Chaos Control is a technique that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a technique for controlling the power of Chaos energy, usually for warping time and space or imitating other Chaos Powers.
Chaos Control is an ability that allows the user to manipulate or warp the fabric of space and time using Chaos energy. The power of Chaos Control can be increased depending on the number of Chaos Emeralds added to its usage, meaning that the more Chaos Emeralds that are used in the process, the greater is the extent that the user can warp space and time. Likewise, its effects can be molded into affecting reality in a multitude of manners; with seven Chaos Emeralds included in its usage, Chaos Control is capable of rewriting the very existence of an entire multiverse.
Chaos Control is initiated by tapping into the powers of the Chaos Force. This can be done by using the Chaos Emerald, although beings with a natural link to the Chaos Force, such as Shadow the Hedgehog or the Brotherhood of Guardians, can induce Chaos Control without Chaos Emeralds.
Chaos Control is foremost associated with its ability to manipulate space, which is usually used to create warps that teleport the user instantaneously from one place to another. The user can also bring others with them when warping, warp objects to other locations without going with them, or form portals to different locations. Those that can naturally use Chaos Control are only able to warp relatively short distances, but with one Chaos Emerald, at least three people can teleport between zones.
The secondary use of Chaos Control is its ability to manipulate the flow of time. More proficient users are even able to freeze people in time for up to several decades without a Chaos Emerald.
The Chaos Blast is an incredibly powerful attack that shoots beams of destructive Chaos energy in various directions once unleashed. Shadow has only been seen using it after becoming Chaos Shadow. The attack is powerful enough to completely decimate New Mobotropolis.
Shadow has used this ability numerous times in his missions, utilized as a Chaos-infused spear that can strike its victims (like a lightning bolt) or go straight through them. Lara-Su copied this move during her fight with King Shadow.
Chaos Control can be used like telekinesis and can levitate objects or people into the air by trapping them inside orbs of Chaos energy. This has been used by the third Enerjak, when he tore Knuckles apart molecule by molecule, as well as the fourth Enerjak, when Knuckles held Julie-Su in the air and planned to return Julie-Su's cybernetic parts to normal, and Lara-Su also uses a similar power to rein in Sonia and Manic while babysitting them. It was also used directly by base Knuckles.
Knuckles, both in his base form and as Enerjak, use an ability similar to Chaos Spear called "Thunder Arrow". It acts as a sort of Chaos-powered lighting bolt that electrocutes its victims. Edmund, a possible future descendant of Knuckles, used it against Prelate-V.
A powerful enough use of Chaos Control can trap a person inside fire-like Chaos energy that can last for a number of years, leaving the person imprisoned. So far, it has only been seen and used once by Lara-Su on King Shadow.
- In Sonic Universe #5, there appears to be a similarity between Silver's psychokinesis and Lara-Su's Chaos Control levitation, as both abilities appeared quite similar when put to use in the respect that they were the same color and engulfed whatever it was used on in an orb of green energy.
- Chaos Control is shown not to work on a Sol Emerald (when at least not in the hands of their Guardian).
- Sonic the Hedgehog #251, "When Worlds Collide Finale: Best of the Best"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #169, "Order From Chaos Part Two: The Great Harmony"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #159, "System Reboot"
- Sonic Universe #4, "The Ultimate Lifeform"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #167, "Mobius: 25 Years Later Part Two: Tempus Aeternus"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #166, "Mobius: 25 Years Later Part One: Tempus Fugitive"
- Sonic Universe #5, "Mobius: 30 Years Later: Five Years of Peace"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #182, "Fallen Angel"
- Sonic Universe #25, "Fractured Mirror Part One: Through the Looking Glass"
- Sonic Universe #22, "Treasure Team Tango Step Two: The Cruzada"