- For the version of this character before the Super Genesis Wave, see Caterkiller (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
During Dr. Eggman's early rule over Mobotropolis, a number of Caterkillers would engage the newly formed Freedom Fighters with little success as the heroes fought to reclaim their city. Eggman would also sell his outdated Caterkillers to his former lackey Breezie the Hedgehog, who made them serve Breeze Media.
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the reader's point of view, this picks up from where the Caterkillers' original timeline ended.
Over time, a number of scrapped Caterkillers were left behind in a deserted Eggman junkyard which Zavok, Zeena and Zor reanimated with their magnetic powers and used to defeat Sonic the Hedgehog during their visit there. These events were later prevented from ever happening thanks to a time traveling Xander Payne.
Powers and abilities
The classic Caterkiller is distinguished by its ability to detach its numerous spiked segments from each other with ease.
- The Caterkiller is based on the Badnik of the same name who first appeared in both the Genesis and Game Gear version of the original Sonic the Hedgehog. Like the comics, the original Caterkiller is known to see its segments scatter, but only if attacked wrong.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Super Digest Special Edition #9, "Sonic Comic Origins - The Belle in the Machine"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #271, "Champions! Part Four: The One's Left Standing"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: Worlds Unite Battles #1, "Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Three of the Armored Deadly Six!"
- ↑ Mega Man #52, "Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #282, "Shards and Sparks"