- For the version of this subject before the Super Genesis Wave, see Chaos energy (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
Chaos energy is a force that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a type of mystical energy that stems from the Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds.
Chaos energy is a mystical energy that can be found within the Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds. However, it is possible for Chaos energy to exist within other sources, such as Chaos, who is a being made of liquid Chaos energy. This energy can be used for a number of applications, such as powering machinery, empowering beings, or warping time and space itself.
By tapping into Chaos energy, it is possible for individuals to gain access to unique abilities such as Chaos Control, or to achieve transformations known as "Super-States". These transformations greatly increase the innate powers of the individual and also provide them with new abilities, the most common of which are flight and invulnerability. By using Tikal's Prayer, it is possible to increase one's access to Chaos energy. Shadow the Hedgehog can also increase his Chaos energy intake by removing his Inhibitor Rings.
There exist a handful of methods for certain individuals to track Chaos energy. The first is Knuckles the Echidna's innate "emerald radar", which allows him to track Chaos energy within a limited range. Opposite to that, the Mystic Melody allows its user to detect Chaos energy over a long distance. There are also machines that are designed to detect Chaos energy.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #268, "Champions Part One: The Gang's All Here"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #286, "Panic in the Sky Part Three: Colossal Crash"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #68, "Total Eclipse Part Two: Tipping Point"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #70, "Total Eclipse Finale: Last Resort"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #62, "Shadow Fall Part Four: A Matter of Survival
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Sonic Universe #64, "The Great Chaos Caper Part Two: The Usual Suspects"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #272, "A Ray of Hope"