- Not to be confused with the 2019 animation, Chao In Space.
Chao in Space is an entertainment event that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It is a series of films advertised in various places in Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, Sonic Generations and Team Sonic Racing.
The Chao in Space advertisements take the form of posters, all of which appear in the city-themed levels of the games they are in. These posters show various Chao species as well as characters that have connections to them, such as Tikal and Chaos. The films appear to star Chao in their main roles and are credited as "Sonic Team films". On the Chao in Space: The Search for Tikal billboard in Sonic Generations and Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, there are some typos with the names of the characters credited below.
- If one looks closely on the Chao in Space 2: Perfect Chaos Strikes Back (which is a play-on of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back), Emerl and Marine the Raccoon's names can be seen.
- The poster in Sonic Generations misspells various character names, which include:
- The name of Chao in Space: The Search for Tikal is likely a reference to the sci-fi film Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.
- In the Chao in Space 2 poster, the Hero Chao has a green and yellow halo above his head. However, the Hero Chao actually has a blue halo above his head.
- In the Chao in Space 2 poster in Sonic Adventure 2 there is a "PG-13" rating used from the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA).
- On May 4, 2019, the official Sonic social media posted a poster of the fictional Chao in Space HD, with the description "May the 4th be with you", which is the date of Star Wars Day. The poster contains references to Chaos, Cream, Chocola, Cheese, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.
- On 12 December 2019, an animation titled Chao In Space was uploaded to the official Sonic the Hedgehog social media.
Sprites, models and textures