- For the version of this character before the Super Genesis Wave, see Black Doom (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
Black Doom is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He was the leader of the Black Arms and a former partner of Professor Gerald Robotnik. He led the Black Arms to Sonic's World in order to consume its inhabitants, but was defeated by Shadow the Hedgehog. However, the Black Arms survived his demise due to the existence of a lesser hive mind known as Black Death.
Fifty years prior to the world's present, Black Doom was approached by Professor Gerald Robotnik, who had reached a dead end in his Project Shadow. Seeking to create an agent to prepare Sonic's World for the eventual invasion of the Black Arms, Black Doom willingly provided Gerald with some of his genetic material. The result was Shadow the Hedgehog, whom Black Doom hoped would prove the undoing of his intended victims on Sonic's World.
Invasion of Sonic's world
Fifty years later, Black Doom arrived on schedule and began his invasion, and Shadow briefly assisted him in his efforts. However, Shadow eventually turned against him and was able to defeat Black Doom and destroy the Black Comet following a climactic battle between Super Shadow and Devil Doom.
Before his death, Black Doom telepathically reached out to one of his subordinates on a different planetary conquest, Black Death, informing him of what events had transpired and leaving the role of leadership and the fate of their species with him. Black Death then lead a new Black Arms colony to Sonic's World in another Black Comet for a second invasion.
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Rouge the Bat
- Freedom Fighters
- Dr. Eggman
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Gerald Robotnik
- Ian Flynn has gone on record to say that Black Doom is currently off-limits in the comics.
- ↑ Shadow the Hedgehog
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic Universe #59, "Shadow Fall - Part One: Into the Unknown"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic Universe #60, "Shadow Fall - Part Two: A Shadow in the Dark"
- ↑ Sonic Super Special Magazine #10, "Shadow Fall Featurette"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (17 November 2013). Sonic the Hedgehog #258, Sonic Universe #61, & more previews. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.