Blade Rush (ブレードラッシュ Burēdorasshu?) is a POW move used by Shade the Echidna in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. When using this move, Shade slashes her opponent with her leech blade three times, damaging them, while leeching off their energy, replenishing her own Hit Points. This move can be copied and used by some of the Gizoid-model enemies that is encountered in the game.
When performing Blade Rush, Shade walks up in front of her target and activates her Leech Blade on her right wrist, creating a purple, shimmering energy blade. Shade then jumps up to the enemy and delivers a deadly combo of slashes with her Leech Blade at the opponent. During this combo, she first throws a vertical slash to the right, then vertically to the left, and finishes by jumping into the air and bringing her blade down on the opponent horizontally, pulling her whole body weight into the strike. For each strike, Shade's Leech Blade allows her to Leech off her opponents life energy, replenishing her own Hit Points for each successful strike. After completing her combo, Shade jumps away, and retreats to her party
When performing the Blade Rush in gameplay, the player has to complete a series of real-time events, by performing certain actions on the touchscreen, in order to execute the Blade Rush optimally. The same real-time events also occurs when the player can choose to dodge Blade Rush when the move is used against the player (such as when facing Shade in Blue Ridge Zone and some of the Gizoid-type enemies):
- The player has to touch two circles in succession before the outer circles overlap the inner circles.
- The player has to stay inside the outer circle that appears when it overlaps the inner circle and follow it in a straight line from the upper left corner to the lower right corner.
When the player is using Blade Rush, missing or not touching these circles correctly will either result in Shade missing a strike or the damage from the attack being reduced. If used by an opponent against the player, however, missing or not touching these circles correctly will make it more likely for the opponents to hit their target.
- 5 PP
- Blade Rush I: 3x 150% of Attack damage
- Blade Rush II: 3x 175% of Attack damage
- Blade Rush III: 3x 200% of Attack damage
- Despite the in-game description saying that Shade does a five-hit combo when using Blade Rush, Shade only attacks the opponent three times in gameplay when using it.
- ↑ Official game description.