Sonic Rivals 2
Blue Coast Zone is the first Zone in Sonic Rivals 2. The level is set in what appears to be an old, ruined water palace of sorts, resembling the Water Palace from Sonic Rush. The course features many traditional elements, such as shuttle loops and grind rails.
The first Act features two sections where the rivals must go downhill in barrels, jumping to avoid crashing into boxes, whilst the third act contains two Hang Glider sections, where the player must avoid crashing into hills and random bits of ruins.
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Knuckles the Echidna
- Miles "Tails" Prower - Rouge the Bat
- Shadow the Hedgehog - Silver the Hedgehog
- Metal Sonic - Espio the Chameleon
Sonic and Tails
Sonic asks whether Knuckles and Rouge are dating and only knows that the echidna has lost the Master Emerald again. Without surprise, Sonic takes off to get to Eggman. Meanwhile, Rouge would tell Dr. Eggman that Sonic and Tails are looking for him, much to Tails' dismay.
Knuckles and Rouge
Knuckles encounters Sonic which the hedgehog jokes whether Knuckles and Rouge are on a date. Knuckles gets serious and asks if Sonic has seen Eggman as the Master Emerald has gone missing again. Not too surprised, Sonic proceeds to finding Eggman first, leaving Knuckles to following him. Meanwhile Rouge plans to tell the doctor that Sonic and Tails are looking for him much to Tails' dismay.
Shadow and Metal Sonic
Once again, Shadow is vary of Silver's intentions while Metal Sonic, under the orders of Eggman proceeds to stop Espio.
Silver and Espio
Metal Sonic, under the orders of Eggman proceeds to stop Espio while Shadow, once again is vary of Silver's intentions.
The boss of Blue Coast Zone is the Egg Liner, a reversing vehicle with a spiky ball on a spring at the front. Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega in disguise) will prepare for an attack by raising the spiky ball leaving the front exposed, when he does this, you must knock back your rival and strike it before it can launch it's attack. The Egg Liner will also move the ball diagonally preparing to attack straight forward which must be avoided by jumping over it. Your character has to hit it a total of six times in order to defeat it. Once defeated, the contraption will be blown up, leaving Eggman (Nega) to escape in his Egg-o-matic.
In order of card collection map:
- Nebula: Get the high score in Zone 1 Act 3 (unlocks zone 1 chao detector)
- Rexon: Get the high score in Zone 1 Boss
- Black Oak: Get an S ranking in Zone 1 Act 1
- Blue Falcon: Get an S ranking in Zone 1 Act 2
- Diablon: Get an S ranking in Zone 1 Act 3
- Egg Dealer: Get an S ranking in Zone 1 Boss
- Chao (Dark: Power): Find all in Zone 1 Act 1
- Egg Chao: Find all in Zone 1 Act 3
- Princess Elise: Get the high score in Zone 1 Act 1
In other media
- The background music for Act 1 is Race to Win, the main theme of the game.
- Blue Coast Zone made an appearance in Sonic/Mega Man Free Comic Book Day 2015.
- The Blue Coast Zone is very similar to Water Palace from Sonic Rush and Windmill Isle from Sonic Unleashed due to their coastal Greek themes.
- It is, thus, possible that they are all located in the Apotos region because of their Greek-themes.