The Chaos Emeralds are objects that appear in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by IDW Publishing. They are seven gemstones from Sonic's world with ties to the Master Emerald that hold incredible power.
Powers and traits
The Chaos Emeralds' power can be harnessed to empower various entities, such as living beings, and power machinery. Harnessing all seven Chaos Emeralds will bestow a person with a Super State, a form that grants increased innate talents and other powers.
Sonic and Dr. Eggman have had numerous past encounters that involved them battling for possession of the Chaos Emeralds. The Emeralds have also been used by Sonic to achieve his Super State. At some point, all seven Chaos Emeralds were secured by Dr. Starline for Dr. Eggman.
Battle For Angel Island
Starline eventually presented the Chaos Emeralds to Eggman as his "apprenticeship application", prompting an impressed Eggman to take Starline in as his newest lackey.
For Eggman's new flying fortress, the Faceship, the Chaos Emeralds were used as the ship's power generator. Eggman in particular had the Emeralds fashioned above his throne in the command room of the Faceship to keep them close at hand.
- The Chaos Emeralds are based on the objects of the same name from the Sonic the Hedgehog video games.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #4, "Fallout, Part 4"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Sonic the Hedgehog #8, "Silent Support"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Sonic the Hedgehog #12, "The Cost of the Battle for Angel Island"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #9, "The Battle for Angel Island, Part 1"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #16, "Infected"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #5, "The Fate of Dr. Eggman, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #11, "The Battle for Angel Island, Part 3"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #17, "Plague"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #18, "Victims"