breasted jacket with the sleeves torn off, a red neckerchief, a slim white toque, white gloves and black shoes with white gaiters.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
Joining Cliff's expedition to an excavation site to uncover the remnants of the Ancients, Woody was responsible for the miners' food. At some point, he found a Power Glyph which he initially assumed it was a medal for his cooking.
Eventually, Destruction Troops began stealing the food supplies, cutting Woody off from his ingredients. Meeting Team Sonic, Woody asked them to get rid of the robots, though he took great offense when Knuckles assumed he was a waiter. After Team Sonic got rid of the robots, Woody gave them his Power Glyph as a reward.
Chef Woody is a true perfectionist of his craft and wants no person or thing to come between him and the perfect dish. He is graceful and eloquent by nature, yet hot blooded in the name of cuisine. Because of his fierce dedication, he often comes off as extremely grumpy and does not take any insults to his dignity lightly.
Powers and abilities
Chef Woody is a master chef in gastronomy with the highest level of skills and experience, as he has prepared nearly every dish in the world and seen every kitchen.
- "I don't have time for you right now. I have pies in the oven. Please come back later when I have more time!"
- —Chef Woody, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
- "You did it? My food is saved? Thank you! I want to give you something. I thought I won a meal for my cooking, sadly it was not. I do not know what it is. Actually, I found it. That doesn't make it any less special as a reward! Here, take it."
- —Chef Woody rewarding Team Sonic with a Power Glyph, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
- Chef Woody is one of two characters in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric to call Knuckles a lobster, the other being Pokey.